Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I don't love this hotel. The breakfast is great and the standard rooms ok. Breakfast is excellent. The restaurants like the steakhouse in the hotel fabulous...one of my favorites.

My big issue? Getting a taxi. The queues can be really long especially because there are some many conferences and conventions held in and near the hotel. For some reason Uber seems to take a while too. I don't like the walk to the MTR is crazy hot and in a suit, or raining. Overall the property is pretty nice but the transportation remains an issue. I've been trying HR lately and prefer it even though it is clearly a level or 2 below GH in terms of luxury. I will try the new Centric next week I think as trying to use an expiring certificate.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:05 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Tim Hunt, the Front Office Manager, is transitioning effective 15 November to the PH Saigon where he will be overseeing all of the room division operations. Currently, there has been no successor appointed.
luvFclass and Hydro88 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:18 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Tim Hunt, the Front Office Manager, is transitioning effective 15 November to the PH Saigon where he will be overseeing all of the room division operations. Currently, there has been no successor appointed.
Appreciate the Post and update ^
Tim is a Hyatt Legend and a truly great guy
He will be missed from Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.
His guests and associates where he held court at his previous post @ Park Hyatt Sydney still miss him and hold him in the highest regard
Wishing him a great transition to the Park Hyatt Saigon.They will be truly fortunate to have his dedicated service in house
Pat89339 and luvFclass like this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I don't love this hotel. The breakfast is great and the standard rooms ok. Breakfast is excellent. The restaurants like the steakhouse in the hotel fabulous...one of my favorites.

My big issue? Getting a taxi. The queues can be really long especially because there are some many conferences and conventions held in and near the hotel. For some reason Uber seems to take a while too. I don't like the walk to the MTR is crazy hot and in a suit, or raining. Overall the property is pretty nice but the transportation remains an issue. I've been trying HR lately and prefer it even though it is clearly a level or 2 below GH in terms of luxury. I will try the new Centric next week I think as trying to use an expiring certificate.
Yes, I stayed here a few times and I was never very impressed compared to some other options. The transportation issue is annoying because it isn't super convenient unless your attending the convention center in which case I would use it for that.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Red259
Yes, I stayed here a few times and I was never very impressed compared to some other options. The transportation issue is annoying because it isn't super convenient unless your attending the convention center in which case I would use it for that.
Do you ever use the MTR?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by moondog
Do you ever use the MTR?
I do. It's quite a long walk (1/2 mile) to Wan Chai, and then you have to change at Admiralty to go to Kowloon.

Location of this property is good if you are attending a convention or have business in the immediate area. Otherwise I find it inconvenient. It does suck less than RC or W though.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:50 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee
I do. It's quite a long walk (1/2 mile) to Wan Chai, and then you have to change at Admiralty to go to Kowloon.

Location of this property is good if you are attending a convention or have business in the immediate area. Otherwise I find it inconvenient. It does suck less than RC or W though.
The star ferry wan chai pier is walkable to to the GH if you're trying to go to TST.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I will have an opportunity to say good-bye, and hello to Tim next May as I have a 5 night stay in PH SGN. Can someone PM me his address if possible so I can touch base in advance?

LFC
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Kacee

Let's try 800 meters (my best friend lives in convention plaza, and I do the walk quite often).
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by luvFclass
I will have an opportunity to say good-bye, and hello to Tim next May as I have a 5 night stay in PH SGN. Can someone PM me his address if possible so I can touch base in advance?

LFC
Should just be his [email protected]
luvFclass likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Let's try 800 meters (my best friend lives in convention plaza, and I do the walk quite often).
It's still relatively inconvenient. About 10min door to door. I find the location subpar, too. Otherwise it's a very nice hotel, though.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:47 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Well good that we can all agree that half a mile is 800m . Yay units.

The problem isn't the distance, it's the weather. On an evening like tonight it would be a lovely walk. On a hot and humid day (80% of the time in HK) wearing work attire it would be absolutely miserable.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Well good that we can all agree that half a mile is 800m . Yay units.

The problem isn't the distance, it's the weather. On an evening like tonight it would be a lovely walk. On a hot and humid day (80% of the time in HK) wearing work attire it would be absolutely miserable.
Touché on the 800m is almost half a mile catch. I guess I've gotten so used to sub 1k walks that it never dawned on me.

But, even in hot weather, it's not so bad because you can use the covered walkway and there is an elavator into the subway station.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by Aventine
Should just be his [email protected]
Nope did not work as email bounced back. No worries, as I will contact PH SGN hotel directly as I get closer to my 2020 stay.

Thanks though.

LFC
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Let's try 800 meters
Right. Half a mile

In track, they call the 1500 meters the "metric mile."
moondog likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.