Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Irvine (returned to Hyatt 28 Aug 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Irvine (returned to Hyatt 28 Aug 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
The destination fee is especially egregious, since when is Irvine a destination?
Hyatt invented that BS fee at Grand Hyatt New York. It's not surprising they'd add it to another corporate owned property, especially with status as an incentive to get it waived.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:05 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nowstime
Completed a stay last week.
Positives: 1) Friendly staff, 2) Clean room, 3) Close self-parking, 4) Better suite option vs HR John Wayne airport
Negatives: 1) Construction ongoing during weekdays but not during Weekends, 2) Limited breakfast menu, 3) Breakfast policy was confusing

HR Irvine offered limited breakfast menu (3 choices) but they were tasty. Ham sandwich was a slightly bigger McDonald's breakfast muffin but was good. Burrito was surprisingly good so that will be my recommendation.
Globalists get 1 main item out of the 3 choices, 1 cold drink and 1 hot drink. Depending on the employee, you can get 2 cold drinks if coffee is not your thing in the morning but some employee insisted on must grabbing a coffee on a different day.
You can get a bakery item instead but only 1. So it's either a croissant, cereal or burrito but this is also dependent on the employee as some try to match the overall price and some insist on item count.
One day the employee told me Globalist breakfast only applies to the Globalist him/herself. Didn't try to argue with him and just told him to charge everything to room. As expected nothing showed up during checkout.

Didn't have any parking lot gate issues. It was smooth for me.

Was told completion is expected by 1H `24 so I think it will get better as Regency Club and other amenities open.

Overall good stay and would recommend staying here.
Did you get the lowest King Suite or 1 level higher King Corner Suite?
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:19 am

Would not recommend this hotel. Had multiple stays here as a Globalist. First stay was given corner king room. Second stay was given 2 queen bed room with connecting door. Lot of noise from neighbor. I knew corner king room was available but had check in late and was tired and didn't want to make a deal out of it. Third stay, during check in at 10 PM I proactively asked for upgrade to corner king room, explaining that I was not happy with the room given the previous week. Was told he will will check but likely no upgrades available. I knew this was nonsense as I had my app open showing corner king available. I then asked for upgrade to suite. Was told suites not available. Again I knew this was nonsense as the app shows I could book a suite. I told the receptionist this. He claimed suites are not available and his system is showing them as unavailable. I said he should know that the system via the app shows the suite as available. He said he's not going to argue with me. I asked him to at least put me in a room without a connecting door and kept silent the rest of the check in. He kept silent too and just handed me the key card. I go up to my room and what do you know, it's a suite. It was the hospitality suite. I was alone without my family so didn't care one way or the other but wanted to call out the nonsense games I know this hotel plays. And it comes from management. The previous week I had asked for a king room and was kept in a 2 queen bed room. Never again at this hotel. Last week I stayed for the first time at the Hyatt Regency SNA. Small but nicely appointed room and opportunity to order from the menu for breakfast. Will stay at Hyatt Regency SNA moving forward.
kaiotes, antonius66 and gadberry like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I would recommend this hotel, but maybe after their soft open has concluded. Had one stay as a Globalist. Used suite upgrade to upgrade to a 1 Bd King Ste. I asked for a hospitality suite as it was bookable via app earlier in the day but didn't push it as the hotel wasn't selling it later in the day. New fixtures, very clean, and nice furniture. New all-day market concept opened on Feb 1, moving from a sad conference room to a proper facility. Decent (and underpriced for the local area) breakfast with $10 breakfast sandwiches that were quite good. No actual sit-down restaurant open as of yet, which was a huge miss for me this trip. Staff were generally quite nice and valet was prompt.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Interesting. I stayed here back in early November and they told me the restaurant would be open by January but I guess not.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 4:09 pm

Any recent stay and can give a run down on globalist breakfast??
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by BeyondTalk
Any recent stay and can give a run down on globalist breakfast??
One free food item, one hot drink, one cold drink.
Example: breakfast burrito, coffee, juice
Old May 26, 2024, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pool area just opened this weekend with nice outdoor space and regency club is open on weekdays too (looks quite nice through glass doors). Everything looks nice and new - glad to see this property (which I used to priceline for ffn) renovated and back under hyatt flag.
Old May 27, 2024, 12:40 am

Nice, I will be going in a couple weeks for graduation, Ill post updated photos and review. Hopefully they are actually ready to open this time.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 2:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Any reports on the club or pool?
Old Jun 23, 2024, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Are there any street parking options? $40 for self parking is egregious, just like at the HR Newport Beach down the street.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 1:02 pm

Staying here currently so here are a few updates to address recent comments/questions.

No street parking as far as I can see, haven't really checked to be honest. It's off Jamboree and Main and in part of Irvine with a lot of office parks/complexes so there's no real street parking to speak of. I would be surprised if there was. Quick Google Street View would confirm this as well for person who asked.

Restaurant is set to open 7/11 based on current website details. Not open currently as of my stay.

Breakfast has moved to Club, and it really isn't good. They are definitely looking to penny pinch. 4 hot items. They have automatic coffee machines to make coffee drinks. Orange juice is offered in small to-go/plastic cups put inside a small fridge covered with a lid, supposedly fresh squeezed, but if you go during peak hours during breakfast, you will have to ask for it from the staff person, and from what I have seen so far, only 1 busser/staff person for the entire club during breakfast hours. Breakfast hours I believe are 6am-9am. They are looking to do the bare minimum

9am-5pm, club is unstaffed (from what I have seen). No snacks to takeaway. Fridges are not re-stocked constantly for soft drinks/juices etc. so don't count on being able to come in and horde a bunch of stuff. On the first day I checked-in, I checked out the lounge before the evening service and they still had a bunch of plates with food leftovers from breakfast still out in the open. Not a great impression of cleanliness or care. There's a small fridge for Coke/Diet Coke/Sprite and a small alcohol fridge that had some cans of beer and some wine. I don't drink so I didn't try to open the fridge.

5pm-9pm, they offer 4 hot items as well. Didn't take pictures the 1 evening I went so far, but it was some tandoori shrimp skewers, cauliflower rice, sweet potatoes, and something else regrettable/forgettable. Also has same/similar crudites/cold cuts etc. No special drinks offered as far as I could tell. Same alcohol/drink fridge as mentioned above.

gadberry, madmanshoney and kevinjm like this.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJ804
Any reports on the club or pool?
pool

Old Jun 30, 2024, 6:28 pm

I recently returned from a five-night stay last week, marking my second visit since the remodel. My first stay was in September during their opening weekend. I used a Suite Upgrade Award for a corner suite on the 11th floor, and as expected, the room was clean with everything being brand new.

The Good:
The hotel is pristine and mostly operational at this point.
Convenient location.Individual staff members were excellent.
The evening selection in the lounge was decent, featuring shrimp skewers one night and larb another.
The destination fee has been removed.
The Bad:

The hotel was severely understaffed.

The parking system is cumbersome, requiring an additional tag to track entries and exits. On two occasions, my entries weren't logged correctly, preventing me from exiting until I contacted the front desk. Unfortunately, my calls went to voicemail twice before someone finally answered and let me out. If they insist on such a complex parking system, adequate staffing is essential to handle malfunctions promptly.

Breakfast from the marketplace was disappointing, with food that seemed to have been sitting out for hours. They also didn't offer to toast or heat up items. As a Globalist, breakfast at the marketplace included one hot entree and two drinks. The portion size of the hot items was small; for instance, the pesto fried egg dish came with a small amount of potatoes and three sausage links. Another hot item, the ham and egg sandwich, was similar in size to a McDonald's McMuffin.
Breakfast at the lounge was decent if any food was left, but the hours were limited (7 AM - 9 AM, Tuesday to Friday). The lounge was also severely understaffed, with one person responsible for replacing food, clearing tables, and handling check-ins. There will not be nearly enough seating for when the hotel is fully open. During my visit at 8:40 AM, the hot items were not replenished, and the coffee machine was out of order both days due to needing cleaning. The staff was clearly overwhelmed, and there simply weren't enough personnel to manage the lounge effectively.

Evening service in the lounge was better, particularly when I arrived promptly at 5 PM when they opened. However, I imagine if I arrived later, there would be empty dishes everywhere.

Employees seemed uneducated with the benefits of the World of Hyatt program. When a family member used my Guest of Honor benefit, they were incorrectly informed they wouldn't have access to the lounge, as it was reserved for elite members only. Additionally, they were told there would be a $100 charge for checking out after 12 PM.

madmanshoney likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zeva
Employees seemed uneducated with the benefits of the World of Hyatt program. When a family member used my Guest of Honor benefit, they were incorrectly informed they wouldn't have access to the lounge, as it was reserved for elite members only. Additionally, they were told there would be a $100 charge for checking out after 12 PM.
I hope you followed up with a manager, your concierge, or Hyatt consumer affairs about this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.