Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by footastic
I’ve been lucky to always get a suite here - every time I always have a cabinet or rack of whiskeys. Hibiki was 17 year last time
We are at the Park Hyatt Tokyo now, in a suite.......no cabinet or rack of whiskeys that I can see
Oh, except for the pay for variety
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by frogss29
What other kind were you expecting?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Pickles, you are right.
Just that the previous post had said they had been 'lucky'
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frogss29
We are at the Park Hyatt Tokyo now, in a suite.......no cabinet or rack of whiskeys that I can see
of course they are of the pay variety. this was the whiskey selection in a standard suite last week.

Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
What are the current Globalist benefits? Do I have it right here:

1. Breakfast in restaurant or room service
2. Twilight time
3. Free Spa access

There is no UG unless you use a suite UG cert right? And if I'm using my promo night (globalist award for cat 1-7) I can't also use the suite award right?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)

prob view/deluxe room without a TSU.

Unless you frequently stay wouldn’t expect or anticipate a suite.

Last edited by footastic; Jan 10, 2018 at 2:14 am
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mnredfox
What are the current Globalist benefits? Do I have it right here:

1. Breakfast in restaurant or room service
2. Twilight time
3. Free Spa access

There is no UG unless you use a suite UG cert right? And if I'm using my promo night (globalist award for cat 1-7) I can't also use the suite award right?
Upgrades can vary as usual. I've used a free cert and had an upgrade. They'll do the best they can for you.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I'll note that I was asked for a business card at check-in; employees of the Indiana Bowling Mavens should be properly-warned.

I just saw this and found it very funny haha. Did they keep the business card or just have a look at it? When I stayed there they actually emailed my corporate email after I checked in (which is NOT associated with my Hyatt profile or reservation) to verify it was real.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yes, they kept my card. I emailed them from my office before my stay so they already had that.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Yes, they kept my card. I emailed them from my office before my stay so they already had that.
odd been staying here on a great ($320 a nite rate) contract rate. I doubt much better is available. That said no issues with just an ID even when using several rooms on vacation (spoke with GM prior to ensure). Never had to confirm by email.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by mnredfox
f I'm using my promo night (globalist award for cat 1-7) I can't also use the suite award right?

That's correct and the staff there are well-versed on the World of Hyatt rules that exclude the promo night from the suite upgrade award. That being said, the staff also do their best to recognize Globalist guests and make accommodations whenever they can as @Aventine correctly points out. In my case, they allowed me to stay in my upgraded suite for the last night of my stay (which was a free night).
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I booked a night on points w/ TSU and used a cat1-7 for the second night, was allowed to remain in the suite without issue. YMMV, but as noted above I have found they will accommodate when possible.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:01 am
Suspended

If booking with reward night with globalist status, can I pay extra in advance to get a 55 metes Park Deluxe room? Or it all depends on UG on the check in day?

I am from Marriott side and seldom stay with other chains, but I give up on Ritz this time for my Tokyo trip because I want to experience this Park Hyatt so much.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I must ask - given all of the new luxury hotels popping up in Tokyo, if it wasn't for Lost In Translation, would this hotel even be in the discussion of top hotels in Tokyo? It sure felt dated when I was there, although the service was fantastic.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I must ask - given all of the new luxury hotels popping up in Tokyo, if it wasn't for Lost In Translation, would this hotel even be in the discussion of top hotels in Tokyo? It sure felt dated when I was there, although the service was fantastic.
I feel yes. The owners have definitely upheld PH brand standards. Some PHs have just gone downhill since their peak but not this one. It still feels special, if not, a bit dated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.