Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Thanks.

Typically I am in Asia in March to August not first of the year. I think it’s just a busy family time - compounded by things that are offensive to my western mindset.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by footastic
Thanks.

Typically I am in Asia in March to August not first of the year. I think it’s just a busy family time - compounded by things that are offensive to my western mindset.
Yup. Like this guy watching phone tv in a GC I'm in right now.
I don't even think it's a Western thing. Some people just do dumb things. Period.
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by footastic

the incident with the child throwing plates requiring housekeeping happened about 45 minutes before cocktail hour started (no food out and only wine/beer out) as I was wrapping up Work for the day - would never keep a large table during this time for only myself - much less keep my laptop out. The lounge is typically empty between 3-4:45 and is absolutely a great place to get some work done while mobile. I have always thought of it as the perk of the lounge is basically having a large living room that I am able to enjoy and work in. In all honesty just having a toddler break glassss and knock over some wine with plates is a kid being a kid, but combined with the vomit and having listened to Scott the attendent in the area it sounds like serious health and safety issues including food and fire have been caused due to young ones in the area during cocktail times (ie grabbing food with hands, knocking lit candles over, coughing on food and advising us to wear a mask in the lounge due to all the sick kids) then having a kid changed on a table directly next to me just is disturbing. Maybe I need to have kids to appreciate the nuance of dirty diaper with my canapés.

I'm sorry I just think the GH SIN has a better policy that prevents situations like this. I have invited potential clients to lounges to discuss or kick off a project on numerous occasions and this was the first time it would have been a negative impact.
I totally agree with you re annoying children. While we have fortunately not encountered vomiting, diaper changing, and rampant breakage, we've seen our share of annoying children, like the one who dipped his finger in the guacamole last night to taste it (we've been at the GH Taipei for the past week). Although I agree that Asian children are often over-pampered, on a percentage basis, we've seen as many annoying Western (mostly American) children as Asian in lounges. It seems many Westerners keep their children in check in places like restaurants but let them run rampant in lounges.

And I apologize for my not-so-subtle jibe about people using the lounge as a workplace, but the CC<Explo comment touched a bit of a nerve, maybe because I'll be dropping to Explo from March. But as you say, sometimes those inner monologues slip out. Still, I did want to emphasize that as late-middle-aged leisure-only travelers, we've probably been annoyed by businessmen in lounges as much as by children. Like the American yesterday morning who laid claim to one of only 3 4-seat dining tables here yesterday to set up his personal office, complete with an eye-level stand for his tablet and a wireless keyboard and proceeded to have a very long and loud conversation on his hands-free phone with his bank re a blocked account, spouting all kinds of account numbers and password codes. Or then there are the pacers; the ones who walk back and forth in the lounge as they talk loudly into their mobile phones. Or the ones who are talking into their phone in one hand as they are getting food from the buffet with the other.

Speaking specifically about the GH HK, when we were there last year there was one gentleman who somehow managed to pretty much commandered the corner table in the lounge at breakfast each day to have sales meetings with different clients.

Back to the issue of children, I think it would be great if hotels stopped allowing children to stay for free. I think the main reason why there are more and more children in the lounges is that a lounge-access room is a great value for a family of 4.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Kids are not the problem; their parents are.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Any thoughts on if the lounge will be open over Chinese New Year?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lafemme
Any thoughts on if the lounge will be open over Chinese New Year?
I have been there the past three and it has been. Great views of the firework show.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Pat89339

I have been there the past three and it has been. Great views of the firework show.
Fantastic! Thank you.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Great 3 night stay just completed. I used points to upgrade to a Grand Suite and loved the room/suite. We got room 1910 and the view was excellent. The construction going on below did not bother us at all, not as far as the view and we barely heard the noise if at all.

Service at the hotel was superb and anything we asked for was taken care of very promptly. We arrived early in the morning (around 7 am) and were pleasantly surprised that the room was ready which was great being that we were after a long flight.

We unfortunately had no time to experience the Spa or to visit the Grand Club which we regret, but hopefully next time around we will make sure to fit it into our schedule.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:22 pm

We were here during New Year with our children, I am blessed my kids are not as rambunctious as some have noted here. And I told my children straight up, if they cause a raucous, they are getting thrown out, so they were on their best behavior.

During breakfast one day, I did see a case of a child throwing up, and the mom feverishly trying to catch said vomit. I honestly hope those linens were thrown away, and not re-laundered. There were also several overly vocal families there, but as many have noted, the staff does not do anything to enforce. Alas, the problem does not only lie with the kids, I saw several people overindulging on alcohol, and should've been cut-off, but the staff does nothing and just let's the rowdiness worsen.

It was mentioned somewhere before but there is a kids room/lounge, which we utilized during our stay, My kids enjoyed the room, and played games and watched TV there. Other than 1 or 2 other kids, for the most part, it remained empty. It felt like we had a private lounge all to ourselves, just without the view.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

photos please! Of the fireworks from your room.
I know it wasn't a request of me, but here's a shot we took from our room during the show.

Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Any recommendations for a private sedan service to the hotel from HKG (english-speaking drivers preferred)? Does the Grand Hyatt have a house car? (If so, does anyone know the fee for a transfer?)

Also, is the shuttle from HKG mentioned in the wiki still a thing? If so, what's the fee and how is it scheduled?

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
No shuttle, but you can reserve a limousine car either prior to arrival or at the airport arrivals hall. It’s not free.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Any recommendations for a private sedan service to the hotel from HKG (english-speaking drivers preferred)? Does the Grand Hyatt have a house car? (If so, does anyone know the fee for a transfer?)

Also, is the shuttle from HKG mentioned in the wiki still a thing? If so, what's the fee and how is it scheduled?

Thanks!
Fee listed here.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:37 pm

A few things to keep in mind:

train is is super fast, efficient, cheap. Cab to GHHK from Hong Kong Central Station is fast, short, cheap.

airport is very far far from city center so limo will be pricey and take you longer than train, a lot longer during rush hour.
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:18 am

I thought there was a free shuttle from HK Central Station to the Convention Center. Is this no longer the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.