Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by coffee18
How's the lounge breakfast? What does the afternoon/evenings at the lounge look like? Did you book the Regency Suite or were you updated to it?

Thanks for the report.
Non-American breakfast was good. American part of breakfast was average at best.

The usual storming of the cattle occurs right at 6:30pm for first dibs on the food. Lounge food in the evenings was enough for dinner, if you wanted to stay at hotel. Plenty of restaurants in the area.

As others have noted, all the drinks are served vs the free access to drinks normally at USA Hyatts. You can order as you please with no charge at least in my experience.

I used a TSU for 5 night stay, even though they communicated ahead of time that they may be able to upgrade. However, my wife was with me so used the TSU to guarantee it.

The concierges were top notch and very responsive even via email. Honestly best concierge of any Hyatt brand in my experience (even over Park Hyatt’s).

While it is not our preferred brand (Park Hyatt), it was one of our better experiences at a Hyatt Regency outside of Asia.
Old May 5, 2018, 9:37 am

Thanks everyone for your feedback! The Club Lounge sounds like it's worth the splurge for me.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Hello Everyone - Any news on the construction schedule, or if already underway, noise/complications with the new PH that's going in right next to the HR?
Old May 7, 2018, 2:14 pm

I was at the HR a week ago; no construction, we couldn't even make out where the PH would be.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by jxwo
I was at the HR a week ago; no construction, we couldn't even make out where the PH would be.
Thanks! Does anyone have info on when the construction would start? I'm looking into dates for around Oct/Nov this yr.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:31 am

Been here twice in the last couple of months. Solid stay and the lounge has one of the better food offerings amongst lounges in the city. The all-day open certainly helps.

I just Google'd the Park Hyatt Mexico City info...had no idea. Read that expects to open in 2021 so construction may not even start for quite a while.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:55 pm

Going to be my first time in Mexico City. How does this property compare to the JW or Las Alcobas?
Old May 11, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I stayed at the JW many times before Hyatt opened...I would say they are pretty much on par.
lounges have similar offerings, although last time I stayed at the JW was several years ago and I recall them only offering wine at happy hour? Had to pay for anything else, including beer. Not sure if it is still like that.

I'm at the Hyatt now, lounge offers full bar.

the pool/fitness centers are also very similar.

hope this helps
phant0m likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Been here twice in the last couple of months. Solid stay and the lounge has one of the better food offerings amongst lounges in the city. The all-day open certainly helps.

I just Google'd the Park Hyatt Mexico City info...had no idea. Read that expects to open in 2021 so construction may not even start for quite a while.
Thanks!
Old May 18, 2018, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Going to be my first time in Mexico City. How does this property compare to the JW or Las Alcobas?
All in the same neighborhood. JW and HR are massive hotels but seem high quality. LA is much more of a boutique hotel with maybe 65 rooms? The LA is definitely a great hotel with one of my top 5 hotel showers i've ever stayed at. However, If you're looking for amenities like lounge, pool, big lobby with coffee shop, etc. then the LA is not the solution.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: N/A
Le Meridien vs. Hyatt Regency

Hi there! As a globalist and platinum member, could anyone provide their advice on which of the two one would choose? I am receiving a rate at the LM for $96 and Hyatt for $139

Thanks
Old May 22, 2018, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JBG89
Le Meridien vs. Hyatt Regency
As a globalist and platinum member, could anyone provide their advice on which of the two one would choose? I am receiving a rate at the LM for $96 and Hyatt for $139
Would you rather be in Polanco or Colonia Juarez? Areas are pretty different. I don't much care for Polanco, but others do.

I'd say HR is overall a cut above LM, which is a redone Embassy Suites and operated on a bit of a shoestring. If looking at SPG properties, I'd be much more interested in St. Regis (walkable to Condesa and Roma) or the W (very close to the HR). The one really positive thing I'll say about the LM is the sound insulation is fantastic.

Originally Posted by phant0m
​​​​​​​The JW sucks. IMO.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by Kacee
Would you rather be in Polanco or Colonia Juarez? Areas are pretty different. I don't much care for Polanco, but others do.

I'd say HR is overall a cut above LM, which is a redone Embassy Suites and operated on a bit of a shoestring. If looking at SPG properties, I'd be much more interested in St. Regis (walkable to Condesa and Roma) or the W (very close to the HR). The one really positive thing I'll say about the LM is the sound insulation is fantastic.

​​​​​​​The JW sucks. IMO.
I have stayed at the HR and had an excellent stay here - great location! This hotel is part of the Hyatt Privé program - so if you stay for a minimum of 2 nights I can extend benefits including $100 property credit (once during your stay), full breakfast for 2 daily, room upgrade confirmed within 24 hours of booking and a welcome amenity. Send me a PM if you'd like to find out more.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:46 am

Staying here today for 11 nights, any tips? I used 2 tsus to confirm into a regency hoping to upgrade further to a diplomat suite. Has anyone had experience with this?

I read on the site description that the regency suite includes buffet breakfast is this still the case?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:34 am

I used a Suite Upgrade Award for a night and there was no mention of the restaurant breakfast buffet. The suite did include Club Lounge access, but I was Globalist anyway at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.