Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Thumbs up Looking Forward to Staying at the GH Hong Kong Again

Returned from a trip to Hong Kong recently and I had a wonderful time at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.

A few of the things I really enjoyed:

The walk up to the room upon check in to show me where everything was and answer any questions (I am told this is common for hotels in HK but I still appreciated it)

Free drink coupons for the bar they just re-opened (JJ's I think)

The wonderful club room with attentive staff, great comfort, terrific food, free DVD collection and fantastic views

Walking into the very cool (both figuratively and literally ) lobby after a day out in the warm moist air

No major hiccups to speakof.

I paid for 1 night and used points for 2 others so the only "disappointment" was not getting a free upgrade on my paid night to a club room. But that I can't expect since I paid for a non-club room. If I knew how great the club room was I probably would have paid for it.

My friends are trying to convince me to stay at the Intercontinental next time but I just see no reason to.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
GH Hong Kong's location is not very convenient. I used to stay at the HR HK on the other side, as most of my suppliers happen to be in TST area. Otherwise, will stay at the Conrad.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Thumbs up

Last week I enjoyed a few nights in a harbor view club room and could not agree more. The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is still one of my favorite Hyatts.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:35 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Recent Stays at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong??

I'll be closing out my 6 + years of Diamond status with a one night stay at the Grand Hyatt HKG at the end of Feb. (I'll be a lowly Gold come of 3/01). I know there's been some write ups about Diamond's not getting RC access here (depending upon the whims of the front desk), and was wondering about any updates on this subject. I'm not looking for a suite, as I'll be here only one Sat night on a corp rate-- but RC access would be nice From the looks of things, there is lots of availability with everything from AAA to special weekend rates still being offered.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I don't know why, but they've gotten a lot better about that over the last year or so. Either I get a room in the RC floors, or I get access to the club anyway. However, your YMMV. I stay there an average of 25 times a year....
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
I don't know why, but they've gotten a lot better about that over the last year or so. Either I get a room in the RC floors, or I get access to the club anyway. However, your YMMV. I stay there an average of 25 times a year....
I've stayed there several times over the past two years and I agree that service regarding DIA RC upgrades/access has improved. I've received upgrades/access 18 out my last 19 stays.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I am at the GH HK right now and it appears that Diamond upgrade/access is now "official" policy again. I received a letter at check in that says "as a diamond guest, we are please to offer you the following ... upgrade to a Grand Club room subject to availability"
I am here 1 night paid and then 2 FFNs. I was initially given a non-harbour view room on the GClub level but it smelled like smoke (it was a non-smoking room). the GC staff told me they are having huge problems with this since Jan 1 when a new no smoking policy went into effect in common areas in the hotel and restaurants. It's apparently causing people to smoke in their rooms! Anyway, they were really filled up and couldn't find another similar room. Ultimately I asked if I could use points to upgrade to a better category room, preferably a suite. There were no suites but they let me use 3k points to get a great harbour view room. I thought that was pretty nice considering they are giving us the harbour view for the FFN stays too.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 2:49 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
in 2004/2005 I was mostly disappointed by this hotel by not upgrading me to GC. But during the entire year of 2006 they have improved a lot and have upgraded me to GC everytime when I stayed there.. The downside is usually that the hotel is very busy most of the times..
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong - Why is it so popular?

Having seen the Grand Hyatt Hong show up so high on the "favorite Hyatt's thread," I have to ask why. I've stayed there 3 or 4 times and thought it was okay, but failed to see what was so special.

That said, I'm heading there in a month. What do I need to do to enjoy the GH HKG as much as everyone else?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:31 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by worldcupfan
Having seen the Grand Hyatt Hong show up so high on the "favorite Hyatt's thread," I have to ask why. I've stayed there 3 or 4 times and thought it was okay, but failed to see what was so special.

That said, I'm heading there in a month. What do I need to do to enjoy the GH HKG as much as everyone else?

Thanks!
Have breakfast in the club lounge, enjoying the absoloutely panaromic view of the harbour (unless it is too smogy and you can't see across the harbour )

Have evening drinks in the club lounge, enjoying the absoloutely panaromic view and lights of the harbour (unless it is too smogy and you can't see across the harbour )
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
What are the type of hotels you typically stay in?

If you are used to luxury properties such as FS and RC, then I guess the GH HK would seem standard.

About 5 years ago, before I could afford stay at luxury hotels, I cashed in some points to stay at the Conrad HK. I was completely wowed by the service, the food in the executive lounge, the plush room, etc.

Now that I've had the privilege of staying at some of the best properties in the world, the Conrad HK now seems like merely a very good hotel.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I've stayed at many luxury hotels around the world, even some that make yearly every yearly list of the best hotels worldwide. But I've never been wowed by a hotel the way I was at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.

Can't explain why but the views from the rooms, the lobby and the service all made me wow when I first stayed there. I think the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is the only true contemporary "Grand" Hotel of our "époque". It says pure luxury and even more class from the moment you enter it. Perhaps that's why many like it so much?!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:06 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Can't explain it except to say, It Depends On What You Like. It is the best in so many ways. Rooms may be a little ordinary, but I'm usually only in there to sleep.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
I have stayed at GHHK 6 or 7 times over the past 10 years. I kind of agreed about the lack of a wow factor before last April. While the public areas (lobby, etc.) are absolutely magnificent, I think the rooms are only very good, not great.
Last April my business partner did not feel well during the night (thought he might be having a heart attack - turned out to be indigestion). We were due to leave for China in the morning.
The staff was unbelievable. Someone took him to the hospital in a taxi, stayed until I arrived and he saw a doctor. Various staff from the hotel called me all day to check on him. Even though we were supposed to check out that morning, they let us keep our rooms all day, and then packed his things for him before we checked out at about 5:00 PM. No extra charge.
I am now a BIG fan of this hotel. HK people have a reputation for being gruff (a lot like New Yorkers, which is what I am). But in this case they were professional, caring, and generally great.

By the way, if anyone ever needs world class medical care in HK, go to the Hong Kong Sanitorium and Hospital in Happy Valley.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by rbAA
It Depends On What You Like.
^

I couldn’t agree more, based on my 100+ nights at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong I like;

The Grand Club Lounge; ambiance, service and view!
The outdoor swimming pool
The Executive Suites
The Grand Club rooms, serviced buy the private elevator
One Harbour Road Restaurant
Grissini Restaurant
Sunday brunch at Tiffin’s
JJs Night Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.