Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Airport transportation

Has anyone used the hotel sedan service from the airport? I'd be curious about your experience and what the approx cost of the trip was? We will be arriving late and I'm not sure about using Uber at midnight.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I would take an airport taxi. You buy a ticket, you get in a cab, they take you to your hotel. They take credit cards and I’ve never had a problem. Uber is more complicated for arrivals. I’ve never had a bad experience with the airport taxis, and they’re very easy to use.

Is is there some reason you don’t want to use the airport taxis?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I would take an airport taxi. You buy a ticket, you get in a cab, they take you to your hotel. They take credit cards and Ive never had a problem. Uber is more complicated for arrivals. Ive never had a bad experience with the airport taxis, and theyre very easy to use.

Is is there some reason you dont want to use the airport taxis?
I guess I just haven't used a cab in a long time...haha. Also, I've never been to MEX and wasn't sure about safety on late night arrivals. The cab process sounds reliable though, I appreciate that information!
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I agree an airport taxi is fine. It costs around $12. Hotel car service will likely be a more pleasant ride . . . no harm in pricing it out. Personally I'd consider it if the price were less than $50. It's a pretty long drive to Polanco and no one will ever confuse a taxi with a luxury vehicle.

I also use Uber black in Mexico City. It's insanely cheap.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I would take a taxi over a hotel car. The reason is simple: the last time I got a hotel car to pick me up at MEX, we had to traipse into the parking garage. It was a waste of time, especially since the taxis are waiting for you to get in and go.

Especially if if you’re arriving late at night, the ride to Polanco should be under 30 minutes, so long as traffic is merciful (and it often isn’t).

Have a great trip!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:01 am

In case anyone is curious, it is currently 85 USD + tax for the hotel sedan. I appreciate all of the info on the airport cabs/Uber black - we will be going that route.

Thanks!!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:07 am

I was just there last week. Uber is all you need. Just go to door 8 and Uber pulls right up. No idea why you would take an airport taxi. Cost is like 5 USD.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I was just there last week. Uber is all you need. Just go to door 8 and Uber pulls right up. No idea why you would take an airport taxi. Cost is like 5 USD.
Yeah I had no problem with Uber pickups.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Would you rather be in Polanco or Colonia Juarez? Areas are pretty different. I don't much care for Polanco, but others do.

I'd say HR is overall a cut above LM, which is a redone Embassy Suites and operated on a bit of a shoestring. If looking at SPG properties, I'd be much more interested in St. Regis (walkable to Condesa and Roma) or the W (very close to the HR). The one really positive thing I'll say about the LM is the sound insulation is fantastic.

The JW sucks. IMO.
I have not been to Mexico City in 10 years if not more, in fact when I last visited the Hyatt was still a Nikko (sp?). At the time, I stayed at the J.W. Marriott and enjoyed my stay, the lounge was better than what I was accustomed to in the USA and the rooms were fine, has the J.W. Marriott fallen so much since then?

The Hyatt is about $50 less a night for a Club Room than the Marriott is for a regular room and even though my wife is a Marriott Titanium, being a legacy Marriott property that really means nothing in terms of upgrades, so really all else is equal as we have zero Hyatt status.

We are leaning Hyatt due to the cost savings alone, but we were underwhelmed by our last Hyatt stay (Jacksonville, FL.) which is the only thing giving us any pause in booking with the Hyatt.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:13 pm

I just finished a 4 night stay here and generally liked it. They are renovating the 40th floor (including the RC) and temporarily relocated the RC to the first floor near the back entrance in some event space. They did their best with it but it felt like a convention hospitality suite (no natural light and PA speakers betrayed it). Service was still good. Also as a result of the renovations, there are only 4 Regency Suites available. They were all booked during my stay.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How do they treat elites? Trying to decide between this and Las Alcobas, which costs twice as much.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by kmersh
I have not been to Mexico City in 10 years if not more, in fact when I last visited the Hyatt was still a Nikko (sp?). At the time, I stayed at the J.W. Marriott and enjoyed my stay, the lounge was better than what I was accustomed to in the USA and the rooms were fine, has the J.W. Marriott fallen so much since then?

The Hyatt is about $50 less a night for a Club Room than the Marriott is for a regular room and even though my wife is a Marriott Titanium, being a legacy Marriott property that really means nothing in terms of upgrades, so really all else is equal as we have zero Hyatt status.

We are leaning Hyatt due to the cost savings alone, but we were underwhelmed by our last Hyatt stay (Jacksonville, FL.) which is the only thing giving us any pause in booking with the Hyatt.
I thought the JW in Mexico City was quite nice. The HR Mexico City is fine - certainly a cut above the HR in Jacksonville, but I would say the JW is a tad nicer.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences here?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Deciding here on a Prive stay (no status) vs the W as a Platinum. Comparable price.

Any Prive experiences on upgrade to a regency suite or do they stick with the single category upgrade?

Looking to possibly arrive super early as well around 7am on a Friday.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
They have very few suites. Higher category rooms were pretty much just standard rooms on higher floors, as far as I remember.
Early checkin (around the same time) was no issue for me, but I also have status.
I’d think you should be fine.
frudd38 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.