Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to Harbour View International Hotel (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM 10:30AM Monday Friday & 7AM 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Airport Express runs a hotel shuttle.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by seawolf
Airport Express runs a hotel shuttle.
Yes, it works pretty well. You can use the stop in the convention center or the one on the street outside the entrance to the GH. Although a cab to/from Hong Kong station is also pretty cheap.

Hong Kong is one city where I see little advantage to a car service. Airport Express is IMO the best airport train in the world. 24 minutes to Hong Kong station.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Thanks to Kacee, seawolf, lafemme, AirbusFan2B, and Tokyoite for all of your advice on chauffeur services/airport transportation!

I am familiar with Hong Kong and the airport express train, but I'll be arriving around 10:30PM, so by the time I reach HK central station the complimentary hotel shuttles will no longer be running. Hence, why I was looking at chauffeur options.

However, upon second thought, I think I'll take the express and then taxi/uber from the station to the hotel since it'll only take a few minutes longer and I'll save $100+ USD.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even when shuttle is running taxi is usually a better option..
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by azepine00
Even when shuttle is running taxi is usually a better option..
The key if you're taking a taxi is to be in one of the middle cars and don't dawdle getting off the train. Otherwise you can get stuck in a long taxi queue at Hong Kong station.
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by fangtl
I know it wasn't a request of me, but here's a shot we took from our room during the show.

thanks! Ill be hoping over for cny.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:28 am

Are Hyatt's Hong Kong hotels off line for some reason? I've tried several browsers as well as the phone app and can't pull up any hotel for any date. I'm looking to book in April and May so I don't think CNY is an issue. I don't have any problem pulling up hotels elsewhere.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
Are Hyatt's Hong Kong hotels off line for some reason? I've tried several browsers as well as the phone app and can't pull up any hotel for any date. I'm looking to book in April and May so I don't think CNY is an issue. I don't have any problem pulling up hotels elsewhere.
Hyatt website problem. If you search Hong Kong, nothing comes up but if you search for hotel directly, it works fine.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Hyatt website problem. If you search Hong Kong, nothing comes up but if you search for hotel directly, it works fine.
Yup, been like this far at least a month.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:17 am

Doesnt work on Hyatt.com but at least it still works on the iOS app. However, they have recently changed the names of their rooms and it is now very confusing.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:02 pm

Is it safe to assume that the outside construction noise, while still present, has become more tolerable as the construction has progressed?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway
Is it safe to assume that the outside construction noise, while still present, has become more tolerable as the construction has progressed?
A couple of active WWII bombs were unearthed from the construction site near the hotel just two weeks ago, so you never know. The bombs even caused a total shut down of the area for a day or two, Im not too sure how this affected the operations of the hotel though.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I received an email today that there was an accident in Hong Kong a few days ago, which led to the tragic loss of 19 lives. Based on Chinese traditions, the return of those spirits to the family falls on the day the fireworks were intended. As this is not a day to celebrate, the Chief Executive of Hong Kong has cancelled the fireworks to respect those who lost their lives.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.scmp.co...-crash%3famp=1
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pat89339
I received an email today that there was an accident in Hong Kong a few days ago, which led to the tragic loss of 19 lives. Based on Chinese traditions, the return of those spirits to the family falls on the day the fireworks were intended. As this is not a day to celebrate, the Chief Executive of Hong Kong has cancelled the fireworks to respect those who lost their lives.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.scmp.co...-crash%3famp=1
It was also in the news. Unfortunate for the families and people flocking to HK for their spectacular shows.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:48 am

I book 2 night ( using my award thru credit card) . I belive it is standard room type. Does anyone know how much is the cost for upgrade to Club room per night at this hotel.

Will it cost less if I get an offer ( to upgrade to a club room) at front desk at check in

I am debating whether I should cancel my award booking at Grand conrad and make a stay at Conrad Hong Kong where I can use diamond benefit .

I google map and it seems Conrad Hong Kong is a better location compare Grand Hyatt.

Please advise and thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.