Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
I've been to PHT but not Andaz. Based on the website, it seems Andaz may not match PHT's pool/spa? Quite a few years later, I still recall being blown away by the PHT spa experience.
It's a very nice spa at PH but getting long in the teeth and a bit stuffy (treatment rooms are small) to me. Andaz pool is smaller but just as good. Their spa is like an art gallery. Chic, white and very modern. The seasonal apothecary session isn't to be missed. The only part Andaz loses in is their changing room and soaking tub facilities. Too small and limited compared to club at the Park.

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Boy, this isn't my experience. Large carpet stains in the hallway, scuffed up and stained furniture in the suite . . . There are still a lot of things I like about this property, but unfortunately meticulous maintenance in the last few years is not among them.
My 10+ experiences have never encountered anything like that but I guess it can happen somewhere in the hotel.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The PHT spa experience blows away the Andaz spa experience.

The Andaz pool is spectacular, and may well be better than PHT. Same with the gym. But once you take your clothes off, it's all advantage PHT.
I prefer the PHT pool to the Andaz pool. It's bigger, with two lap lanes instead of one, and even after 20+ years, I don't get tired of that atrium with the 360 degree view. The PHT locker room and spa blows the Andaz one clean out of the water (excuse the pun). However, everything else is advantage Andaz for me: the location, the rooms, the breakfast, and the service.

For many years, the PHT breakfast and service, together with the otherworldly and novel hard product more than made up for the location. For a while, I considered it the best city hotel in the world. But that was a while ago.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickles
I prefer the PHT pool to the Andaz pool. It's bigger, with two lap lanes instead of one, and even after 20+ years, I don't get tired of that atrium with the 360 degree view. The PHT locker room and spa blows the Andaz one clean out of the water (excuse the pun). However, everything else is advantage Andaz for me: the location, the rooms, the breakfast, and the service.

For many years, the PHT breakfast and service, together with the otherworldly and novel hard product more than made up for the location. For a while, I considered it the best city hotel in the world. But that was a while ago.
They treat me very well at both properties but I'm still not a fan of the host concept. I've had some Andaz Tokyo hosts provide terrible service and responses to questions.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Aventine
They treat me very well at both properties but I'm still not a fan of the host concept. I've had some Andaz Tokyo hosts provide terrible service and responses to questions.
I don't know what the host concept is. The Andaz has always made restaurant reservations and such in a timely and effective manner, and the coffee doesn't take 45 minutes to show up at breakfast.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The service in the restaurant was now up to standard a few days ago.... my coffee now arrived in about 5 minutes.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally had a "crummy" Park suite with some wallpaper tattered on a pillar, torn paper lamp and carpet torn and peeling in the vanity area. I can live with it for a weekend stay but I can see how it can bother some people.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally had a "crummy" Park suite with some wallpaper tattered on a pillar, torn paper lamp and carpet torn and peeling in the vanity area. I can live with it for a weekend stay but I can see how it can bother some people.
I've never experienced anything like that at the PHT. Did you mention it to anyone? If so, what was the response?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I've never experienced anything like that at the PHT. Did you mention it to anyone? If so, what was the response?
the GM apologized and said they're going to fix them right away. Wasn't looking for any compensation but I don't expect to stay in this suite again.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
the GM apologized and said they're going to fix them right away. Wasn't looking for any compensation but I don't expect to stay in this suite again.
Conversely, after your complaint, that particular suite might get an extra sprucing up.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
Stayed at PHT last month. Dated feel but I thought it was a bit charming in a quirky sort of way, especially since everything's well maintained and there's no wear and tear.

Only thing that bothered me (slightly) is the location which is a bit far from the nearest train station. There's the shuttle which departs every 20 minutes but it ends at 9-ish in the evenings so if you're out later than that, you'll have to take a taxi or walk back.

Overall, service was immaculate. Great hotel - worthy of its reputation.

Wrote a review of my stay here in case anyone's interested: http://iwandered.net/2017/08/12/park...t-translation/
super-mileage-fan likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Is is safe to assume that its close to impossible to book PHT in early April with free night certificates
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tonykline1947
Is is safe to assume that its close to impossible to book PHT in early April with free night certificates
Cherry Blossom season, kids are off school. Certainly not the best time, but shouldn't be impossible if you're flexible.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It can be a problem making an award booking in spring or autumn long in advance, they tend to block rooms in those periods.
Chances are that availability opens up from about 3 months in advance.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vogriphach
...Only thing that bothered me (slightly) is the location which is a bit far from the nearest train station. There's the shuttle which departs every 20 minutes but it ends at 9-ish in the evenings so if you're out later than that, you'll have to take a taxi or walk back....
It appears to be little known that Shinjuku station is not the closest rail transport to the hotel. Both the TOEI Oedo and Shinjuku subway lines have closer stations.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It appears to be little known that Shinjuku station is not the closest rail transport to the hotel. Both the TOEI Oedo and Shinjuku subway lines have closer stations.
Technically, those are subways, not trains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.