Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by soojin

Did they ask for proof again in regards to your “corporate” discount?
They didn't, but did ask me if I was still 'with the company' as we verified my details upon checkin. They had me listed as Chief Creative Officer of Founderscard. I didn't feel like arguing it (coming right off the plane and already being in the room).
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do they still use room keys attached to Tiffany key chains? Does the hotel provide smart phones for guests to use around town free of charge like others in the city?
Any plans for even a soft renovation here in the coming years?
Yes, room keys are attached to Tiffany key chains still. And yes, the hotel does provide a free mobile on request (only charged for calls and SMS made). Hotel also will loan bicycles for free on request.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Can I just say I dream of the spa at PH Tokyo.
We always spend majority of our time at Andaz, and add on one day at PH because we get late checkout and have a late flight, and taking Nex from Shinjuku is convenient.

The first time we stayed here, we were offered a tour of the spa. We declined, not understanding they meant the changing rooms. So we changed in our room, worked out, and returned to our room.
The second time was so tight we didn't use the facilities.
The last time- WOW. That changeroom is absolutely amazing. It's better than Andaz change room which I regard very highly.

Are there other PH that have similar level of spa? Or anywhere else for that matter? The variety, quality and cleanliness of the baths/sauna/showers/amenities was too much to handle! I dream of it still... Where else can I experience something like that!
hailstorm, MattEvan and caliform like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
We always spend majority of our time at Andaz, and add on one day at PH because we get late checkout and have a late flight, and taking Nex from Shinjuku is convenient.

The first time we stayed here, we were offered a tour of the spa. We declined, not understanding they meant the changing rooms. So we changed in our room, worked out, and returned to our room.
The last time- WOW. That changeroom is absolutely amazing. It's better than Andaz change room which I regard very highly.

Are there other PH that have similar level of spa? Or anywhere else for that matter? The variety, quality and cleanliness of the baths/sauna/showers/amenities was too much to handle! I dream of it still... Where else can I experience something like that!
It's pretty unique in that regard. Best among the PHs I've been to.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR

I certainly agree that the locker room at PHT is exceptional. It should be, since the Club on the Park is 2 million yen to join, plus a refundable security deposit of 3 million yen, and then an annual fee of 300,000 yen plus tax.

However, there are probably other properties that are not that far behind. The GH Taipei locker room was quite nice, and the bath and showers there are much better than at PHT.
The bath at PHT is difficult to get in an out of, and too deep for comfort. Even the bath at the lowly HR Osaka is better. And the shower booths at PHT are old and much too small to be called luxurious.

Still, the spa at PHT is extremely well staffed, plus the fact that most hotel guests have to pay to use the spa means it is never crowded and a lot easier to keep clean.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Aug 11, 2018 at 5:06 am
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
While I certainly agree that the locker room at PHT is exceptional. It should be, since it is 2 million yen to join, with a refundable security deposit of 3 million yen, and an annual fee of 300,000 yen plus tax.

However, there are probably other properties that are not that far behind. The GH Taipei locker room was quite nice, and the bath and showers there are much better than at PHT.
The bath at PHT is difficult to get in an out of, and too deep for comfort. Even the bath at the lowly HR Osaka is better. And the shower booths at PHT are old and much too small to be called luxurious.

Still, the spa at PHT is extremely well staffed, plus the fact that most hotel guests have to pay to use the spa means it is never crowded and a lot easier to keep clean.
Plus the “free” full-sized Aesop products that some guests assume they are entitled to take home.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I certainly agree that the locker room at PHT is exceptional. It should be, since the Club on the Park is 2 million yen to join, plus a refundable security deposit of 3 million yen, and then an annual fee of 300,000 yen plus tax.
If you have a Mastercard Black or Gold card, there was a special offer of one year of membership without having to pay the 2 million joining fee or the 3 million security deposit.

https://matsunosuke.jp/club-on-the-park/

If the timing were better for me, I would seriously look into that. A year's worth of Club on the Park access for about 1000 yen a day!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:48 am

We stayed at PH Tokyo twice but never been to their spa (which I am going to remedy during my next visit, especially since it's free for Globalist). Are men and women use separate sections of the spa there?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by in4tar
We stayed at PH Tokyo twice but never been to their spa (which I am going to remedy during my next visit, especially since it's free for Globalist). Are men and women use separate sections of the spa there?
Yes - Seperate sections. Great Spa
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by in4tar
Yes, as with all spa facilities in Japan (and anywhere else I've been, including Hawaii) the facilities are separated male/female. These are "bath" (not bathing as in swimsuit") and sauna type facilities. No swimwear or towel wraps in the bath or plunge pools; towel wraps allowed in dry and steam saunas.

I have read comments from female posters who were embarrassed to go into a bath such as this without any covering, so it might not be for everyone, but anyone can wrap a towel around to go to the showers, so I still would recommend that anyone wth complimentary access at least go and check it out.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you have a Mastercard Black or Gold card, there was a special offer of one year of membership without having to pay the 2 million joining fee or the 3 million security deposit.

https://matsunosuke.jp/club-on-the-park/

If the timing were better for me, I would seriously look into that. A year's worth of Club on the Park access for about 1000 yen a day!
If I lived next door to the PHT I would go for it, just to feel like something more than I really am for a year!

Otherwise, close to US$50,000 up front is a bit steep, but no wonder the spa at PHT is never crowded!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Otherwise, close to US$50,000 up front is a bit steep, but no wonder the spa at PHT is never crowded!
USD 50 grand for the ante and JPY 4K to enter as a non-Globalist guest is why you only see old rich Japanese dudes and Globalists in there. I love it.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
USD 50 grand for the ante and JPY 4K to enter as a non-Globalist guest is why you only see old rich Japanese dudes and Globalists in there. I love it.
I pay for access without status, and I love it too.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:00 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Yes, as with all spa facilities in Japan (and anywhere else I've been, including Hawaii) the facilities are separated male/female. These are "bath" (not bathing as in swimsuit") and sauna type facilities. No swimwear or towel wraps in the bath or plunge pools; towel wraps allowed in dry and steam saunas.

I have read comments from female posters who were embarrassed to go into a bath such as this without any covering, so it might not be for everyone, but anyone can wrap a towel around to go to the showers, so I still would recommend that anyone wth complimentary access at least go and check it out.
There are four separate saunas in each corner of the spa from memory so you can definitely use a Sauna wrapped in a towel and generally on your own.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by m0hamed
There are four separate saunas in each corner of the spa from memory so you can definitely use a Sauna wrapped in a towel and generally on your own.
It's 3. A wet sauna (more like a steam room, but not quite), a high-temp dry sauna, and a lower-temp dry sauna.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.