Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: hilton
Hyatt status match

Simple question

Do Hyatt off a status match to you Hilton H status if you join
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No status match program at the moment.

Hyatt made it very difficult to reach the top tier in 2017. If they then started giving it away, they would really really annoy those of use who still somehow manage to maintain our status the hard way. (quite likely losing us forever)

statusmatcher.com is a helpful resource for looking at status match options.
Markie, Points Payne and luvFclass like this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif

Hyatt made it very difficult to reach the top tier in 2017. If they then started giving it away, they would really really annoy those of use who still somehow manage to maintain our status the hard way. (quite likely losing us forever)

Also sad to hear there is not status match being offered but good website link on status matches. Currently a Marriott Plat. It is hard to justify starting at the bottom again...
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You mean, for example, if they gave it to credit card holders for only 20 nights?
synd and GUWonder like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean, for example, if they gave it to credit card holders for only 20 nights?
20 nights in a short period of time for Globalist-lite isn't giving it away...
MarkOK and luvFclass like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist

That did not stop Hyatt from offering several shortcuts to Globalist status in 2017, really really pissing a lot of us off, but did they care?

Hyatt may be the most difficult program to earn top status at this time, even counting award nights.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Anyone know the list of corporations whose employees are now offered temp globalist status? You just need an account and a company email. Any one do this? Got a spare company email address?
Old May 11, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Anyone know the list of corporations whose employees are now offered temp globalist status? You just need an account and a company email. Any one do this? Got a spare company email address?
I have one you can use. Just e-mail me your name and Hyatt number to [email protected] and I'll get you registered.
craigthemif and dtm1 like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invalyd
I have one you can use. Just e-mail me your name and Hyatt number to [email protected] and I'll get you registered.
I'd be happy to oblige the OP if he/she PMs me the account number, surname and internet password for the WoH account... My uncle is a Nigerian prince who owns 25% of Hyatt Corporation.
tobikosan and invalyd like this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:17 pm

Strangely my company email does not work but I have have a friend who works at a one that does. I am guessing using someone else's email will work for this status match? Don't see how they can verify that is it really me as long as my friend forwards me the confirmation email.

Hyatt's small footprint is the biggest down side but maybe things a green on the Hyatt side. Not happy with some of the Marriott changes. 55 nights for Globalist - 5 for having CC - 2 for each 5 spent on CC. So < 50 actual nights a year should be do able. Really respect some of the perks like waiver BS resort and park fees.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyguy6
Strangely my company email does not work but I have have a friend who works at a one that does. I am guessing using someone else's email will work for this status match? Don't see how they can verify that is it really me as long as my friend forwards me the confirmation email...
sure, you can do this...scroll 2 posts up where invalyd said he'd help:

Originally Posted by invalyd
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by ehallison
sure, you can do this...scroll 2 posts up where invalyd said he'd help:
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the great advise
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:30 am

Hyatt does have a trial elite offer, look at Hyatt Elite Tier Offer, unable to post URL see below details

Try Explorist status
Members and Discoverists can enjoy many of the benefits of Explorist status immediately for 90 days with our Elite Tier offer. Your trial membership offers access to rewards like 20% Bonus Points, upgraded rooms, complimentary premium Internet and more.

Already a World of Hyatt Explorist member?
Fast track to Globalist status through February 2020 with the Elite Tier offer and enjoy our most elite status faster.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:11 pm

isn't that the targeted offer that was mentioned above?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Is the elite ramp up offer still available? I am Marriott Platinum.... I might even consider a match to Explorist, but honestly having my Hyatt Discoverist status (earned from 2019 stays, 0 nights this year) be enough doesn't really excite me to move all my 2021 booking to Hyatt, compared to Marriott Platinum elite benefits.

I find it amazing that the company with the smallest footprint isn't interested in acquiring customers with a status challenge or match. Maybe they feel it won't acquire them long term due to the limited footprint I suppose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.