Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by mnmag
I appreciate you are talking about public transportation, etc. Do you know or can anyone confirm whether the self-parking in the nearby lot is covered as a Globalist? I will definitely have my car with me, so want to make sure I understand that it is a Globalist benefit to have the parking charge credited back. Thank you!
DEFINITELY call the hotel and ask. The parking lots are public lots not owned or operated by the hotel. Also, Globalists generally only get free parking on award stays.
mnmag likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
I appreciate you are talking about public transportation, etc. Do you know or can anyone confirm whether the self-parking in the nearby lot is covered as a Globalist? I will definitely have my car with me, so want to make sure I understand that it is a Globalist benefit to have the parking charge credited back. Thank you!
They do have free parking for globalists on award stays. I cannot tell you the details as I didn't have a car, but I was offered it on an award stay two months ago.
mnmag likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
DEFINITELY call the hotel and ask. The parking lots are public lots not owned or operated by the hotel. Also, Globalists generally only get free parking on award stays.
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
They do have free parking for globalists on award stays. I cannot tell you the details as I didn't have a car, but I was offered it on an award stay two months ago.
Yes, the proposed stay would be an award stay. Thank you both for responding to my query!
Old May 13, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
I got free parking onsite when I stayed there last year. The front desk gave me a small ticket to put behind the windshield. But the parking spaces are very limited. I am not sure what would happen if all the lots are occupied.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
Looking at staying here next month for a couple night stay. We will probably be taking the train up from DC. Is PATH from Newark the best option getting to the hotel? I’d like to see the Moynihan Train Hall though. How much time would that add to the trip?

We’re flying out of LGA (unless I can find something reasonable out of EWR back to DEN). I’m wondering if it might be an option to store our luggage somewhere in Midtown the day we leave so we don’t have to go back for our stuff after checking out. Is there a way to do this?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by jsnearline
Is PATH from Newark the best option getting to the hotel?
Yes, would drop you right in front of the hotel

I’d like to see the Moynihan Train Hall though. How much time would that add to the trip?
Maybe an hour?

I’m wondering if it might be an option to store our luggage somewhere in Midtown the day we leave so we don’t have to go back for our stuff after checking out. Is there a way to do this?
You can find luggage storage all over the place via any number of online platforms. luggagehero.com is one of the first ones that pops up. Moynihan also has storage lockers available for Amtrak passengers. Not sure if there's a way to get around that requirement but if you could then it would kill two birds
jsnearline likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:01 pm

I was looking at the hotel info in the World of Hyatt app and it looks like the Vu Restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch. Are there any dinner options on site? We will be arriving around 7 pm on a Saturday night and it would be good to know what food options we might have if we don’t go into the city that first evening.

I do note that the hotel website does show the Vu Lounge being open in the evenings with some light food options. So that could be an option.

Last edited by jsnearline; Sep 4, 2022 at 8:37 pm
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
The vu restaurant had a very limited menu in July

I don’t remember the details. I arrived on a Sunday evening about 6. I looked at the menu and it was pretty limited. Only one or two choices. I took an Uber to Grimaldis pizza in Jersey city. That was good.
jsnearline likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Steve Weagant
I don’t remember the details. I arrived on a Sunday evening about 6. I looked at the menu and it was pretty limited. Only one or two choices. I took an Uber to Grimaldis pizza in Jersey city. That was good.
Yes, their Sunday and Monday menu is very limited. The Tuesday - Saturday menu has a little bit more but still isn’t ideal.

I suppose Uber Eats could be another option.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Steve Weagant
I took an Uber to Grimaldis pizza in Jersey city. That was good.
Slightly off-topic, but the best pizza in the area (some argue it’s the best in NYC) is in Jersey City. https://razzanj.com/

Grimaldi’s NJ is in Hoboken.
We will be arriving around 7 pm on a Saturday night and it would be good to know what food options we might have …
There’s a very good Italian restaurant about a five minute walk from the hotel.
https://www.portoleggero.net/

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 5, 2022 at 10:38 am
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Slightly off-topic, but the best pizza in the area (some argue it’s the best in NYC) is in Jersey City. https://razzanj.com/
Seconding the Razza recommendation, and adding you must get the bread and butter. I was skeptical after reading some raves over what is such a basic item but it really is the best thing on the menu.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:14 am

I was looking at the hotel info in the World of Hyatt app and it looks like the Vu Restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch. Are there any dinner options on site? We will be arriving around 7 pm on a Saturday night and it would be good to know what food options we might have if we don’t go into the city that first evening.

I do note that the hotel website does show the Vu Lounge being open in the evenings with some light food options. So that could be an option.
How about RoofTop at Exchange Place at the Hyatt House nearby? I'm not sure about the food but it will surely have excellent view of Lower Manhattan at night.
jsnearline likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:59 am

How safe is Newark Penn station on a typical Saturday evening for connecting from Amtrak to PATH? I’ve heard that it can be a bit scary during off peak times.

I’m thinking one possible solution to my dinner dilemma would be to get off the train in NYC, store our bags at the Moynihan Train Hall for a couple hours, have a nice dinner somewhere, visit the Empire State Building, get our luggage and then work our way down to the Oculus on the subway and over to the hotel on the PATH.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Inside the train station isn't that bad. Outside has some sketchy characters. Saturday evening has some traffic so not totally off peak.
jsnearline likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
moved to hyatt house thread

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Oct 25, 2022 at 8:53 pm Reason: removed as this is suppose to be for the Hyatt House

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.