Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I love the area where the PHT is in. I like the quiet. I enjoy the walk from Shinjuku station. I actually opt for the walk versus the shuttle most of the time. Depending how fast/slow you walk, it's about 10-15 minutes. It's a nice stroll. I'm from NYC so I walk everywhere so this walk is enjoyable for me. There are a ton of places to eat, restaurants, quick eats, fast food at the train station and also the surrounding area. You can eat there and walk back to the PHT or take the shuttle. That's what I usually do at least. Also, you'll probably end up eating wherever you are exploring anyway so you would probably not be in eating in Shinjuku every day anyway. During my first visit to PHT, that was my main concern, finding food around Shinjuku. I ended up not eating in the area every night and eating in other parts of Tokyo. You'll likely end up doing the same.

The area is nice and quiet. It's very clean. Streets are nice and wide. Very little traffic. It's also close to the HR.
Smells like urine sometimes. Not a problem if you don't walk under the underpasses.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Smells like urine sometimes. Not a problem if you don't walk under the underpasses.
Really? I guess maybe I am walking a different way. I walk on the main street, turn down one of the alleys with the vending machines, pass the Washington Hotel, BMW dealer. Are you talking about the underpass by the shuttle? I guess I usually go the other direction. I don't use that exit of the station unless I am taking the shuttle.

Haha, I just realized that wasn't helpful. I don't know the street names, but I remember the way to walk.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? I guess maybe I am walking a different way. I walk on the main street, turn down one of the alleys with the vending machines, pass the Washington Hotel, BMW dealer. Are you talking about the underpass by the shuttle? I guess I usually go the other direction. I don't use that exit of the station unless I am taking the shuttle.

Haha, I just realized that wasn't helpful. I don't know the street names, but I remember the way to walk.
Yeah. I use the long way from Shinjuku station too. The urine smell comes from the underpasses leading from HR and Tochomae station. Even that homeless trash caravan across the street from PH can smell bad. If you just hug the BMW and Washington's side then you'll most likely never smell urine. Maybe just ciggies one or two times.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:51 pm

Yeah. I use the long way from Shinjuku station too. The urine smell comes from the underpasses leading from HR and Tochomae station. Even that homeless trash caravan across the street from PH can smell bad. If you just hug the BMW and Washington's side then you'll most likely never smell urine. Maybe just ciggies one or two times.
Ah cool! Good to know! I stayed at the HR for the first time this past Dec. I hopped over from the PH since I had an early flight the next day so it wasn't worth paying for the PH my last night. I'll make note of the underpasses by the HR next time and avoid them.

It was funny bc the PH was having a party that night and I was able to see the lights flashing from my room at the HR.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Not including taxes and service charge it isn't.
my corp rate is around 330-350usd out the door.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by footastic

I should change jobs.
Mine isn't.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You probably make more
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

Based on your description I know exactly how you walk because that is how I walk too down that side road/alley with the vending machines.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by footastic

I get a similar corporate rate; does PHT grill you and give you a hard time if you’re there for leisure and not for business?

Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by soojin

I get a similar corporate rate; does PHT grill you and give you a hard time if you’re there for leisure and not for business?

Thanks.
No, just have a biz card ready and that’s all they will need if anything.
soojin likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Normally have a letter from my director Incase (PH Sydney are super duper by the book and need this - so I just got in the habit of getting it)

however at PHT after they IDed me once I have never been requested to present ID again.

Originally Posted by soojin

Thanks.
soojin likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I was required to show my eligibility for the rate when there (the Andaz didn't ask) — no grilling about leisure vs. business though.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:37 am

Wow, the letter seems excessive, but good to have. Hoping my business cards are suffice, thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by caliform
I was required to show my eligibility for the rate when there...
Do you mean, you had to show your business card/ID or some sort of documentation from the Travel/HR department of your company?

Thanks for the reply!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I was traveling on the Founderscard rate, which is ~300 USD vs the 500-600$ rack rate. I didn't have the actual founderscard on me so I told them I could log in and show my membership status on my laptop... which they did indeed insist on. So I logged in to the website at the reception and showed them, which seemed to please them. Hope I don't have to do that again in two weeks when I return...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.