Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 29, 2024, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm not the poster you are responding to, but I can say I'm also not a fan of Condesa. I've been in Roma Norte going on 2 years now and I'm moving in two months. It's really getting bad with so many tourists and now I finally noticed how the locals can't stand foreigners now, and I don't want to be part of that. You know it's bad when I feel comfort by walking through the neighborhood of Doctores and Balderas. Practically no tourist over there, just normal people.
Yep. It has changed a TON in the last five years. I am continuing to move further out as well - WTC and San Angel in the south and have always enjoyed Bosques in the north.
Old May 29, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Yep. It has changed a TON in the last five years. I am continuing to move further out as well - WTC and San Angel in the south and have always enjoyed Bosques in the north.
I'm moving basically a block from the WTC where I used to live. I've lived in San Angel too and it's too secluded overall with a lot of hills to walk up. And I lived in Coyoacan several years, but again too far to get to other areas. The tourists in Roma Norte and Condesa have destroyed that area basically, in my opinion and have caused unnecessary price hikes in everything in addition to regular inflation. If you walk through the hood the prices are night and day for the same stuff....and many times a whole lot better. Still my favorite taco place is near the Balderas metro station. They always have a line.
Old May 29, 2024, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I'm moving basically a block from the WTC where I used to live. I've lived in San Angel too and it's too secluded overall with a lot of hills to walk up. And I lived in Coyoacan several years, but again too far to get to other areas. The tourists in Roma Norte and Condesa have destroyed that area basically, in my opinion and have caused unnecessary price hikes in everything in addition to regular inflation. If you walk through the hood the prices are night and day for the same stuff....and many times a whole lot better. Still my favorite taco place is near the Balderas metro station. They always have a line.
Cool, I'm going to have to hit you up when I am back. Agreed about Coyoacan, especially with friends in both the north and south. The pricing of everything in Roma Norte and Condesa is out of control. I still love the city but I feel that it has lost some of its character (go ahead and call me old).
Old May 29, 2024, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
It's just a cooler and doesn't get very cold. I carry a infared themometer on me and it got cold enough to only put in drinks etc. No food unless you don't have a problem eating spoiled food. But it was ok for storing food during the day.
I just want my tequila cold. Whats the point of this if it cant keep things cold?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thought Id post the info sheet they gave us at check in (late May 2024).

Also. The club did have some alcohol but it was odd. Like they had gin (beefeater) but no tonic. and didnt have margarita ingredients. Basically I think you get alcohol on ice. I was offered a Paloma and it ended up being tequila and the Mexican version of Fresca. 😐

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.