Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:48 pm

Staying here again after two weeks..and more issues! This time regarding my laundry order. I put my dress shirts in a bag on top of my bed with the order form on top of it. I come back to the hotel after work and lo and behold the bed is made and my clothes are right on top of the bed, with the order form still on top. They didn't take the order...

I spoke to the Front desk manager and this is what she told me "if you want to ensure your laundry gets done you need to call the front desk or drop your laundry off at the front desk before you go". Has anyone experienced this? I personally never have.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Staying here again after two weeks..and more issues! This time regarding my laundry order. I put my dress shirts in a bag on top of my bed with the order form on top of it. I come back to the hotel after work and lo and behold the bed is made and my clothes are right on top of the bed, with the order form still on top. They didn't take the order...

I spoke to the Front desk manager and this is what she told me "if you want to ensure your laundry gets done you need to call the front desk or drop your laundry off at the front desk before you go". Has anyone experienced this? I personally never have.
This full service hotel definitely has some problems with service in my experience.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Aventine
This full service hotel definitely has some problems with service in my experience.
I've never had a problem with service at this hotel. They've always been terrific. As far as laundry goes, every hotel I've stayed at needs the laundry by 9 a.m. Housekeeping may not clean your room until noon. I've never used the laundry service at this hotel, but others where I have request that I call housekeeping and let them know.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I've never had a problem with service at this hotel. They've always been terrific. As far as laundry goes, every hotel I've stayed at needs the laundry by 9 a.m. Housekeeping may not clean your room until noon. I've never used the laundry service at this hotel, but others where I have request that I call housekeeping and let them know.
I called twice for a toiletry item and still didn't get delivered. It took a tweet to Hyatt concierge to have it delivered after we left for the day.
Travelchurner likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
I called twice for a toiletry item and still didn't get delivered. It took a tweet to Hyatt concierge to have it delivered after we left for the day.
Hmmm i always call for a few toiletry items and have always gotten it pretty quickly. Never had an issue. (I have stayed here ~20 times)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Hmmm i always call for a few toiletry items and have always gotten it pretty quickly. Never had an issue. (I have stayed here ~20 times)
I seem to have bad luck calling for items with Hyatts in the Tri-state area. Not the first hotel to partially ignore me.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Now that this hotel is dropping to be eligible for the credit card free night I think it and the Hyatt House will become more popular. I'm considering it, especially driving in from PA. Parking in Jersey City seems to be just as painful as New York, however. Are there any good options, especially for the weekend? Seems like there may be some discounted garages available on Sat or Sun, but that leaves Fri night as problematic, and making sure the garages support overnight parking too.

Any suggestions welcome....
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I’ve street parked on Pearl St. (between Greene and Washington) over a Saturday night without issue. Just be sure to read signs carefully in the area.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here for the weekend and was offered a partial city view as a Globalist upgrade.

The beautiful restaurant views and full breakfast compensates a bit for 17 year old rooms. They are seriously in need of re-doing but probably won't get done.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 24, 2019 at 5:14 am
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:44 pm

I was returning my rental car to the Hertz Local Edition in Jersey City at 135 Greene Street and noticed the parking garage is now marked as Hyatt self-parking. The lot is in a large commercial office building and has seven floors of covered parking. There's a kiosk in the lobby to scan and pay your parking fare before exiting. I don't know how much the rate is or if there's in and out parking. I've had luck with free weekend street parking in the immediate area from this garage. Some may be happy that there is a Five Guys in the same building (but not open on weekends).

Also, the food hall in Harborside (next to the hotel) is now open; a few vendors are going to try and make a go for extended hours, especially with the NY Waterways ferry outside replacing the PATH to World Trade Center on weekends until December 2020. https://www.6sqft.com/jersey-citys-h...local-vendors/

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 2, 2019 at 7:01 pm
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
Weekend Arrival from LGA

I’m considering Hyatt Regency Jersey City for a two night stay a couple weeks from now. It’s in a perfect location to catch the PATH over for my meetings near the World Trade Center. Problem is I fly into LGA on a Sunday evening. My plan would be to take a Lyft to the Brookfield Ferry Terminal and take the ferry across to Harborside. Having never taken the ferry, I’m not sure how close I’d be to the Brookfield terminal when I’m dropped off. Is it pretty easy to find?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by jsnearline
I’m considering Hyatt Regency Jersey City for a two night stay a couple weeks from now. It’s in a perfect location to catch the PATH over for my meetings near the World Trade Center. Problem is I fly into LGA on a Sunday evening. My plan would be to take a Lyft to the Brookfield Ferry Terminal and take the ferry across to Harborside. Having never taken the ferry, I’m not sure how close I’d be to the Brookfield terminal when I’m dropped off. Is it pretty easy to find?
Are your arriving LGA in the morning and have lots of time ? No way you can fly into EWR? Either way I would just take Uber/Lyft from either airport to the hotel. Certainly more expensive from LGA than from EWR. The ferry to/from the hotel is a little bit aways and we saw quite a line waiting for it in the morning. Can't tell you about the opposite direction, but it's close -- maybe a 10 minute walk - to the hotel. We love this hotel, but your room totally depends on location, ,location..... If view doesn't matter, then any room is OK. Very nice staff. PATH is right out the door of the hotel.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:15 pm

Tried getting a flight to EWR but I’m using BA Avios for an AA ticket. I get to LGA around 5:30 PM.

Also considering using points for Gild Hall in the Financial District. I love hotels with a view though, which HRJC has but Gild Hall does not.

Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:24 am

A good landmark for setting your drop-off point would be the Conrad Hotel on North End, between Vesey and Murray. The ferry terminal is on the Vesey side; just head straight to the Hudson River; you can't miss the terminal. It would be a 2-3 minute walk. You can take the ferry to either Paulus Hook or Harborside; it;s pretty much the same distance to the Hyatt.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion about the Conrad. All of this would be less stressful if I was coming in earlier. That’s what I get for not checking the PATH schedule before making my travel plans. I’m leaning towards making my life as simple as possible and staying on site at the conference hotel. I’ll have another chance to try Jersey City in a couple months anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.