Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:23 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
My only complaint was that the only plug near the bed was actually behind the bed towards the middle so it was not easy to access. I suggested to a manager at checkout that they perhaps think about installing an extension plug by the bed so that one has a place to plug in a laptop/cell phone charger, etc. She stated that while they would bring one up if you called down, they could not leave it in the room.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
What a fantastic property. I had a similar, although not identical suite to buldoggolfer05. The room and views were simply spectacular (not pictured below is the 8-person dining room table behind the couch in the living room):

Suite Living Room

Suite Kitchenette

Suite Bedroom

Balcony View

Balcony View at Sunset
Old Nov 13, 2010, 4:32 am

buldoggolfer05 and Anglo Large Clawed Otter thanks for posting the pictures for the suites. They are def better than what is available on the website and gives a good idea of the actual room :-)

Couple of questions for you guys:

Are there any suites which have 2 double beds? I will have 3 adults with me (4 total) and would like to get the spaciousness of the suite with 2 beds if possible. I notice that you guys were in a King Bed suite, was there a murphy bed or a couch which could be converted into a pull out bed if there aren't any 2 beds available.

Also, can you confirm the breakfast options, is there a concierge lounge or Diamond members are given buffet option in one of the restaurants.

Also, was there a room for the particular suite you were given. I saw Riverside suite being mentioned here on flyertalk.

Regards

Billy910
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:34 am

I believe that all of the suites at this property contain a King bed, but I am not 100% positive on that. The suite that Anglo Large Clawed Otter had used to have a murphy bed, but by his description of an eight person table behind the couch, it seems that this has been removed in the renovation. Honestly I am not sure if the couch folds out or not. However, I'm sure the property would be happy to provide two rollaways (one in the suite portion and one in the bedroom).

This property does not have a lounge, but does offer full breakfast buffet to Diamonds in Vue Restaurant which has absolutely amazing views of Lower Manhattan (I can see my condo from here ). As of last year, the buffet was one of the best I had found at any domestic Hyatt, but, while still substantial and of decent quality, it had definitely been scaled back as of my stays earlier this year.

As noted in my picture, the Suites are at the very end of the hallway and have direct riverfront views. Angle Large Clawed Otter's suite would be the corner room and the connecting rounded room next to it on the opposite side of the hallway from mine. The rounded room adjacent to my room was a connecting riverview room (maybe a Junior Suite of some sort?), but be forewarned that the soundproofing of the connector door is virtually non-existant.

Edit: Last year, I do recall being upgraded to a different type of Suite once (still a king bed). It was along the long corridor of the hotel and was a standard room connected to a parlor that was probably the size of two standard rooms, so I take back what I said earlier about all suites being Riverfront. I'm not sure if these suites still exist though.

Last edited by NDDomer86; Nov 14, 2010 at 10:37 am
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
I believe that all of the suites at this property contain a King bed, but I am not 100% positive on that. The suite that Anglo Large Clawed Otter had used to have a murphy bed, but by his description of an eight person table behind the couch, it seems that this has been removed in the renovation. Honestly I am not sure if the couch folds out or not. However, I'm sure the property would be happy to provide two rollaways (one in the suite portion and one in the bedroom).

This property does not have a lounge, but does offer full breakfast buffet to Diamonds in Vue Restaurant which has absolutely amazing views of Lower Manhattan (I can see my condo from here ). As of last year, the buffet was one of the best I had found at any domestic Hyatt, but, while still substantial and of decent quality, it had definitely been scaled back as of my stays earlier this year.

As noted in my picture, the Suites are at the very end of the hallway and have direct riverfront views. Angle Large Clawed Otter's suite would be the corner room and the connecting rounded room next to it on the opposite side of the hallway from mine. The rounded room adjacent to my room was a connecting riverview room (maybe a Junior Suite of some sort?), but be forewarned that the soundproofing of the connector door is virtually non-existant.

Edit: Last year, I do recall being upgraded to a different type of Suite once (still a king bed). It was along the long corridor of the hotel and was a standard room connected to a parlor that was probably the size of two standard rooms, so I take back what I said earlier about all suites being Riverfront. I'm not sure if these suites still exist though.
Thanks for the followup^. It's good to hear that the breakfast is available in the restaurant and they can provide rollaways. I will follow upwith them as my stay date comes closer.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
I stayed here November 14-18. Some highlights:
  • Did NOT get a suite upgrade as a Diamond member. Perhaps this has to do with the length of my stay and right in the work week rather than a shorter weekend stay. Did get a room with a pretty good Manhattan skyline view.
  • Was treated like a VIP, despite not getting the suite upgrade. I was mildly surprised by that -- I figured this hotel's location would mean its guests would have a higher percentage of Diamonds than your average Hyatt, so I'd be just another guest. But I was contacted by email by a concierge from her personal Hyatt email account (not just the automated email system), she offered to help me in any way she can, and even came out from the back to meet me at the check-in desk, telling me to definitely choose the Diamond 1W points bonus but she'd arrange for the food & beverage amenity to be sent. She continued to touch base with me by email during my stay. Later on my first day, I walked into the restaurant in the mid-afternoon when they were not serving to check out the great view, and a manager with whom I made small talk made a nice generous offer in regards to dinner, as a welcome gesture to a Diamond member.
  • Loved the hotel's proximity to the Exchange Place PATH station. The station isn't technically attached to the Hyatt, but even if it was raining cats and dogs, you could walk out of the hotel's doors, keep walking under the building overhang, and make a dash of about 20 yards to enter the station. As noted upthread, it's possible to take inexpensive public transportation (#62 bus [or AirTrain and then the more expensive 1-stop Amtrak ride] to Newark Penn Station and then PATH) from the Newark Airport to the Hyatt pretty reasonably. Several nights, I popped into Manhattan just to grab takeout for dinner or to meet a friend for dinner, and it was very easy. The shopping mall that's a 20 minute walk north is just 1 stop on PATH, and given frequencies of PATH during most of the week, slightly faster on PATH than walking.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:00 am

Outstanding service

The staff at the Jersey City Hyatt consistantly exceed providing outstanding customer service and making you feel like a VIP. I go out of my way to stay at this property because of the staff. Other hotels should take notice.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:42 am

What is the confirmed Diamond Suite upgrade at this hotel?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bmw303
What is the confirmed Diamond Suite upgrade at this hotel?
The large suite pictured in my previous post/photo-review was obtained with a confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
The large suite pictured in my previous post/photo-review was obtained with a confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade.
wow!
Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I have been confirmed in a Hudson River Suite, so I am hoping that the suite is the one that you have posted. I can surely use the space with 4 adults

I will try to post pictures of the suite after my stay in Feb.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 8:44 pm

The Suite I received was without a Diamond Suite Upgrade Certificate, so I would say your chances are pretty high of getting the larger suite.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt CC, Delta DM, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
I recently stayed in the suite posted in the pictures. They said that it was an Empire Suite.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 2:34 pm

so this joint is now $99 a night through a lot of jan and feb, on a limited-time offer. bookable for the rest of this month, i believe. + a very good use of diamond suite upgrades, now that the suites have been renovated. $99 room + just-confirmed upgrade into a likely-stunning suite, for late jan, leaves me a happy person indeed.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by limelight
so this joint is now $99 a night through a lot of jan and feb, on a limited-time offer. bookable for the rest of this month, i believe. + a very good use of diamond suite upgrades, now that the suites have been renovated. $99 room + just-confirmed upgrade into a likely-stunning suite, for late jan, leaves me a happy person indeed.
Thanks a lot for the heads up, i was schedule to stay at this property beginning of Feb and can now save almost $200.00 over my stay duration.^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.