Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
That's on the Hyatt website without the Travel Zoo code involved. I was looking at it earlier today for travel before Christmas. Problem right now is that PATH only runs until 10pm Mon-Fri from Exchange Place, so would have to get to a different PATH station for weekend travel and late night travel involves about an hour by bus. I may split my stay between there and Manhattan to balance things out. Still sorting out the pieces.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks much for describing the practical constraints. Glad to know the actual limits on one's seeing the Christmas stuff in mid-town. (Looong cab ride.) I'm looking at it for my pre-Christmas trip, as well. It'll be there and/or using my Radisson 1-for-1 nights in Manhattan.

Absolutely no grass will ever grow under tom911's feet. ^
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Completed three nights at this property on Saturday morning. I did the full breakfast buffet the first morning (scrambled eggs, chicken or pork sausage, roasted potatoes on the hot table), but that was a little too much food for me so was happy with continental the subsequent two days (bagels, New York salami, Virginia ham, New Jersey cheese, cantaloupe, fresh fruit, muffins). Either came with juice and coffee/tea. Service was very good across all three visits and I left full. Both internet and breakfasts did not appear on my final bill as a Diamond.

The entry escalators, which lead up to the lobby, are out of service, which I suspect in from Hurricane Sandy. There is a single elevator in the front entry way or a bank of elevators further up that come down near the fitness center. They were all working fine and no delays.

As I was in from Manhattan by around 9pm each night, I didn't run into any issues with PATH. It's about a 20 min walk up to Newport which adjoins a mall with a Macy's and runs daily, or 10-15 mins up to Grove Street in downtown Jersey City (straight walk up the road from Hyatt--if you need a Dunkin Donuts fix there is one next to the station entrance). You'd only need to do this on weekends when the station next to the Hyatt is closed (Exchange Place). All trains stop at 2200.

If you come back from Herald Square in Manhattan, you go to Grove St and change to a World Trade Center train there Monday-Friday and it will drop you right at the hotel at the Exchange Place station (works in the reverse if you want to go to Herald Square instead of World Trade Center). You can use your NYC subway card at PATH fares gates, no need for a separate ticket.

I had a 7th floor king with a midtown view. This photo is from outside so the window frame isn't in the way.

View from side of hotel towards Lower Manhattan:

More photos in the Hyatt gallery linked below.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
misleading price quotation on hyatt.com

As mentioned in another thread, I've a trip to NY upcoming and as some of my clients are based in South Manhattan/Wall Street, I did have a look at the HR Jersey City on the Hudson River too (a colleague of mine really likes it).

However, when searching for my dates, I get some odd results: looking at the general hotel overview for New York, a price of around USD 109 per night is displayed, however, once I click on "View all rooms & rates", the rate jumps to USD 203.15 per night (so nearly doubled). Any idea if the price of USD 109 is real or an IT-issue?

Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You need to scroll down completely.... the $109 rates are some kind of special offer and are (for some reason) only displayed at the bottom.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:03 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by RTW1
You need to scroll down completely.... the $109 rates are some kind of special offer and are (for some reason) only displayed at the bottom.
I agree that this is normally the case - but not for this specific one. I recreated the dates and saw exactly what the OP observed. I scrolled thru all the rates and found none even approaching $109. Very odd.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:04 am

I thought so too, but even when completely scrolling down on the rate page I still don't see this rate/offer. Only the "Advance Purchase", the "Hyatt Daily Rate" and the "Bed and Breakfast" are displayed and neither of them are near $109.

Or did I miss it completely? Dates are 01/20 to 01/23...
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a glitch.... the rate is not valid anymore (but apparently still shows up in the general screen).

Limited time - Rate Description:
Reduced Rate:Tax Excluded: - Booking Window: 19DEC12-26DEC12 - Valid Stay Dates: 01JAN13-28FEB13 - Full prepayment due at booking - Non-refundable if cancelled

However if you choose for example Jan 3/4 the rate still is available..... that's how I saw it before.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:36 am

It's a glitch.... the rate is not valid anymore (but apparently still shows up in the general screen).

Limited time - Rate Description:
Reduced Rate:Tax Excluded: - Booking Window: 19DEC12-26DEC12 - Valid Stay Dates: 01JAN13-28FEB13 - Full prepayment due at booking - Non-refundable if cancelled

However if you choose for example Jan 3/4 the rate still is available..... that's how I saw it before.
Oh thanks, that explains this! ^ Bummer, it seems that I missed this sale. Would have been a terrific rate!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Oh thanks, that explains this! ^ Bummer, it seems that I missed this sale. Would have been a terrific rate!
Disagree -- I had the same problem, and when I called GP they were able to book it for me for mid-January. Might have been during the booking window, but maybe is still available. Try calling GP.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would call too, and you should try the hotel as well.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:08 pm

Thanks, good to know!! Will try to call GP tomorrow morning and keep you updated.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Better call today... The rate states that the credit card deposit should be done by Dec 29th. So you might get lucky, I doubt they will still honor it tomorrow.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:59 pm

Better call today... The rate states that the credit card deposit should be done by Dec 29th. So you might get lucky, I doubt they will still honor it tomorrow.
THANKS to all of you, especially RTW1 and slocouple!! ^ :-: ^

The advice regarding the card deposit date was much appreciated! Just got off the phone with GP in the US (DE desk was obviously closed) and got the rate booked without any problems. And the agent was more than happy to apply the suite upgrade straight away as space was available.

I'm a happy camper today!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
THANKS to all of you, especially RTW1 and slocouple
I'm a happy camper today!
And, FYI, if you're from outside the US, and the screen shot above was of your specific dates, it's a Holiday weekend. Very nice rate for a holiday weekend in NYC, IMO. Unfortunately, our trip is the weekend prior, or I would have suggested a quick mini-meetup!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.