Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 6, 19, 9:59 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Heads up to anyone staying here on weekends up until December 2019 - Beginning January 5, 2019 through December 20, 2020, PATH’s World Trade Center Station will close every weekend, excluding major holidays, in order to replace equipment damaged during Superstorm Sandy. The station will close at 12:01 a.m. on Saturdays, reopening at 5 a.m. on Mondays.

During this time, PATH service to World Trade Center will terminate at Exchange Place Station (next to the Hyatt). Each Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., transfer will be available for NY Waterway ferry service between Harborside Ferry Landing in Jersey City and Brookfield Place Terminal in New York City. Service on the JSQ-33 via HOB line will follow a regular weekend schedule.

In short, do not plan on taking the PATH to/from the Hyatt to the World Trade Center on weekends.

See the following for more information:
http://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisor...ries_path.html
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 26, 14, 11:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott/spg, M life, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Droch View Post

The city is trying to force the PATH system to get a ferry running on the weekend...
I read on http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/pre...adLine_id=1946 that NY Waterways is going to start weekend ferry service from Paulus Hook to World Financial Center starting this weekend through May 4 on a trial basis. Best thing is they will be charging the PATH fare rate to ride the ferry.

The Paulus Hook ferry terminal is the next pier from the Hyatt; maybe a 2-3 min walk. It's a little bit of a walk from the World Financial Center terminal to the nearest subway, but still a good alternative to the 33rd Street PATH via Hoboken.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 26, 14 at 4:48 pm
Old Apr 15, 14, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
July 4th Fireworks moved to East River

For anyone planning to stay here over the July 4th holiday there will be no fireworks over the Hudson this year, they will be retuning to the East River.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...ver-this-year/
Old Apr 21, 14, 8:29 am

Any ideas on what is out there to do / see in Jersey City? We arrive around 5 pm with a 3 year old on a Friday. Suggestions, much appreciated
Old Apr 21, 14, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Global Services 2.5+ MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nikad View Post
Any ideas on what is out there to do / see in Jersey City? We arrive around 5 pm with a 3 year old on a Friday. Suggestions, much appreciated
JC itself has some nice restaurants, but if you want to venture out a bit, I would recommend Hoboken (close, so probably better with the kiddo in tow), and NYC (easy by mass transit)...
Old Jun 21, 14, 1:13 pm

We just got back from our trip. I recommend Hyatt Hudson. Room was very comfortable, we booked with Chase points and got a room on the 8th floor. When asked about internet, they just gave us access free of charge. Everybody was very professional and nice. The views are awesome and during the weekend you are just a 2 min walk to the ferry that takes you to Manhattan in like 5 mins Had a great time, and definitely recommend it! We did not have any meals at the hotel, just ordered online from a site that lists most nearby restaurants and got food delivered.
Old Jun 21, 14, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, WN Companion,Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Very nice stay here. Front desk was very friendly. They gave me a personal list of bars/restaurants. I also was offered points and a amenity for my first stay. Great place to stay if you need to be in the area.
Old Aug 7, 14, 4:36 am

Programs: UA/Hyatt/Marriott/Movenpick/Hilton
Got here yesterday after a HNL/EWR flight. No issues at all and very happy with things thus far.

Checked in early: Room not ready. They found me a room on a higher floor with a great view of the Hudson and Lady Liberty..... and free internet.

Breakfast: I was seated by myself with an amazing view of WTC as the sun came up. Buffet was great. Food was hot, when stuff ran low it was restocked, and waitress kept my OJ glass full without asking. Bagels, Cereal, bacon, eggs, round potatoes, etc.... It was all good.

As stated, PATH was going to be down over the weekend. I took one of the ferries across and explored NYC both days. A bit more pricey but I loved taking it. One of those things I would do again.

Bar: Bar was well stocked and bartenders had the Jets game on along with Little League Baseball. Bartenders were very quick to ask if you needed another one as soon as my bottle got down to near empty.

Room Service: They were busy the night I placed my order and it took a while. That said, the food came up hot/fresh. The Room Service Attendant apologized for the delay and stayed that her manager was going to cut me 1/2 for the wait (well over and hour) and hooked me up with a free desert. Cheese cake was yummy....

All and all a great hotel, great service, and rooms with amazing views of NYC.

This is my new go to hotel when I am in NYC.

I do apologize for not getting out and about in the 'hood but I was with friends and they all wanted to go into the City.

One final note...... transportation back to EWR was a very nice SUV that the hotel got for me and it was standard pricing with the NYC/NJ taxi authority. I've got the guys name/card and will use him again.

Last edited by Bearcat06; Aug 11, 14 at 10:33 am Reason: Updated info
Old Aug 8, 14, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
When you do post again, hopefully you can update the transit options. Is the PATH station in front of the hotel still closed on weekends? Were you able to work with the backup options from other stations or by ferry? I probably won't be back here until Christmas time again myself.
Old Aug 8, 14, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
When you do post again, hopefully you can update the transit options. Is the PATH station in front of the hotel still closed on weekends? Were you able to work with the backup options from other stations or by ferry? I probably won't be back here until Christmas time again myself.
Staying here now yes the path is closed on the weekends. Sorry only here for the week so didn't get the other options. Path will be closed on the weekends throughout 2014.
Old Aug 8, 14, 5:05 am

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott/spg, M life, and Hertz
Is the PATH station in front of the hotel still closed on weekends?
As posted above, yes for "all weekends in 2014" - http://www.panynj.gov/path/path-forward.html

I suspect there is a chance they will finish the work early and resume 24/7 service before January 2015, but then again, they have been doing repair work on the escalators in the station since Sandy.

The ferry from the nearby Paulus Hook Terminal remains the best alternative for travel to/from lower Manhattan during the weekend.
Old Sep 26, 14, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott,SPG
We usually stay at the Grand Hyatt in NYC but this time we had a car so we decided it was best to stay outside the city. Being a Diamiond member, I found the Hyatt Jersey City which provided easy access into New York City. The PATH subway station is right outside the front door and it's a 4 minute ride to the World Trade Center. This hotel is beautiful and the staff are consistently extremely friendly and helpful, always with a smile.

I reserved a suite and it was gorgeous. Huge living room (15' x 30') with a balcony with 2 chairs and an absolutely spectacular view of Manhattan- from the George Washington Bridge to the north all the way to the Verazano Narrows bridge to the south and including Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. The suite had a very good sized bedroom separated from the living room by a wide sliding door. We left it open at night and had a direct view of the lights of Manhattan from our bed as well as the sunrise.

We will be returning to New York City again next May and will definitely be staying at this great hotel again.
Old Sep 26, 14, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI View Post
absolutely spectacular view of Manhattan- from the George Washington Bridge to the north all the way to the Verazano Narrows bridge to the south and including Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
I am not much for views, but this particular one was gorgeous. One of the few places I would say that paying extra for the view is worth it.
Old Dec 22, 14, 12:11 pm
Community Director

What is the best way to get to the hotel from Newark at 1am? And how much should I expect to pay?
Old Dec 22, 14, 6:04 pm

Is the PATH station in front of the hotel still closed on weekends? Were you able to work with the backup options from other stations or by ferry? I probably won't be back here until Christmas time again myself.
The PATH is now running between Exchange Place and World Trade Center on weekends as the work on the tracks have been completed. The escalators are another story...

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
What is the best way to get to the hotel from Newark at 1am? And how much should I expect to pay?
The official page suggests $46+ charges for a taxi; I'd suggest a black car service for a nicer ride for not much more.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-t...n-service.html

Hope you get Suite 804!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 22, 14 at 6:42 pm
Old Dec 22, 14, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Uber is a great option. The licensed Black service should cost around $70; and the rideshare UberX service will probably cost around $25.

Search this Thread