Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Looking forward to my stay in July in a renovated suite.

Interested in the noise from ongoing refurb work. What's it like? Loud or bearable.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dewby
Looking forward to my stay in July in a renovated suite.

Interested in the noise from ongoing refurb work. What's it like? Loud or bearable.
What method did you use to get the renovated suite? Paid or points/DSU?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
BRG on standard room. DSU applied and confirmed with hotel for renovated suite. Surplus of $50 a day which I don't mind, particularly bearing in mind rate I got was close to 50% off elite rate. Chuffed...
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Curious is the twin beds are big enough for 1 person each or if they will fit 2. I was planning to have a total of 3 people in a room. Is there enough space?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:43 pm
fMD

Any word on renovations will be done?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Air New Zealand Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by honghong322
Curious is the twin beds are big enough for 1 person each or if they will fit 2. I was planning to have a total of 3 people in a room. Is there enough space?
The beds are what I'd consider king singles. You can probably fit two people at a stretch but I don't think it would be very comfortable.

I also don't think you'd have much luck getting a rollaway bed in any of the harbour view rooms I've had recently.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I had a daybed-type piece in one of my rooms. It was in the corner suite above the convention center. But it probably went out in the renovation.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:42 am

Just spent 3 days here.

TR for my whole trip to follow once I get back. (Another 25 days)

Thoughts on GH Hong Kong.

Impressive place, very very good and friendly customer service.

The suite.

We had a newly renovated suite. Fabulous. Many have commented on how hyatt make the minimalistic so luxurious. This suite is very much that principle. Amazingly good quality fittings and very comfy bed. Design a big factor and one feels at home very quickly.

The view is amazing. Nothing else to it. 180 degree views of the harbour yes please. I love the sunken tub which is huge and with a direct view through the bedroom to the harbour. Great place to drink champagne and observe the skyline.

The blinds in the room are very clever and also have a black out feature. I really like the fact that the toilet is separate to the bathroom. A good feature.

The club has a reputation for being sound, wow is all I can say. Everything is of superior quality. The breakfast is top. The staff are super friendly and seem to go out of their way to know guests and make a difference.

Secondly the evening cocktail period is great. Good food and very tasty. Spirits are all premium, wines are very good and the best thing is the champagne is a proper French champagne, ruinart and is delicious. I really like that they don't scrimp and save on stuff and offer a premium service.

The pool is great and large. Shared with the renaissance which is fine and not really full.

My favourite place in Hong Kong is Stanley. Relaxing and a great market and even better food.

All in all this is a great hotel. Pricey but as a diamond and with a DSU you can really have a good time for ok money. More to follow....
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hi All,

I just checked out this morning after 2 nights in a grand suite (pre renovation) on the 31st floor. I must say this lounge is my favorite lounge of any hotel, even better than the Waldorf in Rome. We loved the service and the smoked salman and ruinart champagne are just sublime. For those that don't know Champange, Ruinart is a level above Moet or Tattinger.

I would definitely recommend anyone to stay in a club level room if staying at this hotel.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:10 pm

Finally! After months of calling every 2-3 days! My DSU has cleared and we were booked into the suite!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dewby

The suite.

We had a newly renovated suite. Fabulous. Many have commented on how hyatt make the minimalistic so luxurious. This suite is very much that principle. Amazingly good quality fittings and very comfy bed. Design a big factor and one feels at home very quickly.
Can you please mention the suite type?

I asked about the DSU and was told none of the Grand Harbour View Suites were renovated, and none would be by the end of the year.

As per other posts I paid the small amount to upgrade to a newly renovated suite.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:51 am

Grand Hyatt vs Sha Tin Suite Upgrade (Platinum )

Looking for some thoughts - I will be staying at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for one night in september and then moving to the Hyatt Sha Tin for two nights. I am currently a platinum member and have 4 suite upgrades that i need to use between now and February. Two questions - what are my odds of being automatically upgraded at the either of these hotels, specifically Grand Hyatt? Would it be worth it to use a suite upgrade on my grand hyatt stay or sha tin stay?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
Originally Posted by mediumpulp
Looking for some thoughts - I will be staying at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for one night in september and then moving to the Hyatt Sha Tin for two nights. I am currently a platinum member and have 4 suite upgrades that i need to use between now and February. Two questions - what are my odds of being automatically upgraded at the either of these hotels, specifically Grand Hyatt? Would it be worth it to use a suite upgrade on my grand hyatt stay or sha tin stay?
Platinum or Diamond?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:30 pm

Unlikely. GH has so many room types.

The DSU is an issue to as the hotel goes through refurbishment. If you use a DSU you will likely be required to pay a premium for a new suite (well worth it) or you get the old one.

My view is it is worth it.

GH is a great property. Can't comment on the other but a different experience.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
Platinum or Diamond?
I'm a platinum member. I know you are allowed 4 suite upgrades a year with platnum (correct me if I am wrong). Whats the difference between DSU and PSU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.