Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Definitely the Grand Hyatt. Facilities are nicer and the club at the GH is way better than the HR.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Recent treatment of multiple rooms

Can anyone speak to any recent experiences with extending Globalist benefits to multiple rooms? I booked 4 rooms, 1 of which has been upgraded with a TSU to a Grand Suite. Specifically, I’d like to know if they will extend Club access to all guests. Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:41 pm

I saw a few people sitting in the lounge all afternoon. I got some snacks earlier, then came back for hor d'voueres.
But then, seeing that one lady was in a wheelchair, I thought about how she couldn't really go outside and do stuff. And didn't think she is hogging a good window seat. Because she really has nothing else. It is quite sad, actually (she had quite a miserable expression on her face).
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Haven't stayed in a Hyatt since I was a child but I have some Hyatt bookings in 2019 owing to the good value of Chase->Hyatt transfers. I like that Hyatt allows far out bookings; I've booked a three night stay here near the end of Dec 2019 and was able to upgrade from the base 3000HKD room to a 6000HKD Grand Suite for 6000 points a night. Will be moving to the Ritz-Carlton for Dec 30&31 for the views though. Coming from SPG/Marriott I don't really get the economics of Hyatt allowing suite upgrades with lounge access for such a small amount of points, even if it's just a base level suite.

If anyone who has stayed here before knows a recommended floor/view that I could put in as a request I'd appreciate it.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Haven't stayed in a Hyatt since I was a child but I have some Hyatt bookings in 2019 owing to the good value of Chase->Hyatt transfers. I like that Hyatt allows far out bookings; I've booked a three night stay here near the end of Dec 2019 and was able to upgrade from the base 3000HKD room to a 6000HKD Grand Suite for 6000 points a night. Will be moving to the Ritz-Carlton for Dec 30&31 for the views though. Coming from SPG/Marriott I don't really get the economics of Hyatt allowing suite upgrades with lounge access for such a small amount of points, even if it's just a base level suite.

If anyone who has stayed here before knows a recommended floor/view that I could put in as a request I'd appreciate it.
While the Ritz would be higher, I don't think the views from the harbour-facing rooms can be beat. Only thing I can imagine is whether you want a room facing straight out over the harbour or angled to a side.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:11 pm

Just ask for a room on a higher floor to be as far away from the construction site below as possible. All Grand Suites have the same view.

Originally Posted by s0ssos
While the Ritz would be higher, I don't think the views from the harbour-facing rooms can be beat. Only thing I can imagine is whether you want a room facing straight out over the harbour or angled to a side.
All Grand Suites only come with angled-harbour view (aka Central + harbour view). The only room with both direct and angled-harbour view is the Executive Room, which cannot be redeemed with points.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Central90210
Just ask for a room on a higher floor to be as far away from the construction site below as possible. All Grand Suites have the same view.
Is the construction in that area eternal? It was mentioned in a onemileatatime review back in 2015. You think it'll still be ongoing in a year?

All Grand Suites only come with angled-harbour view (aka Central + harbour view). The only room with both direct and angled-harbour view is the Executive Room, which cannot be redeemed with points.
Thank you very much.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by s0ssos
While the Ritz would be higher, I don't think the views from the harbour-facing rooms can be beat.
The views from the Ritz are better on a clear day. You don't have a massive construction site between you and the Central skyline. I also prefer the straight on view of Central across the harbour, with Victoria peak in the background.
Is the construction in that area eternal? It was mentioned in a onemileatatime review back in 2015. You think it'll still be ongoing in a year?
Yes, it will be. Construction of the new Exhibition station will be ongoing through 2021.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The views from the Ritz are better on a clear day. You don't have a massive construction site between you and the Central skyline. I also prefer the straight on view of Central across the harbour, with Victoria peak in the background.
Yeah I plan to book a Club Grand Victoria Harbor room which I think has quite the view. I would agree though, that a lot of the base level rooms there are not interesting.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, it will be. Construction of the new Exhibition station will be ongoing through 2021.
It's not enough to make me cancel or anything, but that is unfortunate.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yeah I plan to book a Club Grand Victoria Harbor room which I think has quite the view. I would agree though, that a lot of the base level rooms there are not interesting.
It's an awesome room. Make sure they give you one with the view towards Central, not out to sea (which they tried to do to me). And pray for clear skies
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Since they changed the naming of the suites, both the Grand Suite and the Grand Executive Harbour Suite are exactly the same room layout with exactly the same view direction. The Grand Suites are on floors 12-19 and the Grand Executive Harbour Suites are on floors 20 and higher. Only the Grand Suites are confirmed with a TSU, although I've read posts of getting the further upgrade to a higher floor.

What I think was once called the executive suite with the much better view is now called the Victoria Harbour Suite, which is also much larger at 90m vs 65 m2 for both the Grand Suite and the Grand Executive Harbour Suite.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Since they changed the naming of the suites, both the Grand Suite and the Grand Executive Harbour Suite are exactly the same room layout with exactly the same view direction. The Grand Suites are on floors 12-19 and the Grand Executive Harbour Suites are on floors 20 and higher. Only the Grand Suites are confirmed with a TSU, although I've read posts of getting the further upgrade to a higher floor.

What I think was once called the executive suite with the much better view is now called the Victoria Harbour Suite, which is also much larger at 90m vs 65 m2 for both the Grand Suite and the Grand Executive Harbour Suite.
That's pretty funny if that's really the case because the executive one is listed as a premium suite and I asked if the 9000 point upgrade was available which it was not. I did notice both were 65m2 but I assumed the executive one must have a better view beyond just being on a higher floor. I suspect as a status-less pleb, I will receive floor 12.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
That's pretty funny if that's really the case because the executive one is listed as a premium suite and I asked if the 9000 point upgrade was available which it was not. I did notice both were 65m2 but I assumed the executive one must have a better view beyond just being on a higher floor. I suspect as a status-less pleb, I will receive floor 12.
They split the Grand Suite into 2 categories by floor height after the renovations a few years ago. For a while there was discrepancy between the suite/room descriptions between the hotel's website and the reservation page but they finally aligned them and even had the floors listed, but they have since removed the floor descriptions.

The Grand Suites and Grand Executive Harbour Suites are all on the same corner of the building, just the floors are different.

One other advantage to the hotel by designating the higher floor suites as premium suites is it cut in half the number of suites available for upgrade on a TSU.

Request a higher floor and I'm sure they'll do their best but it is unlikely they'll move you up a category past 19F unless they have overbooked the Grand Suite.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:29 am

From the 26th floor. A normal harbour-facing king room.

I guess construction is visible, and may ruin the photo. But so does glass, which makes for reflections (particularly at night, with lights). If you want no glass you can go down to the pool area.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I got 14, view wasn't bad at all .
nexusCFX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.