Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 11, 19, 12:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: UnitedConnection
Wiki Link
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 7, 19, 12:11 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Starriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Spire Amb; Hilton Diamond
After avoiding this place due to pricing for a while (and due to not being a fan of the more bland aesthetic of GHs and HRs), I'll be staying here for a 4 night stay overlapping my birthday checking in today. I made the reservation a few hours before arrival — hopefully that doesn't prevent them from making an effort to give me a good room. No Grand Suites available but every other room category is.
Old Jul 9, 19, 10:44 am

The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge.
What is the current charge for this? Not listed on the website.
Old Jul 9, 19, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
Curious if others tip the lounge staff, any views on this? If tipping, how do you do so... on a individual basis or for the whole team?

Thanks!
Generally, I won't tip, except during a particularly long stay where we were there at the lounge daily and really received impeccable service. What triggered my tip was because some of the staff alternated their scheduled day off to work on the day of our scheduled departure. It's small personal touches like this I appreciate; if some of the staff hadn't made this effort, I probably wouldn't have tipped. I just tried to as discreetly as possible pass the tip to the lounge Manager and said it was for taking his staff out for some tea.

While I can appreciate guest experiences vary greatly, I've always been completely satisfied with my stays here; and, probably more so than any other property in the Hyatt portfolio.
luvFclass and 59Impala like this.
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedConnection View Post
What is the current charge for this? Not listed on the website.
This is no longer available (at least not affiliated with the hotel) - updated the wiki.
Old Jul 12, 19, 2:57 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Starriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Spire Amb; Hilton Diamond
Birthday at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

1 Harbour Road Hong Kong, HK

Birthday at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (12 Photos)

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Just checkout of a stay at the Grand Hyatt HK and … color me impressed. I usually hate generic large conference hotels, but this one is a major exception.

The location is extremely convenient to the convention center, and it gets a ton of the convention crowds. I was actually attending RISE so for once, that was a plus, though boring people in lanyards aren't exactly the most epic scene. But, moving past this, my experience at the hotel was excellent.

The views are pretty much the best in HK (perhaps the IC is better but good luck getting a room with a view there, they don't care one bit about my Spire Amb status). Service for the most part goes above and beyond, though they are quite strict about following their policies.

I booked day of arrival and they were sold out of standard suites, so I was given a lovely club level view room. The stay overlapped by birthday, so the room had Happy Birthday written in letter balloons in the room. At this point I'm a bit bummed not to have a suite (not to be upgraded to one of the premium ones) but overall happy and not expecting anything crazy. But 10min after getting to my room, I get a call from the club telling me they were able to find me a suite and that they'd move me over in a few hours after the Globalist who had it checked out. The new suite was also all decked out in balloons and had a small birthday cake waiting.

When the day came to check-out, I was flying out on a midnight redeye, and while they couldn't give me a check-out time beyond 4pm since a paying guest needed the suite, they proactively offered me another room to use after 4pm. They got the room right next to my suite (2611) and moved my luggage over for me.

The club lounge is fantastic, with great views of the harbor and a solid spread with both quality and quantity. In the evenings from 5:30-7:30, The staff will make drinks for you, while the food is a self-serve buffet consisting of a few hot plates and a cold buffet. The cold buffet is very comprehensive. Breakfast has a buffet + 3 a-la-carte dishes, and they can make any standard breakfast dishes too. The menu rotates on a 3 day schedule so we didn't get bored.

I got charged 825 HKD to bring one extra guest / meeting to the club lounge on day of check-in. Definitely the most I've ever paid for a single beer. Probably the low-light of the stay.

IMG_2625.jpgIMG_2624.jpgIMG_2623.jpgIMG_2622.jpgIMG_2621.jpgIMG_2620.jpgIMG_2612.jpgIMG_2700.jpg

Service

I'm not the first person to mention this, but the service at the club lounge is fantastic. One person in particular stands out: Scott. He's the life of the party, the one good natured person who puts a smile on everyone's face. The rest of the staff was mostly great too.

Dining

I ate a dinner at Kaetsu, their Japanese fine dining restaurant. The food was good, but nothing special. The service was very slow. The prices were atrocious. (Bill came to 5000HKD for 4 people's meals + a single bottle of sake.)

IMG_2626.jpg

Room (pre upgrade)

Including pictures of the room before they upgraded me to the suite.IMG_2611.jpgIMG_2608.jpgIMG_2605.jpg

Birthday at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Would you like to write a review on the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 12, 19, 5:55 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

They really know how to put on a birthday welcome!