Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2003, 9:04 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ben20:
to, that made my stays in the last months not very pleasant ones.
</font>
I did NOT mean that the hotel service was poor !

Despite all troubles, their service is still superb !!!!
Old Jun 3, 2003, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mmklee:
Anyone stayed at Presidential suite of GH Hong Kong before? Because of poor business w/ SARS situation here, GH is offering all suites at 50% off (for local residents only). This makes the Presidential suite about HKD 14,000 (USD 1,800). Worth it?

Wonder with my Diamond Status, what other benefits would I get?????
</font>
If you have money to burn... sure it's worth it. But imagine what you can do with that in terms of maybe an airline ticket somewhere instead?
Old Oct 5, 2003, 7:41 pm

Stay at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Just stayed at Grand Hyatt HKG for one night this past weekend, on FFN, but on business not holiday.

Still a great hotel, but noticed that service is declining.

On check-in, got upgraded to a "City Harbourview Room", which was actually the last room (xx07) at the end of the hallway. Mostly showed a city view, but got a partial harbour view. My impression was that this room was smaller than the regular guest rooms, but I could be wrong.

Checked in at noon, and noticed no Diamond Amenity (usually, I have received fresh fruit in the past). Went out and good back around 7:00pm. Still no fruit. Called to front desk. Got the strange response that "our fruit is usually replenished every three days now, but I can get some to your room if you want". IMHO, I think the fruit should be an entitlement even on FFN, not whether I want it or not. And, I find fruit being replenished every three days is ridiculous. Depending on when the fruit was last put in the room and when a patron checked in, he could get (a) no fruit if the previous guest ate them all, (b) leftover fruit old fruit, or (c) fresh fruit. Quite strange.

Also called housekeeping upon check-in to request for an iron. Again, got back at 7:00pm, still no iron. Called again and waited until 8:00pm. Still nothing. Finally gave up.

Next morning, went out for breakfast at 8:00am at the Grand Club Lounge (excellent), then for morning meeting at another hotel. Prior to leaving room, called housekeeping to make up room since would be having an earlier afternoon meeting/presentation rehearsal in-room prior to checkout. Got back at 2:00pm, and room STILL not made up. Quite embarrassing; had to have meeting elsewhere.

All in all, I think Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong not up to usual standards.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 10:39 pm

GH HK, along with some other international GHs, does not offer a Diamond amenity. Its official explanation to me was that they offer an excellent Grand Club, and I'd have to agree. Their breakfast and evening snacks and cocktail service are excellent and unsurpassed by any other Hyatt property that I've been to.

As to their fruit plate, it's obviously not a Diamond amenity, and probably a regular amenity in all their rooms. In my experience, it consists of just 3 or 4 pieces of boring fruits, so I never cared enough about its frequency of replenishment. IMO their Grand Club F&B offerings more than make up for the lack of any Diamond amenity. (BTW, you can go to the Grand Club anytime during the day and order a variety of fresh fruit juices - as well as soft drinks and tea/coffee free of charge anyway.)
Old Oct 6, 2003, 3:51 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fly Me To The Moon: All in all, I think Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong not up to usual standards.</font>
October is one of the busiest months for the GH , I think.
I have noticed in the past that service slightly get less around this month. But still: exceptional good !

Because of the many big fairs around october the GH is not giving away so many good upgrades !
Old Oct 10, 2003, 7:31 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I am now at the GH HKG on FFN for one night...I got upgraded to a harbourview view as usual, which is quite nice...when I got to the room, there is no fruits in the usual fruit bowl...I agree with sfvoyage, it is usually just a few pieces of boring fruits, so I don't usually care...but because of this thread, today I tried to call and ask for it...the lady said they will send some to me...but after an hour I am still waiting...I need to call again and said I have been waiting for an hour before they finally sent some over...definitely not the best service possible...
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:03 am

Are the fruits in the room a 'Diamond Amenity' or do all the rooms get a couple of pieces of fruit?

A year ago I heard that Hyatt and Hyatt International were going to be merged and be run as one entity. This would mean more consistency throughout the chain with regards to GP T&Cs. This does not seem to have happened with regards to Diamond Amenities at International Properties.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 11:46 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The fruit bowl was full in my room at check-in and I am Gold Passport, not Diamond. My stay was a FFN award nite, one day 9/26 checkout on 9/27, which was my b-day. At check-in I was wished a Happy B-day and apology that my room was not ready. Went to lunch and came back to an room with a view out the back, overlooking the new pool area that is being built, so lots of noise during the day from the construction.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 3:12 pm

I have a diff experience.... they made up my room faster and more than I expected. I was there for 3 days at the end of Sept. The first day, I went to the grand lounge for breakfast, 45 mins later, I was surprised someone was in my room and cleaning my washroom (the bed was already done). I definitely sure I had a DND sign up on the door and wonder why that clean up lady didn't take that seriously. Anyways, I didn't bother, and went to bed again. I realized the lady finished cleaning up 30 mins later and left. I woke up at around 1pm and went for a walk and came back at around 4pm and I realized someone was in my room and my bed got turned over. Again, I had my DND signed on the door. This super clean up service got repeated the next day.
It is so strange, they never cared about the DND signed.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 3:45 pm

Fastest/cheapest ride from HKG HK Grand

Will be staying at the HK Grand Hyatt this
weekend. Best way to get there from HKG ?
Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2003, 3:50 pm

Train from the airport to Hong Kong station. Then 3 minute cab ride or walk to the hotel:

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/000910.html
Old Oct 30, 2003, 4:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IK in Seattle:
Train from the airport to Hong Kong station. Then 3 minute cab ride or walk to the hotel:
</font>
it would be a long walk from HK station to the hotel.

Old Oct 30, 2003, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Yes, most convenient would be the Airport Express, and then connect on Taxi, although a shutle bus from the Hong Kong Station is free to the GH.

Taxi would cost no more than $40HKD (depending on number of luggage).

Airport Express tickets are now 50% off with coupon AND a CX boarding pass stub.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 8:16 pm

You won't regret taking the express train to the airport. I've never seen a better integrated train station in another airport. (One might exist, but I've never been there.)

Even at the city end, the train is well integrated with the street level and taxi stand with no stairs to navigate and people to help with baggage at both ends.

Once you see the one at HKG, you'll wonder why other airports/cities can't do the same.

BTW, we used the train when we stayed at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong also. (It might even have been cheaper for us to cab it back to the airport since there were 3 of us on a sunday morning, but we wanted to take the train.) We took a cab between the hotel and the train station.

-David

[This message has been edited by LIH Prem (edited 10-30-2003).]
Old Oct 30, 2003, 9:28 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
I agree with the train to taxi plan. BTW, you can expect 1 hour from clearing customs to front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.