Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:27 pm

Me, I'll be there this Friday confirmed in a suite. Can't wait. I was just there 2 weeks ago as well!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
OK, I can certainly see that as a legitimate comparison, your experience at PHT Tokyo vs other Tokyo lux level hotels. More valid than my own experience of Japan vs. other countries, making my petulance unwarranted.

If what you have come to expect of other Tokyo lux hotels is no longer provided by PHT, then maybe they are either lax or doing so well as to not care.
It was almost part of the process. Upon checking in, they'd ask if I needed transportation arranged for my departure, and I'd say "ah I'm going to need NEX tickets for such and such departure", and they'd say, "no problem, we'll have them for you when you check out."

I have noticed an increase in the level of general officiousness of the staff over the years, which is probably a combination of sitting on their laurels, staff being poached by other worthy competitors, and a shift towards a more Japanese-centric clientele and focus, who don't go around asking for such things as NEX tickets.

Which, by the way, I could easily get myself on a pass through the station, and could order them in Japanese. Just not interested in spending time doing so, and so I delegate to the hotel, who used to do it as a matter of course but now seems to have upped the ante.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I was speaking in ref to HR Kyoto doing a JR re, which I suspected to be on the phone.

Would you charge more or less than US$20 to take 30 minutes to go and get your tickets?

I wonder what your company would charge me if I sent you on such an errand.

BTW, the Lawson machine has English capability.

If you cant't pay the fare, don't take the train.
Who said I was complaining? Just reporting on my experience. Relax.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:37 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok people - lets move on from the discussion on the concierge at the property unless there is a significant development or just a mention in a post reviewing the property - endless discussion of the issue does nothing other than to make this long thread even longer.

Thanks

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Maybe time to create a wiki to sum up the basics of PHT?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Maybe time to create a wiki to sum up the basics of PHT?
Done - the creation part anyways.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dlandz
some people seem very picky over concierge service and such. life's an adventure if you do things for yourself. I'll be there in 3 days in a suite and the concierge is probably the last thing I will comment on or care about. Can't wait to see the room, hotel, and Tokyo though! moshi moshi!
mmmh.... 1) they have a shuttle bus to effing Shinjuku station
2) i guess there are more than 1 person who needs a NEx ticket
3) this can be done online and just pick up thru the net

a charge and you think its sth you dont care!? Yes. i would be picky over concierge service if I end up spending more time to fix up something than to ask them!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Airport Limo Bus

Hello,

After reading this thread it seems like the airport limo bus stops running at midnight.

My flight arrives at 11pm and will probably have a checked bag. I'm guessing there's no shot at me making this bus correct?

Any suggestions on how to get to the PHT, would a taxi be the most efficient way at this hour? The hotel quoted me 15kJPY fixed rate for a taxi, or 29k for a luxury car, from what I've read it seems like I can snag a for 7-8k?

Also, do I need JPY to pay taxi drivers, or would a credit card work?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:56 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cshel
Hello,

After reading this thread it seems like the airport limo bus stops running at midnight.

My flight arrives at 11pm and will probably have a checked bag. I'm guessing there's no shot at me making this bus correct?

Any suggestions on how to get to the PHT, would a taxi be the most efficient way at this hour? The hotel quoted me 15kJPY fixed rate for a taxi, or 29k for a luxury car, from what I've read it seems like I can snag a for 7-8k?

Also, do I need JPY to pay taxi drivers, or would a credit card work?

Thanks
Although you don't mention it, it seems clear you are referring to Haneda airport. It's quite an efficient airport and if you arrive on time at 11pm, the odds are very good you will make the midnight bus even with checked bags.

There is also one last monorail departure at 12:10am which will connect to the Yamanote line at Hamamatsucho to get you to Shinjuku station.

After that probably your best option is a taxi, I would just get one at the airport without advance booking. There won't be any meaningful wait and this way you aren't out any money if you get the earlier bus or monorail.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:05 pm

You can just ask the taxi before hand if they accept credit card. They normally have a visa or other processor logo listed if they do accept cards.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (WIKI)

You could also take the regular train to Shinagawa and change there to Shinjuku. I recommend to check the schedule but would be optimistic it is still running at that time. Fun, efficient, cheap.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by banzani
You could also take the regular train to Shinagawa and change there to Shinjuku. I recommend to check the schedule but would be optimistic it is still running at that time. Fun, efficient, cheap.
I don't think I'd necessarily recommend this because you'd want a second taxi at Shinjuku so it is getting complex. But if you do, the last Yamanote line train from Shinagawa to Shinjuku is at 12:47am, so it doesn't really add much, if any, slack.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (WIKI)

I'd say it depends. If you are not too tired / with too much luggage this option is fine and will only be $6 plus a possible $8 for the taxi (not sure why you say 'second'), instead of $100 for a taxi from the airport. And stations have escalators.

NB It's been 10 days for me since cko and stay has not posted - surprising for such property, guess will have to file missing credit request.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by banzani
I'd say it depends. If you are not too tired / with too much luggage this option is fine and will only be $6 plus a possible $8 for the taxi (not sure why you say 'second'), instead of $100 for a taxi from the airport. And stations have escalators.

NB It's been 10 days for me since cko and stay has not posted - surprising for such property, guess will have to file missing credit request.
Yes, I waited two weeks, and my stay still had not posted. I had to file a missing points request.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Just finished my first stay at this property. I had 2 incidents of great service worth noting. I was travelling with a friend with food allergies so the concierge left the hotel with us to find a restaurant suitable for my friend (we did not ask for this, he just followed us out). Second, I wanted to learn origami and asked whether there was a place where it was taught. When it could not be arranged on short notice, they cut paper and taught me themselves. Overall, our stay was great. Our room was beautiful and we loved the spa.

I would highly recommend the limo bus. The shuttle from Shinjuku station is hard to find. If I had luggage, I would be very frustrated looking for it the first time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.