Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Stayed here early December. Late check-in (after 11PM) after a transcom into EWR. No upgrade as a diamond, not even a cityview room. Did not push it due to the hour, but just another data point.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:54 am
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed for 3 nights a few days ago, in a suite upgrade, Yvonne Yip vip coordinator was fantastic. Called to check in, sent up a food tray, very nice!

Hotel is great, really accessible and I loved the room sizes compared to normal nyc rooms.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by limelight
so this joint is now $99 a night through a lot of jan and feb, on a limited-time offer. bookable for the rest of this month, i believe. + a very good use of diamond suite upgrades, now that the suites have been renovated. $99 room + just-confirmed upgrade into a likely-stunning suite, for late jan, leaves me a happy person indeed.

hi,
any special code for this rate?
can find anything!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:52 am

Still coming up automatically for me - eg. 27-28 Jan... These are the rate rules:

Reduced Rate:Tax Excluded: - Booking Window: December 21, 2010-January 3, 2011 - Valid Stay Dates: January 1, 2011-February 28, 2011 - Blackout Dates: February 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 23-28.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Still coming up automatically for me - eg. 27-28 Jan... These are the rate rules:

Reduced Rate:Tax Excluded: - Booking Window: December 21, 2010-January 3, 2011 - Valid Stay Dates: January 1, 2011-February 28, 2011 - Blackout Dates: February 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 23-28.
I booked this rate for a late Feb. stay and the cancellation policy was clearly listed as "24 hr cancellation" in both the hyatt.com page before I clicked thru as well as my confirmation email that I got from Hyatt as soon as I booked.
My credit card now shows a charge for the stay as "pre-paid/non-refundable".
Should I be calling the hotel to have this fixed or the Diamond line??
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by musikdude
I booked this rate for a late Feb. stay and the cancellation policy was clearly listed as "24 hr cancellation" in both the hyatt.com page before I clicked thru as well as my confirmation email that I got from Hyatt as soon as I booked.
I would call the hotel first as they will have the authority to reverse the charges if they were actually billed to the credit card. If you don't get the response you need then I will call the diamond line.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Originally Posted by musikdude
Hyatt changed the 'limited time' from 24 hour cancel to non refundable.
i called diamond line and hyatt told me 'cancellation policy will follow the email'.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:07 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by pclee
Hyatt changed the 'limited time' from 24 hour cancel to non refundable.
i called diamond line and hyatt told me 'cancellation policy will follow the email'.
They can change it for bookings going forward but it's not right to do it with prior reservations that say 24hours.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Originally Posted by peteropny
They can change it for bookings going forward but it's not right to do it with prior reservations that say 24hours.
sorry, i didn't make myself clear.
diamond line told me the cancel policy associated with my reservation which is 24 hour.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold
so this joint is now $99 a night through a lot of jan and feb, on a limited-time offer. bookable for the rest of this month, i believe. + a very good use of diamond suite upgrades, now that the suites have been renovated. $99 room + just-confirmed upgrade into a likely-stunning suite, for late jan, leaves me a happy person indeed.
Thanks limelight!
Stayed and used confirmed upgrade. Very nice room.
but was not offered welcome points as a diamond, no stay credit, got 50+15 points for one night stay. I don't know where this 65 pts came from.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by jhyun
Thanks limelight!
Stayed and used confirmed upgrade. Very nice room.
but was not offered welcome points as a diamond, no stay credit, got 50+15 points for one night stay. I don't know where this 65 pts came from.
that's got to be the hotel's mistake... surely? as long as you booked it on hyatt.com, it should be an eligible rate, & you should get the 1k points, plus full stay credit & points for the rate you paid. i'd give the diamond line a call - they've been good at correcting these things in the past, for me...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
We stayed at this property last night, redeeming a free night we earned under a 2010 promotion that was about to expire. We had the exact same suite as buldoggolfer05 (same floor too). I believe this suite (504) is called the Ellis suite. As mentioned in previous posts Ms. Yip reached out to us as well.

As we haven't been there since our wedding in 2003, it was really nice to be back.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:03 am

Hudson River Suite Upgrade anyone?

Hi,

did anyone ever get a Hudson River Suite as a confirmed diamond suite upgrade?

I used a suite certificate and got the confirmation, but the neither the hyatt website nor any other website shows pictures of these suites.

Any picture or additional info would be great!
Old May 11, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I stayed here last weekend and am back again on Sunday. I've got mixed feelings on the property. Overall, the room was nice looking and in good condition, but just a standard room for a diamond.

I went to the Vu bar/restaurant in the lobby and was completely disappointed. It's got great views, but there isn't enough seating and the service was poor. The breakfast staff in the restaurant were far better, but the bar has so much potential which is wasted due to staff not caring. The prices were even tolerable.

The transportation to the city was a dream. The PATH train was excellent and kept a schedule. Also, transportation from EWR on the train was easy, though I thought the 5 minute Amtrak ride from the airport to Newark city on the way was a rip off for $8.25.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Have a room booked here for July 4th - anyone know if it would be a good place to watch the fireworks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.