Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by jameswes
Thanks for that - I was curious and couldn't find anything online really describing the difference between the two and their website only has one picture of each suite.
Traveling with family, so I'd definitely appreciate the actual door and it's the first time for almost everyone to NYC so the views would be great as well.
You'll be happy no matter what suite you get. This is a wonderful hotel with terrific staff and service. And 100' outside the front door and you are at the PATH station and about a 5 minute ride into the new World Trade Center transportation center, which is a highlight of NYC on its own. Have a wonderful time in this great city and at a great hotel.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:29 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
You'll be happy no matter what suite you get. This is a wonderful hotel with terrific staff and service. And 100' outside the front door and you are at the PATH station and about a 5 minute ride into the new World Trade Center transportation center, which is a highlight of NYC on its own. Have a wonderful time in this great city and at a great hotel.
I stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last six months. I liked the hotel but was rarely acknowledged as a Globalist and never received a suite upgrade. I was lucky to get a room wtih a better Hudson view even when asking a couple of times... is this everyone else's experience or did I just get a not so good FD person?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last six months. I liked the hotel but was rarely acknowledged as a Globalist and never received a suite upgrade. I was lucky to get a room wtih a better Hudson view even when asking a couple of times... is this everyone else's experience or did I just get a not so good FD person?
Did you check hyatt.com to see if suites were available? They have very few of them. I have just always used a TSU or 6,000 point upgrades so I can't comment on upgrades on check-in.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:08 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Did you check hyatt.com to see if suites were available? They have very few of them. I have just always used a TSU or 6,000 point upgrades so I can't comment on upgrades on check-in.
Honestly I didn't care about suites, but would have liked an offer at least once. Maybe they were just booked.

The issue was when I asked for a better Hudson view instead of being shoved back by the dock I was told there were none. My sales guy who checked in after me somehow received better rooms though... not asking for much, just something for the trouble of getting Globalist in a program that had already removed benefits (they did actually give me the welcome bonus for a stay or two after the program change though so not all bad).
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Honestly I didn't care about suites, but would have liked an offer at least once. Maybe they were just booked.

The issue was when I asked for a better Hudson view instead of being shoved back by the dock I was told there were none. My sales guy who checked in after me somehow received better rooms though... not asking for much, just something for the trouble of getting Globalist in a program that had already removed benefits (they did actually give me the welcome bonus for a stay or two after the program change though so not all bad).
stayed here many times. never received a suite upg. Always used a TSU or 6k pt upg. I think theres only 4 hudson river suites (404, 504, 604, 704) and 1 ellis suite (on 7th flr) and supposedly an Empire suite (not marketed)
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
stayed here many times. never received a suite upg. Always used a TSU or 6k pt upg. I think theres only 4 hudson river suites (404, 504, 604, 704) and 1 ellis suite (on 7th flr) and supposedly an Empire suite (not marketed)
I can confirm, there is an Empire Suite (not marketed) on the 4th floor. It's awesome!
Someone else has better pictures of the suite here.

Prior to my stay the GM contacted me (I'm sure a form email) asking if there was anything they could do in advance. I was booked into the Ellis Suite (which doesn't have a door) so I asked if they could move me to a suite with a door. And they gave me an upgrade to the Empire suite which has amazing views of NYC.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 am

Staying here now, am in some kind of suite, using an expiring TSU (Globalist already qualed for 2019), the suite I have is just ok. I love the size of the suite but the TVs are way too small for the room. Also my bedroom in the suite has a connecting door to another room and i can hear their TV, phone conversations etc.

Last night i was on a call with Asia and my neighbor began began banging on the wall for me to quiet down (i am a loud talker) so i had to move into the living room. Not a huge issue, but i would love to be able to take phone calls in my actual room.

Ordered room service last night and they deliver food like at the Hyatt Times square, in biodegradable containers. Burger was actually amazing.

Got an invite to a "special" globalist reception tonight, apparently they will be raffling off Globalist status. I may attend, never been to anything like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:28 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The Piggyback Grill in the building next door (200 Hudson / Harborside Financial Center) is pretty good for dinner (in case you don't want to do room service) and the bar scene at the Rooftop Bar at the nearby Hyatt House is pretty active, if that's your thing.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:37 am

[QUOTE=ZBigFam;30247532]Staying here now, am in some kind of suite, using an expiring TSU (Globalist already qualed for 2019), the suite I have is just ok. I love the size of the suite but the TVs are way too small for the room. Also my bedroom in the suite has a connecting door to another room and i can hear their TV, phone conversations etc.

Last night i was on a call with Asia and my neighbor began began banging on the wall for me to quiet down (i am a loud talker) so i had to move into the living room. Not a huge issue, but i would love to be able to take phone calls in my actual room.

/QUOTE]

We've stayed in these Hudson River suites several times and found them outstanding, with the exception of that connecting door which is right next to the bed. The last time we stayed in one of those suites a man in the connecting room had a terrible cough- day and night. If you go to the Globalist event tonight, tell management that they need to replace that door with one that is totally soundproof.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:22 pm

Went to the event last night, i got there 30 min before it ended so it was pretty empty but there was a decent spread. Burgers, hummus, cheese, drinks etc
Didn't enter the raffle, couldn't be bothered to hear the schtick.

The connecting door situation is horrible for suites, thankfully the person staying next to me left. it's like having a room mate.

For those who want to eat healthy the vegan superfood breakfast at the restaurant is amazing.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Went to the event last night, i got there 30 min before it ended so it was pretty empty but there was a decent spread. Burgers, hummus, cheese, drinks etc
Didn't enter the raffle, couldn't be bothered to hear the schtick.

The connecting door situation is horrible for suites, thankfully the person staying next to me left. it's like having a room mate.

For those who want to eat healthy the vegan superfood breakfast at the restaurant is amazing.
Too bad you couldn't connect with someone in management to complain about the connecting door. If you get a survey from Hyatt about the hotel, be sure to mention that problem and that it can easily be fixed by just providing a better insulated door and trim.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Got the ADA room for one night. Corporate event took all the suites. Okay for one night in and out.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're really paying for a view here because the rooms are pretty crappy. Not so much different rook wise than the HR I stayed at in Connecticut. I regret not trying to apply a TSU months ago. I'd recommend doing that too before a stay here.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:14 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
@Aventine - Have you tried the Hyatt House that is pretty much next door? Some of my co-workers stay there and they said it was fine.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it actually cost more on this stay than HR Jersey City. I think the breakfast at Vu restaurant can't be beat though.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.