Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
The shuttle itself between the hotel and Shinjuku takes around 7 minutes, a bit more if there's traffic. The location isn't bad if you're only there for a day or so, but the location is a definite annoyance that adds up over a multiple day stay where you want to do things away from the hotel, because virtually everything you want to do involves getting to Shinjuku first.
  • The shuttle departs on time, but unless you plan and arrive right at the departure time, you have to wait up to 20 minutes.
  • Even after being dropped off at the Shinjuku end, you still have to walk a few minutes to get into the actual station.
  • The shuttle doesn't start until 9 in the morning. If you're trying to get an early start you'll need to make alternate arrangements.

You can avoid the scheduled shuttle wait/times by catching a cab (about 800 yen a pop if I remember right) or walking (20 minutes).

Had a fantastic stay here but the location and lack of quick access to the subway system was the one drawback.
Park Hyatt is only 15 min walk to Shinjuku station and about 5 min to Tochomae subway station. Taxi ride to Shinjuku is 700 JPY in normal traffic conditions. The walk to Shinjuku station is very easy and most of it can be done underground if weather is bad. Stayed at Park Hyatt for over a week just recently and not once used hotel shuttle. Had no patience to wait for it.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I timed the walk a few times from the hotel to Shinjuku station south entrance on my last trip and it was 12 minutes for me. I've rarely had the cab cost more than the flag drop of Y710, the easiest and quickest is to have the cab take you to the west entrance, lower level. If you are going south on the Yamanote line, take the cab to Yoyogi station, which is also Y710, make sure the cab turns left leaving the hotel.

The subway system, TOEI Oedo line, is about 8 minutes walk to Tochomae station or about the same if you walk to Hatsudai station at the Opera building on the Keio New line (which becomes the TOEI Shinjuku line), reached by walking in the direction away from Shinjuku. A third option is to walk towards the station but get on the TOEI Shinjuku line which, if you pick your entrance properly, is also only about 8 minutes walk.

There is also the 100 yen bus which leaves from stand 20 at the west exit from Shinjuku station (go up to street level and turn left about 150m). Get the bus labeled "West Side" which leaves about 6 times an hour until 7 or 8 pm. It drops right at the hotel. You can also take it from the hotel stop but only up to 10am and only on weekdays as otherwise the route to the station is a bit circuitous.

If that's not enough choices, let me know and I'll try to come up with some more.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:25 am

Well I'm back at the Park Hyatt, this time in a Park Suite and it's been heavenly for the past few hours. The suite is obviously much, much nicer than the Park Deluxe room I was in a few days ago. The tub and shower area are much larger, the TV in the bedroom is huge, the staff seem much friendlier and more personal now too. Also, they gave me a free bottle of sake!

I was going to wait until my last night to splurge on a dinner at New York Grill but I couldn't wait and went a couple of hours ago. Sat by the window and did a combo of people- and view-watching while eating a Yanezawa Sirloin, which was probably the best steak I've ever had, seriously.

I know the next few days are going to whoosh by but I'm really happy to be here!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
OK, I'm also here in a Park Suite. How many FlyerTalkers occupying PHT suites tonight?!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by NickW
OK, I'm also here in a Park Suite. How many FlyerTalkers occupying PHT suites tonight?!
We'll be checking in tomorrow night. During our last stay, this past weekend, we had a surprising number of service issues. I brought these up with hotel management and to their credit they listened and ensured that the rest of the stay met expectations.

Currently at the HR Kyoto (first stay here) and I have to say am extremely pleased with the gracious service and attention to detail.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sensei
We'll be checking in tomorrow night. During our last stay, this past weekend, we had a surprising number of service issues. I brought these up with hotel management and to their credit they listened and ensured that the rest of the stay met expectations.
April is the traditional hiring season. Maybe there are a lot of new hires still getting their feet wet?

Although I also had a rare miss on a fundamental service issue back in February. The GM was apologetic enough about it, but now I'm concerned that it was not an anomaly...
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by hailstorm
April is the traditional hiring season. Maybe there are a lot of new hires still getting their feet wet?

Although I also had a rare miss on a fundamental service issue back in February. The GM was apologetic enough about it, but now I'm concerned that it was not an anomaly...
Not sure about the PHT, but when I checked-in at the GHT Club lounge recently, I saw a group of about 20 new fresh faced recruits being orientated. I was making my way to the lift at the time, and seeing the battalion of awe struck recruits marveling at the awesomeness of the hotel filing into the lounge, and not really knowing how to behave (i.e make way) when they see a guest made the moment a little overwhelming. In the end I gave way to them.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 7:51 am

Does anyone have any reviews or comments about the Club on the Park's massages? I'm particularly interested in the foot massage or reflexology treatments but open to anything else.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by NickW
I thought you lived in Tokyo and worked at the Roppongi Death Star doing God's work. I see that has changed, Bangaluru it is!
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:44 pm

One of the current Virtuoso perks at the Park Hyatt Tokyo is a "complimentary lunch or dinner for two, once per stay". Does this mean a free meal at the New York Grill?!
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kurosawa22
One of the current Virtuoso perks at the Park Hyatt Tokyo is a "complimentary lunch or dinner for two, once per stay". Does this mean a free meal at the New York Grill?!
I assume that the meal and restaurant choices are limited. You'd have to contact the hotel to be sure.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Kurosawa22
Undoubtedly a set menu lunch or dinner at Girandole. This is still a great deal, I am surprised they are offering dinner as an option.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Undoubtedly a set menu lunch or dinner at Girandole. This is still a great deal, I am surprised they are offering dinner as an option.
This matches my experience on a Virtuoso booking in October. I received a voucher at checkin that was good for lunch or dinner. Dinner was limited to the 5,000 yen set menu, I believe.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by sensei
This matches my experience on a Virtuoso booking in October. I received a voucher at checkin that was good for lunch or dinner. Dinner was limited to the 5,000 yen set menu, I believe.
If you want one of the other set menues they will charge only the difference in price to "upgrade." Girandole is very good at accommodating special requests or making substitutions for set menu items in my experience.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
I thought you lived in Tokyo and worked at the Roppongi Death Star doing God's work. I see that has changed, Bangaluru it is!
Bangaluru is to Rappungi as Bengaluru is to Roppongi; I'm sure. I have exited Tokyo, without much of a blaze of glory. God's work still needs to be done, and many hands make light work. Who would believe BLR is a more expensive expat destination than NYC?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.