Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by m0hamed
They will also serve you tea, coffee (including iced coffee), soft drinks for free. You can also order room service to the beach and eat under the cabanas.
I did try to ask for iced coffee at the RC beach and was told not available but it could be a misunderstanding. Will try again today.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:09 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vudoosj
I did try to ask for iced coffee at the RC beach and was told not available but it could be a misunderstanding. Will try again today.
Personally, I wouldn’t go near the ice.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:55 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I’m on the flight over and just received this. Very annoyed given this happened last time. I wrote a response and copied in Hyatt Customer Care.

May move to the FS instead.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
I’m on the flight over and just received this. Very annoyed given this happened last time. I wrote a response and copied in Hyatt Customer Care.

May move to the FS instead.
What a disgrace. I am so sorry @m0hamed. I hope you can easily move the 4S. What is with the rates there? They are fantastically high! That property must do a terrific business.

Interestingly I checked with Hyatt rep last week because I wanted to stay at this property and they assured me all updates/repairs were completed. So unfortunate this is not the case.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:38 am

They responded to my complaint offering my the Diplomatic Suite with private pool, however it's on the ground floor (below one of our Club Suites) which means it has no view. I suspect Hyatt Consumer Affairs being involved escalated this to the GM and as he was cc'd.

I thanked them and said I would prefer the rooms we normally book. Let's see how 'minor' the repairs are.

Due to the late booking the rates at the FS are very high.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:33 am

Here now and very unimpressed. Despite saying that we could enjoy the quiet Regency Beah there is drilling and construction while they renovate the bathrooms here.

They have also removed wifi from the RC beach.

Just sent a strongly worded email to the GM and Hyatt. Within 10 mins the front office manager just can’t down and will reinstate the wifi and stop the construction on the beach.

I know it’s Egypt but it’s a negative impact on guest comfort. But it’s now fixed.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:59 am

Just published my review Fawlty Towers - A comedy of errors

Needless to say it wasn't a great stay.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Just published my review Fawlty Towers - A comedy of errors

Needless to say it wasn't a great stay.
So sorry to read about your experience, that is really to bad @m0hamed. I am glad at least they made efforts to have your favorite foods in the club. Such a pity I really wanted to try this property but not until they get everything fixed. Thanks so much for posting such comprehensive information and giving us the heads up.

Relatedly, do you use a VIP service similar to Ahlan in CAI when arriving in SHH? If so, what company/service do you find best that includes transport to your hotel?

Thanks again, BT
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Relatedly, do you use a VIP service similar to Ahlan in CAI when arriving in SHH? If so, what company/service do you find best that includes transport to your hotel?

Thanks again, BT
on an unrelated note, do you like Ahlan for VIP Service when in Cairo? Trying to figure out which service to use. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:37 pm

We don’t use any assist in SSH as we fly MS domestic.

Definitely use VIP at CAI. It’s worth every penny.
SeeTheLights likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 6:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I was just scrolling through the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh's website and came across this message at the top:

PLEASE NOTE: As of 1 January 2021, Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh will no longer be operated as a Hyatt branded or affiliated hotel. The hotel will be operated by a new company after this date. Following any resumption of hotel operations between now and 31 December, 2020 the hotel will be operated as a Hyatt Regency. At Hyatt, our guests and colleagues are a top priority, and we are working closely with the hotel’s owner, RAMW Group, to ensure a smooth transition.

Yeesh - assuming the new HR opens in Cairo on time later this year, we'll be down to just one Hyatt in all of Egypt.

khabah
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:06 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh has already been removed from Hyatt.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.