Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by slocouple
And, FYI, if you're from outside the US, and the screen shot above was of your specific dates, it's a Holiday weekend. Very nice rate for a holiday weekend in NYC, IMO. Unfortunately, our trip is the weekend prior, or I would have suggested a quick mini-meetup!
Yes, the screen shot shows my specific dates. Flying in from ZRH on Sunday. Good to know regarding the dates, so I'm even more happy with the price Well, I'm certainly looking forward to the hotel and how it holds up compared to my client's usual choice in NY.

What a pity with your trip, a mini-meetup would have been nice!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Yes, the screen shot shows my specific dates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_..._King,_Jr._Day
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I am a little confused. some have stated the last PATH train is at 10 pm, but looking at the PATH site, it appears there is path service all night from WTC on the Red... can anyone confirm? How far is this station to the hotel?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
PATH runs 24 hours.

PATH stations and tunnels were flooded by Hurricane Sandy and was shut down for several weeks . As they slowly repaired and brought the system back up it closed at 10:00 PM. Now it's back to the 24 hour schedule, but there maybe delays in the evening as repairs are still on going. Check this website for alerts & advisories

http://www.paalerts.com/recent_pathalerts.aspx

The exchange station is right outside the hotels front door, about a 5 minute walk from your room. 3 -5 minute ride to the WTC station.

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I am a little confused. some have stated the last PATH train is at 10 pm, but looking at the PATH site, it appears there is path service all night from WTC on the Red... can anyone confirm? How far is this station to the hotel?

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Apr 14, 2013 at 12:55 am
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
PATH runs 24 hours.

PATH stations and tunnels were flooded by Hurricane Sandy and was shut down for several weeks . As they slowly repaired and brought the system back up it closed at 10:00 PM. Now it's back to the 24 hour schedule, but there maybe delays in the evening as repairs are still on going. Check this website for alerts & advisories

http://www.paalerts.com/recent_pathalerts.aspx

The exchange station is right outside the hotels front door, about a 5 minute walk from your room. 3 -5 minute ride to the WTC station.
That clears it up. Headed there Ftiday. Thanks!!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:51 pm

My .02 on this hotel...

Very convenient to NYC.

Booked there a week out. I had one night on my Chase Anniv. benefit and one night paid.

I contacted Yvonne and she was EXCELLENT.

Check-in was efficient and freindly. I opted for the wine and cheese since I had my mother and this was her first visit to NYC. We were given room 605. This is the famous view room. We had a balcony that stepped out to the city. Magnificent View.

Room had two queen beds, but aside from the view was not really an upgrade. This was fine for us.

Breakfast is the average buffet or menu. The buffet is good and has the omelet station. The layout is a little unorganized for traffic flow, but oh well. Staff in the restaurant is friendly. The entire breakfast check was taken off my bill at check-out. No gratuity was paid, etc.

Parking is efficient and a little pricey, but it is NYC. They actually did not post the parking until after I mentioned it, but I was not trying to avoid paying it and did not want to get caught having to pay at the valet stand.

A very nice stay. I will def. consider this hotel again. This is a great option for CAT 4 Hotel in NYC.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Could somebody please PM me the email of Yvonne Yip? Lost her business card in January and not quite sure if her Email follows the usual Hyatt set-up...

EDIT: already solved, thanks for the help!

Last edited by Frequent_Flyer1; Jul 23, 2013 at 8:41 am Reason: got email, added information...
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:50 am

Stayed here a few nights as a Diamond. Got free water at the front desk. Checked into a King room, which was very spacious. Bathroom facilities were good, and everything was in place. I normally don't care for hotel views, but I must say that the view across the Hudson from this hotel is very nice. Great view of the Manhattan skyline.

Breakfast was a buffet. Selection is pretty good as they have cheeses and a few cured meats as well as your typical full English breakfast.

Great location. Don't let the fact that it's in Jersey City put you off if you're going to Manhattan. The PATH station is literally across the street, and you can get to Midtown in around 30 minutes.

Although having a hotel in Manhattan is convenient, I would have no qualms staying here again.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:02 pm
Suspended

After a few stays here, I'm back in Manhattan. The PATH train to Midtown is too much of a pain, and really a pain when you travel during non-commute hours. There are times late in the evening when it took 40 - 60 minutes to get back to the hotel. On top of that, when you leave the hotel, Jersey City is DEAD... I've spent several evenings here to LAZY to take the PATH to Manhattan... ending up wondering around the streets of Jersey City looking for something to do.

On another note. A bit of advice to those of you who take the PATH. Beware the system is not safe. The Christopher Street Station is known for pick-pocket, and trains that are headed to Newark can be a bit shady at night, early mornings, keep an eye on your belongings.

Many people I know who live in Jersey City have told me to avoid the Christopher Street Station.

Originally Posted by JunkDiver

Great location. Don't let the fact that it's in Jersey City put you off if you're going to Manhattan. The PATH station is literally across the street, and you can get to Midtown in around 30 minutes.

Although having a hotel in Manhattan is convenient, I would have no qualms staying here again.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I've been riding PATH since 1973 and never experienced/witnessed any public safety issue.

I agree that the train service is sparse off peak, especially when they do track repairs on the weekends, etc.

Jersey City may not be Greenwich Village, but there are decent places to eat and drink if you know where to look. One of my favorites is the Iron Monkey, which is walking distance from the Hyatt.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:20 pm

Any recent reviews on this? I read that there's no lounge. What's the breakfast like? What kind of upgrades for Diamonds? What's the amenity in lieu of 1k pts?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by savekenny
Any recent reviews on this? I read that there's no lounge. What's the breakfast like? What kind of upgrades for Diamonds? What's the amenity in lieu of 1k pts?
Am interested in the same thing, especially since they just advertised the $109 per night rate at the same time I was already looking at staying there

http://jerseycity.hyatt.com/en/hotel...sBookable=true
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:46 pm
Suspended

I would use caution if you plan to stay there. PATH Trains to WTC during certain weekends service will be interrupted or scaled back. They will be working on the tunnels and single tracking from exchange place to WTC.

They may even stop service on certain days. THe PATH website says to check back in the beginning of 2014 for details.

I think this is one reason they are offering this rate.

Originally Posted by file51
Am interested in the same thing, especially since they just advertised the $109 per night rate at the same time I was already looking at staying there

Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by file51
Quote:

Originally Posted by savekenny

Stayed here in November. As a Diamond, I received no upgrade. Only upon persistent inquiries did they offer a room with a 15-degree angle view of the river. Picked a bottle of wine and nuts as an amenity. It was 750 ml so I gave it away as a gift.

Not to mention the extreme inconvenience to midtown NYC.

Disappointed and will not stay again.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I would use caution if you plan to stay there. PATH Trains to WTC during certain weekends service will be interrupted or scaled back. They will be working on the tunnels and single tracking from exchange place to WTC.

They may even stop service on certain days. THe PATH website says to check back in the beginning of 2014 for details.

I think this is one reason they are offering this rate.
Have checked the PATH website and there is no mention of any reduced services, at least nothing for late March when we will be heading there???

Isn't there a ferry within walking distance as well to Manhattan?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.