Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 31, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Which room are you in? It has a private outdoor hot tub?
Old May 31, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Which room are you in? It has a private outdoor hot tub?
lol outdoor hot tub in 200s - one of the 3 in the complex.
the uppermost levels have larger balconies and chaise lounges. Anybody with eyes would know it except we missed it this past decade until now. Next time we will always request such a high room because WOW. So nice. We still havent used the chaise just like we barely use that in-room big tub with jets (lol)
Old May 31, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
lol outdoor hot tub in 200s - one of the 3 in the complex.
the uppermost levels have larger balconies and chaise lounges. Anybody with eyes would know it except we missed it this past decade until now. Next time we will always request such a high room because WOW. So nice. We still havent used the chaise just like we barely use that in-room big tub with jets (lol)
Last stay we were in the building with rooms 220-225 and had a view partially obstructed by the buildings with rooms 201-219. So which building are you in that has no obstructed view? Any road noise?
Old May 31, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Last stay we were in the building with rooms 220-225 and had a view partially obstructed by the buildings with rooms 201-219. So which building are you in that has no obstructed view? Any road noise?
201-219 section. Im sure that the road noise is obscured by our room fans, iPad video games, etc
most great rooms have glimpses of other units. Every room is

every VILLA (as they call it) is great. Either theres zero room in front of the view and instead we see the road & ocean. Or we see ocean and rooms. Yet this is all stunning for this location and its far from the bridge & tunnel in carmel since we drove through carmel today and the streets are infested with masked people as if its fishermans wharf monterey or gasp San Francisco, the city I left in order to be here
so zero complaints from me, sorry. Everything here is great and as one who lives in San Francisco, I obviously have super low standards!
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:15 am

Has anyone made a Guest of Honor booking at this location. The T&C of Guest of honor says it doesn't apply to Residence Clubs which I didn't realize until I read the T&C today, I made a GoH booking through my concierge for next week (made it a couple months ago) and wasn't ever told that it doesn't apply to Residence Clubs.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Has anyone made a Guest of Honor booking at this location. The T&C of Guest of honor says it doesn't apply to Residence Clubs which I didn't realize until I read the T&C today, I made a GoH booking through my concierge for next week (made it a couple months ago) and wasn't ever told that it doesn't apply to Residence Clubs.
As far as I can recall the Highlands Inn is both a hotel and a Residence Club. The town would not allow Hyatt to make it a total timeshare. I would definitely have MyConcierge verify and document in the reservation record so there are no misunderstandings. For future reference, would you please post here what you find out.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:44 am

As far as I can recall the Highlands Inn is both a hotel and a Residence Club. The town would not allow Hyatt to make it a total timeshare. I would definitely have MyConcierge verify and document in the reservation record so there are no misunderstandings. For future reference, would you please post here what you find out.
Ah I do see that in the name now, its two different property names in the title.. I'll report back after their stay next week, its only one night there before they go to Napa so its not a huge deal if they didn't get free breakfast lol.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I have. My non-status guest was upgraded to a massive suite.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:01 pm

It appears from the website the restaurant is back open? Well it says 'limited service'..hmmm... can anyone verify who has been there in the last week or so?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by madderlake
It appears from the website the restaurant is back open? Well it says 'limited service'..hmmm... can anyone verify who has been there in the last week or so?
Per the website, only open for breakfast daily and brunch/lunch on weekends.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:58 am

Ah OK, thanks JIMCHI - i missed that on their site. Well at least it's something! Curious to hear if anyone has stayed since this new change and how breakfast and lunch services are looking like these days...
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:27 am

Well my GoH went, breakfast was not removed. No upgrade (I don't know if one was available). My Hyatt concierge says this property isn't eligible for the breakfast benefit.

Last edited by parrotheadmjb; Jun 16, 2021 at 9:09 am
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
Well my GoH went, breakfast was not removed. No upgrade (I don't know if one was available). My Hyatt concierge says this property isn't eligible for the breakfast benefit.
We have always had breakfast removed whenever we have stayed here over the years. One of my favorite breakfasts at any Hyatt.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by nmoe
We have always had breakfast removed whenever we have stayed here over the years. One of my favorite breakfasts at any Hyatt.
Update: My concierge was out on vacation so it was different one who told me this, I responded and made her reach out to the hotel. They are refunding breakfast. I would just keep an eye because the GoH booking was for my father, he would have never noticed or known he got charged because he doesn't pay attention lol.
nmoe likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Oddist experiences...

Many oddities starting at checkin. Quite disappointed overall as we enjoyed this property as one of our favorites when we lived in the bay area back in 2000 to 2005.

I'll describe more but am very interested if any other globists haven't received welcome cards at the hotel. The reason I ask is our suite upgrade landed us in a 'town house' with very poor views and a message on the phone that they no longer have the slippers available that we requested but will try to provide the other items. My hunch is our room could have been reassigned from a guest who checked in earlier and didn't like the room and we ended up with theirs since we checked-in mid evening. That would explain no welcome letter in the room. We did receive them at two other hyatts we stayed at in the last couple weeks.

At checkin there is a plexiglass window that is quite a bit larger than most hotels we have been at making it hard to hear the receptionist. They were sitting in a chair toward the wall and about 2 feet back. When I mentioned it was hard to hear them with the loud wedding party in the lounge they made no attempt to move closer or speak louder. I ended up having to bend down to put my ear near an opening at the bottom of the plexiglass. Then a couple minutes later a somewhat louder person comes up and interrupts asking for help in the middle of our checkin. The attendant went over to the side to help them... very odd as I've never had a checkin interrupted. It was only about 3 minutes since our checkin started. The person said they checked in online and just needed their keys. Still took half the time of our overall checkin. Both my wife and I are globalist.

I'll update the post with additional details/issues after checkout. They said the GM would contact me but we are now at day 3 of a 5 day stay and nada..Even potential safety issues that are raised with a broken fireplace door seem to be ignored.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Jul 12, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.