Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
Budget Taxi In Jersey City is normally a black car and only $25.
The driver may try and charge more because they have to take the Turnpike back but that is not your problem.

Also in Downtown Jersey City use uber-x much cheaper to get places than the black car.

I live in the Downtown and put up family at this location all the time.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:28 am
Community Director Emerita

We did not have the stay we anticipated. I chose this hotel for an overnight stay while headed to Europe. I stayed before and knew it was worth the distance from EWR if I booked a suite with the dead on view of Manhattan. The night skyline view is sublime. We booked a suite in mid February. Our suite was sold out from beneath us. Front desk staff first disavowed that we had booked a suite. I showed them the correspondence. Then, searching our record, they found we indeed had the suite til the day of arrival. Nothing could be done at that point as all suites were occupied. We were given a room with a view to the south. We couldn't see any of the Manhattan skyline. This was an unusual Hyatt fail for me.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:36 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Ouch.

I was walking into the Exchange Place PATH station last night thinking how nice an evening it was and hoping you'd enjoy the view.

I know you were due to arrive in late; do you think that had any bearing on your downgrade?

Major fail in any case - let's hope they do right by you.

Hope the rest of your travels are better!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:40 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I know you were due to arrive in late; do you think that had any bearing on your downgrade?
We called late afternoon to let them know we had a very late arrival and to hold our suite for us.

Major fail in any case - let's hope they do right by you.
At first, all they offered was to return the suite upgrade. We booked with a 2013 upgrade, so the upgrade wouldn't even come back into our account. They did offer better eventually but honestly I just wanted the view and there was no way to give us that.

Hope the rest of your travels are better!
Thank you.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Hope you at least had a decent view over breakfast, though that doesn't make up for the disappearing upgrade.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
The front desk staff is very hit and miss here and some of the managers have no clue how to take care of people. I live in Jersey City and book rooms for Family that come and stay with us. We have gotten some of the worst rooms and when they try and explain the upgrade and the extra cost, I asked shouldn't you be just doing this for free for a Diamond. The upgrades in many cases are not really any better. Also they have a big party room on the upper floor that actually causes the end rooms with the views to be unusable some evenings as the party upstairs is too loud.

I have actually had to tweet to hyatt and finally got the general manager to take care of things but it really should not come to this. There are enough tourist that are just booking a room that when their preferred guest stay they should do a little more.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We did not have the stay we anticipated. I chose this hotel for an overnight stay while headed to Europe. I stayed before and knew it was worth the distance from EWR if I booked a suite with the dead on view of Manhattan. The night skyline view is sublime. We booked a suite in mid February. Our suite was sold out from beneath us. Front desk staff first disavowed that we had booked a suite. I showed them the correspondence. Then, searching our record, they found we indeed had the suite til the day of arrival. Nothing could be done at that point as all suites were occupied. We were given a room with a view to the south. We couldn't see any of the Manhattan skyline. This was an unusual Hyatt fail for me.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:39 am

Stayed here one night 1-7-15 and used a DSU so I wanted to provide a data point.

Arrived pretty late and decided to valet. Valet was $32 a day. I asked about self parking and they said there was a garage nearby and pointed up the street. Seeing as it was 5 degrees outside I decided not to go investigate it.

Check in was smooth and friendly. I was upgraded to an Ellis Suite (Room 816). The room was spacious and nice. It included a large living room, and a king bedroom, which were separated by a book case. Large Bay windows gave me a nice view of the Hudson and the Statue of Liberty in the distance. It appears to be what they consider a "Bridal suite" on their website. Once nice touch was that there is 1.5 baths in the unit.

In the morning at breakfast I reuested a table by the window and was able to have a full view of Manhattan. This was a wonderful place to dine. I saw walkways all around outside f the building and surrounding areas and I imagine this would be a great hotel to visit in the warmer months.

Breakfast choice was off the menu or the Buffet. I chose the buffet which had normal selections. I found the buffet to be well stocked and fresh and the waitservice was very good.

The next time I visit here I plan to make a weekend of it based on the easy access to lower Manahattan. The views and proximity to NYC just seems to be a fantastic balance. It's definitely a worthwhile destination.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
They used to have a VIP Guest Service manager here... Yvonne Yip. I know she has left, have they not replaced her? In the past she took great care of Diamond Members, you just send her an email that you were coming and everything was taken care of. When she left VIP service went downhill.
Beyond the view there is nothing special about this hotel, food is awful, and service is hit and miss. Rooms need a refresh is not total renovation.

Originally Posted by Droch
The front desk staff is very hit and miss here and some of the managers have no clue how to take care of people. I live in Jersey City and book rooms for Family that come and stay with us. We have gotten some of the worst rooms and when they try and explain the upgrade and the extra cost, I asked shouldn't you be just doing this for free for a Diamond. The upgrades in many cases are not really any better. Also they have a big party room on the upper floor that actually causes the end rooms with the views to be unusable some evenings as the party upstairs is too loud.

I have actually had to tweet to hyatt and finally got the general manager to take care of things but it really should not come to this. There are enough tourist that are just booking a room that when their preferred guest stay they should do a little more.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:35 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FYI, the signage on the exterior of the property has been changed from Hyatt to Hyatt Regency.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
They used to have a VIP Guest Service manager here... Yvonne Yip. I know she has left, have they not replaced her? In the past she took great care of Diamond Members, you just send her an email that you were coming and everything was taken care of. When she left VIP service went downhill.
Beyond the view there is nothing special about this hotel, food is awful, and service is hit and miss. Rooms need a refresh is not total renovation.
Yvonne was the bomb. Treated Diamonds like royalty. Sad to hear that she is gone and that the property has gone down without her.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:12 pm

Street Parking

I plan on staying at the hotel for the first time this Saturday night. As I will be driving to the hotel, I am curious if there is any local street parking where I can park the car near the hotel? Since it's a weekend stay I figured there may perhaps be some parking. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by vintastic16
I plan on staying at the hotel for the first time this Saturday night. As I will be driving to the hotel, I am curious if there is any local street parking where I can park the car near the hotel? Since it's a weekend stay I figured there may perhaps be some parking. Any input is greatly appreciated.
I know this is too late for you, but good for future readers?, there are plenty of parking on weekends... i parked on Greene St (on the street right outside a parking lot), a few blocks away from hotel and probably the closest free street parking to the hotel.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 5:13 am

Considering using a DSU at this hotel, however from all the pictures of the Hudson suite I can find, there seem to be a connecting door next to the bed. Being a noise freak, I was wondering if anyone can confirm if in fact all the entry suites at this hotel are connecting via the bedroom?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:47 pm

depends on which suite you get. I was once assigned one that overlooked the hudson, thtere was no connecting door but a large cabinet that separated the bedroom from the living room.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
depends on which suite you get. I was once assigned one that overlooked the hudson, thtere was no connecting door but a large cabinet that separated the bedroom from the living room.
Thanks ^ I reached out the hotel, and they told me that all their Hudson suites have connecting doors, but not all are by the bed. Will try to avoid that + not under the ballroom (but since we are staying from Tuesday to Friday, we will probably avoid any weddings.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.