Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Dr. D
I stayed in Jersey City this last week and had no trouble finding several spots available around 8pm on a weeknight, about 3-4 blocks from the Hyatt. In particular, there were many more spots on Montgomery than Columbus.

On my walk to the hotel I saw a Jersey City Parking Enforcement van, so I asked the officer about parking on the street. He said the metered spots were fine (free 7PM-9AM) but many non-metered spots were for permit parking only. He also noted the street cleaning rules which are noted by signs on each block (I think Montgomery was no parking 8-10am on Mon and Thurs).

In summary: park at a metered spot and move by 8am and you're fine.

Hyatt valet parking uses the outdoor lot on Columbus between Greene and Hudson. This is just a paved outdoor lot that is fenced in- no protection from the elements. There is an indoor pay garage next door (Columbus between Greene and Washington) but I did not note the rate.
thanks for pointing this stuff out. I wonder how much the outdoor lot costs as a walk up as opposed to Hyatt rates

I also wonder what the indoor rates are compared to the outdoor lot. Although I don't really have a problem with the outdoor lot.

I'm not one who likes to have to get up early to move my car (but I will do it if its my only choice or logical choice vs paying large sums of dough)

all in all, thank you for the post though, it is helpful

As for the hotel stay...

As a diamond, I was given a room on the very end of the hotel, facing out to the end of the pier and lower Manhattan. AMAZING view with wall-to-wall floor to ceiling windows. I did not request a suite upgrade, this was just a standard reservation. The room was well furnished, dark woods with a modern look and a long desk/dresser that had a small fridge. Large TV with no HD signal. Complimentary wired internet for diamonds with wifi an extra $10 a night. I was given a voucher for full breakfast at the restaurant that included tax and gratuity.

Overall a great stay and I would gladly return if I had business in lower Manhattan. The PATH station is literally next door and for $2 provides a 4 minute ride to the WTC station. I wouldn't use this as a base for NYC sightseeing for a family, however. You would need to pay at least $20 to park during the daytime hours and it would be $8.50 per person for a round trip ticket on PATH and the subway.
I am likely to use this as a base for myself and two kids. Reason being is, parking my SUV (larger sized one) will cost a fortune in NYC, tunnel tolls of $12 inbound (at least twice) will more than cover my Path fare and subway for one day. I need my SUV for the tailgate so starting in NJ would be easier on game day since the game is at the meadowlands.

I agree on the wifi comment by the poster above. Pretty lame but I have my own verizon wifi so I avoid that crap when a hotel tries to pull a stunt like this anyway. Good to know in advance. Good to know about b/f as well. I like that they include the tip as well.

thanks for the info
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just to clarify-

I don't think you can park at the Hyatt's outdoor lot unless you valet- it is an unmarked, unattended outdoor lot without any signs. The indoor lot a block 1 block down (the SE corner of Columbus and Greene, the same building as Pizzeria Uno on google maps, and you enter the lot from Columbus) does have a sign up for public parking. I think this is the closest public parking lot to the hotel.

If I needed to keep a car there all day, I'd just valet at the hotel. You probably won't save much by parking on the street overnight and then paying to keep the car somewhere else during the day.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Here now, cold and wind = valet
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:11 am

Just to clarify-

I don't think you can park at the Hyatt's outdoor lot unless you valet- it is an unmarked, unattended outdoor lot without any signs. The indoor lot a block 1 block down (the SE corner of Columbus and Greene, the same building as Pizzeria Uno on google maps, and you enter the lot from Columbus) does have a sign up for public parking. I think this is the closest public parking lot to the hotel.

If I needed to keep a car there all day, I'd just valet at the hotel. You probably won't save much by parking on the street overnight and then paying to keep the car somewhere else during the day.
thanks for the clarification

would your second paragraph change if that were the weekend?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
thanks for the clarification

would your second paragraph change if that were the weekend?
I don't think so. I didn't check to see if the meters were in effect on the weekends, but I would assume they were. If that was the case you'd need to move the car on Sat morning and put it somewhere until 7PM. And that Saturday daytime garage fee likely would be equal or close to the $32 you'd pay for valet service at the Hyatt.

At other hotels I have been successful at getting a full 24 hours for my hotel parking rate. I have done this in Boston, where I would arrive after dinner one night, and then check out the next morning and leave the car at the hotel all day and come back and pick it up that afternoon. Sometimes it just takes a nice tip to the valet to make it happen
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
You can park in Newark/Harrison, and take the PATH train to the Hyatt.

There seems to be a parking lot behind the Blue Cross garage that is cheaper.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:13 pm

I don't think so. I didn't check to see if the meters were in effect on the weekends, but I would assume they were. If that was the case you'd need to move the car on Sat morning and put it somewhere until 7PM. And that Saturday daytime garage fee likely would be equal or close to the $32 you'd pay for valet service at the Hyatt.

At other hotels I have been successful at getting a full 24 hours for my hotel parking rate. I have done this in Boston, where I would arrive after dinner one night, and then check out the next morning and leave the car at the hotel all day and come back and pick it up that afternoon. Sometimes it just takes a nice tip to the valet to make it happen
I'd be gone (with the car) most of the day on Saturday anyway (game day) so I could probably wing it Sat.

The $32 a day with the valet just became $42 with the tip.

thanks for the info though, I'm just info gathering before I decide where to stay for this trip.

Originally Posted by JT_BOS
You can park in Newark/Harrison, and take the PATH train to the Hyatt.

There seems to be a parking lot behind the Blue Cross garage that is cheaper.

How far of a ride would this be? Do they allow long term (in this case meaning overnight) parking at the Path stations?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:00 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ended up parking at 135 Greene St for $16 with coupon. The walk wasn't that bad, even in the bitter cold. Garage was empty.

Used a confirmed suite upgrade and got put in 804, the "Empire Suite"... huge suite with great views. Highly recommended. Overall, a great stay.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ended up parking at 135 Greene St for $16 with coupon. The walk wasn't that bad, even in the bitter cold. Garage was empty.

Used a confirmed suite upgrade and got put in 804, the "Empire Suite"... huge suite with great views. Highly recommended. Overall, a great stay.
When were you there? I was in 704 over the weekend
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:39 am

Saturday night. Like every time I get a great upgrade, I was in and out in a matter of hours...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2

Saturday night. Like every time I get a great upgrade, I was in and out in a matter of hours...
I was in Friday-Sunday. 2 rooms at Travelzoo rate, and 1 suite upgrade. Quite an enjoyable property
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:20 pm

We just completed a weekend stay here and it was pleasant.

*Parking *
As noted above, valet is $32. However, as also noted above (post 197 has exact directions to the entry) there is an indoor parking garage one block away. As of the time of this post (Feb. 2012) there is also a coupon for $16 parking on-line (see post 203 for Central Parking).

*PATH/Public Transit *
The train entry is steps from the front door of the hotel.

* Suite *
We used a diamond upgrade to confirm a suite and we were pleased. The X04 series suite was as pictured in an earlier post (#150) with the exception that we hadn't a bath tub but rather only a shower.

* Breakfast *
The breakfast spread was typical. There was a station where the chefs were putting care into making "Dutch-style filled pancakes"; it certainly set the buffet apart from a standard waffle-iron station in most properties. The view from the restaurant was of the lower Manhattan skyline.

We also took a peek at the Ballroom on the top (9th) floor and can confirm that this property was designed to capitalize on the fabulous view. The suites and the other three rooms at the end of the hallway that face out from the end of the building (see floorplan at post 150 with suite, two rooms with oval windows and mirror image room to suite), the ballroom and the restaurant all provide memorable images of the City. The swimming pool and fitness center provide views of the harbor (similar to the Hyatt at Logan Airport) and the Statute of Liberty.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/milesf...as-we-know-it/

A combination of the TV shows ‘The Sopranos’ and ‘Jersey Shore’ have created an impression of New Jersey which does not sit easily with my experience at the Hyatt on the Hudson this week. Gracious, helpful staff who were eager to please contrast with the criminal and brash characters depicted in the TV shows mentioned.

The hotel is located, (as the name suggest) on the Hudson River, within sight of Manhattan. The hotel property is located next to the Path train station (Exchange Place Station is 200 yards), providing easy access to Newark and the Airport as well as to the World Trade Centre and connections to the Manhattan at 33rd Street.

This is my second stay at the property and I like it as it is easy to like – it is easy for transport connections, cheaper than most Hyatt properties in Manhattan and close for Water Taxis too.

The property has no Regency Club, but gives a hot buffet breakfast and free internet to their Diamond members. They also seem to upgrade Diamonds to nice corner rooms – I have had the same type of room twice. It is located on a corner with a view of the Empire State Building.

The room was large – with a corner sofa by the windows. A large, HD TV with HD channels working properly.

Bathroom

A fairly predictable Hyatt bathroom with a bath tub/shower, basin and toilet. No bathrobe was provided.

Breakfast

Located on the 3rd floor, the same as Reception, and slightly behind the bar the restaurant can prove busy. By the sounds of the accents overheard a lot of Europeans had discovered this Hyatt as the affordable hotel for Manhattan sightseeing.

The breakfast buffet featured hot and cold items, and the Diamond Gold Passport voucher covered everything in the buffet or anything from the a la carte menu. Pretty good value.

Excellent views of Manhattan make it a great place to have breakfast. Fast, friendly servers add to the pleasure.

The restaurant is behind the bar

Access to PATH station

Coming out of the hotel if you keep left you are right next to the PATH station. The PATH gates gate the MTA Metrocard which makes it easy to get around. There are connections to the Subway at 33rd Street without having to swipe again, but not at World Trade Centre. To get to Newark airport, you must change at Newark Penn Station.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DCA-IAD FF
*Parking *
As noted above, valet is $32. However, as also noted above (post 197 has exact directions to the entry) there is an indoor parking garage one block away. As of the time of this post (Feb. 2012) there is also a coupon for $16 parking on-line (see post 203 for Central Parking).
Anyone with a recent stay able to confirm that this is still in effect?

Looks like the coupon is still available, though expiration is listed as 6/30/2012. Hopefully a new coupon is issued soon!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Arriving jetlagged at peak time, can anyone confirm there is a check in kiosk, a working one preferrably?

Im led to believe so as they have web-check in, and I assume they then are supposed to have the kiosks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.