Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cambridge REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Cambridge REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Is there really no breakfast limits at this property? We are a party of 3, will the breakfast bill be wiped clean?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:10 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Does anyone have updated advice on parking for a Saturday night stay? Would rather spend the $40+ on something else than parking if I can help it. TIA.

LAX
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by LAX
Does anyone have updated advice on parking for a Saturday night stay? Would rather spend the $40+ on something else than parking if I can help it. TIA.

LAX
Saturday night? Just leave it on one of the metered parking spots all around and near the property. After 6 PM no need to feed the meter, and no fee required on Sunday.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:37 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Pickles
Saturday night? Just leave it on one of the metered parking spots all around and near the property. After 6 PM no need to feed the meter, and no fee required on Sunday.
Thanks. I guess I just need to be lucky enough to find one available when I arrive.

LAX
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by LAX
Thanks. I guess I just need to be lucky enough to find one available when I arrive.

LAX
On Saturday and Sunday it shouldn't be much of a problem on Vassar Street or the couple of streets that connect Vassar Street to Memorial Drive.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
To clarify this is the Hyatt REGENCY Cambridge correct?

Perhaps the title should be changed???
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by cfabar1
To clarify this is the Hyatt REGENCY Cambridge correct?

Perhaps the title should be changed???
Yes, that's correct.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Glad to see the title was changed! Thanks! I’ll be staying there soon this Summer, I’ll be sure to update everyone. Hope it will be a positive experience. Is there anything I should be forewarned about or be sure to avoid?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Is there really no breakfast limits at this property? We are a party of 3, will the breakfast bill be wiped clean?
I wasn't charged for any breakfasts at the property at my last stay in April. Sometimes there were 3 of us eating, 1 of which wasn't staying at hotel. I was told breakfast for 4 was comped for Globalists.
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 9/13 to 9/14:

Location: The hotel is located in the middle of the MIT campus across the Charles River from Boston. There is very little around the hotel itself: no dining, no subway stops though you can walk across either the BU Bridge or the Harvard Bridge and get onto the Boston side within .75 to a mile's worth of walking. You can fairly easily walk to Fenway Park from here (that's why I did it) but public transit to Logan isn't feasible. Without traffic though BOS is just 15 minutes away. The hotel does run a shuttle to the Kendall Square (Red Line) MBTA Station at least.

Hotel: The hotel is an older HR with a huge center atrium and scenic elevators. There's a pretty good restaurant on the second floor and when I said I was in a hurry they got dinner and drinks out to me very fast so thumbs up there. There's also a connected gym and indoor pool and a small gift shop in the lower lobby area.

Check In: Checked in by a very friendly agent who explained all the features of the hotel to me and was quite helpful.

Room: Nice enough though featuring a weird dead space corridor that led to the tiny bathroom. Beds were comfortable and there were outlets near it along with a large TV and a desk area. Wifi worked well and nicely there were no noise issues.

Dining: As mentioned above I had dinner at the restaurant and found the food (lobster sliders and fries) as well as their beer selection and service very good.

I stayed here because I needed to be at Fenway Park. It's 15,000 points as a reward which may seem a little steep but with how expensive Boston hotels can be it's still a good deal. It's a pretty poor location for touring Boston unless you want to be in Cambridge but it's still a good hotel.

Last edited by CMK10; Sep 22, 2019 at 11:53 am Reason: Fixed wrong rate
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CMK10
I stayed here because I needed to be at Fenway Park and because it's 8,000 points.
When did you book? It's 15K now.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by CMK10

Dining: As mentioned above I had dinner at the restaurant and found the food (lobster sliders and fries) as well as their beer selection and service very good.

I agree, I was there a few weeks ago for a few nights on business - we were lazy one night and just grabbed dinner and drinks there at the hotel. It was surprisingly good.

They also blocked me into a university suite. Beautiful view and ridiculous amount of room for one person.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had a high floor one bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the atrium as an upgrade.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:04 pm

Always have an enjoyable stay

Been coming to HR Cambridge for over 12+ yrs.
Always receive excellent service...
Throughout the hotel and Zephyr
its also a great use of cat 1-4 award when rates are high
'looking forward to returning next week
P
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
When did you book? It's 15K now.
You're absolutely right, I had it mixed up with another hotel I redeemed at, I'll correct my review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.