Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Irvine (returned to Hyatt 28 Aug 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Irvine (returned to Hyatt 28 Aug 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:51 pm

Looks like the opening date was pushed backed to 8/28/2023
Old Aug 15, 2023, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by zeva
Welcome to FT! Thanks for the update, I do also see on their web site "Now accepting reservations for stays from August 28th, 2023. and beyond." and have updated the thread title accordingly.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I had a reservation for the 21st of August, got an email and knew what was up.
I called and they moved the reservation to the Hyatt House for the same rate and offered 12,000 points.
It worked for me, as this was a quick business trip from LA.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LA2CDG
I had a reservation for the 21st of August, got an email and knew what was up.
I called and they moved the reservation to the Hyatt House for the same rate and offered 12,000 points.
It worked for me, as this was a quick business trip from LA.
Isn’t the HH 12,000 points a night anyways? Fairly certain it’s a Cat 3
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Welcome to FT! Thanks for the update, I do also see on their web site "Now accepting reservations for stays from August 28th, 2023. and beyond." and have updated the thread title accordingly.
Thanks! I have a stay booked for Labor Day weekend as a globalist, I'll report back if it's open.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:06 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Thanks! I have a stay booked for Labor Day weekend as a globalist, I'll report back if it's open.
I hope it is. I’m about to book for Saturday through Wednesday and it shows
avaolable
Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I hope it is. I’m about to book for Saturday through Wednesday and it shows
avaolable
Got an email from the front desk manager, its available. There is a breakfast buffet on sunday and Saturday for breakfast.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:15 pm

I recently had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a four-night stay over the Labor Day weekend, and I'd like to share my thoughts and experiences.

First and foremost, the cleanliness and the recent remodeling of the rooms were notable. It's evident that the hotel has put effort into maintaining a clean and updated environment for its guests, which is always appreciated.

The lobby also left a good impression, though it was clear that the hotel was still in its soft opening phase during my visit. At the moment, only the pop-up market and guest rooms on floors 2-4 are open for business and there was construction noises starting around 8AM on weekdays.

As for breakfast, there is a limited but reasonable selection of three items: a breakfast burrito, a ham and cheese English muffin, and a vegetarian sandwich. Ordering is done at the pop-up market, and the staff brings your order to your table, ensuring a convenient dining experience.

During my stay, I was upgraded to a corner single king bed suite with a balcony as a globalist. This suite was essentially two connecting rooms converted into one, with one section serving as a comfortable sitting area with a very small balcony, just enough space to place two chairs. This arrangement provided extra space and added to the overall comfort of my stay.

As a pet owner, I was pleased to discover that the hotel is pet-friendly. My golden retriever had a wonderful time at the hotel, and the staff was exceptionally accommodating and courteous, despite many of them being in training. Their friendliness certainly added to the positive aspects of my stay.

However, my biggest concern was the parking system. The cost of parking at $40 per night is quite steep, and the use of a QR code on a piece of paper for entry and exit was less than ideal. This system limited access to one car at a time, which caused delays, especially when issues arose.

In conclusion, this hotel shows potential, particularly with its clean rooms, friendly staff, and pet-friendly policy. However, improvements are needed, especially in the parking system and the ongoing soft opening phase. It will be interesting to see how the hotel evolves over time.

Lobby, Restaurant and Market will be opening straight ahead by spring 2024

Check In area

Main Sleeping Area with Bathroom 1 of 2

Seating Area

Sleeping Area

Bathroom 2 of 2
Old Sep 8, 2023, 11:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Nice review!
Seems like a fair enough refresh with the lobby getting most of the effort.
Until they do away with the Holiday Inn breakfast items I'm out for now.
Previously they had a very good restaurant with exceptional variety and menu items and solid friendly service for many years
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:59 pm

Recent Stay

I had a recent stay here earlier this week as well. Parking fee ($40 for self parking) is expensive for a lot that needs to repaved and restriped IMO (hopefully that’s part of the renovation yet to come), plus the gate only worked for me half the time and I had to call for someone to physically come to open the gate (they can’t do it remotely it seems). Rooms were nicely renovated but small. I was not upgraded and was told the suites won’t be completed until next month (despite the app showing them reservable and available). I found the three breakfast items to be awful and perhaps one of the worst globalist breakfasts ever—although I know this will likely change over time as the club opens. Staff were all extremely friendly and pleasant—they hired really good people from what I experienced. Overall, a decent stay and I’m hoping things will continue to improve as they get closer to finishing the renovation—there’s a lot to still do.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 9:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by etraube
I had a recent stay here earlier this week as well. Parking fee ($40 for self parking) is expensive for a lot that needs to repaved and restriped IMO (hopefully that’s part of the renovation yet to come), plus the gate only worked for me half the time and I had to call for someone to physically come to open the gate (they can’t do it remotely it seems). Rooms were nicely renovated but small. I was not upgraded and was told the suites won’t be completed until next month (despite the app showing them reservable and available). I found the three breakfast items to be awful and perhaps one of the worst globalist breakfasts ever—although I know this will likely change over time as the club opens. Staff were all extremely friendly and pleasant—they hired really good people from what I experienced. Overall, a decent stay and I’m hoping things will continue to improve as they get closer to finishing the renovation—there’s a lot to still do.
Welcome to Flyertalk👍⭐️⭐️
Yep breakfast unacceptable. The rooms and suites in the past were quite good
Hoping they didn’t mess this up.The parking situation sounds awful without someone there to supervise
The photos seem to indicate a decent refresh but not impressive either
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:31 am

Standard award rooms seem to have vanished here

Luckily I booked a few award stays at this hotel before they opened--it appears they've removed all standard rooms for the forseeable future and you can only book suites with points. I'm guessing they're trying to earn back the money they spent renovating, but it it's odd to have all standard king and queen rooms gone for any stay that I've tried through next May.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
On top of no award availability, they charge a resort fee, I mean a “destination fee“ of $25.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Bathrooms look disappointingly small a la HR OC. Was hoping this could be a good alternative for Disneyland, but between the scam ("destination") fee, parking costs, small bathrooms and distance it makes no sense over the HR OC.
The destination fee is especially egregious, since when is Irvine a destination?

Old Sep 27, 2023, 10:07 am

Completed a stay last week.
Positives: 1) Friendly staff, 2) Clean room, 3) Close self-parking, 4) Better suite option vs HR John Wayne airport
Negatives: 1) Construction ongoing during weekdays but not during Weekends, 2) Limited breakfast menu, 3) Breakfast policy was confusing

HR Irvine offered limited breakfast menu (3 choices) but they were tasty. Ham sandwich was a slightly bigger McDonald's breakfast muffin but was good. Burrito was surprisingly good so that will be my recommendation.
Globalists get 1 main item out of the 3 choices, 1 cold drink and 1 hot drink. Depending on the employee, you can get 2 cold drinks if coffee is not your thing in the morning but some employee insisted on must grabbing a coffee on a different day.
You can get a bakery item instead but only 1. So it's either a croissant, cereal or burrito but this is also dependent on the employee as some try to match the overall price and some insist on item count.
One day the employee told me Globalist breakfast only applies to the Globalist him/herself. Didn't try to argue with him and just told him to charge everything to room. As expected nothing showed up during checkout.

Didn't have any parking lot gate issues. It was smooth for me.

Was told completion is expected by 1H `24 so I think it will get better as Regency Club and other amenities open.

Overall good stay and would recommend staying here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.