Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:04 pm
soy

Programs: various
Standard Timeshare pitch. Great property, so if you are confident you can withstand the sales pitch, jump on it.
The residences go for 20k per night
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Any idea about this promo deal:

Enjoy a vacation in one of the most scenic areas on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Experience a one-of-a-kind 3-night stay at Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation, all for only $240. Plus, explore new possibilities with 10,000 Bonus Points.
I've never done this with Hyatt, but it sounds just like Marriott in that it'll be a 90 minute (boring yet pressured) sales pitch to get you to do timeshare.

Both you and your spouse/significant other (if there is one) have to attend, so if you have little kids, someone will need to watch them. Although, it might be a good technique to bring little kids to the sales pitch, and I suspect they'd get you out in less than 90 minutes if the kids were rambunctious.

I don't know if you are Globalist, but the $240 rate typically includes the resort fee, so it is a pretty reasonable rate.

My family (kids 6, 6, and 4) enjoyed the property a lot.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I've never done this with Hyatt, but it sounds just like Marriott in that it'll be a 90 minute (boring yet pressured) sales pitch to get you to do timeshare.
Thanks, rate is reasonable and we don't mind sitting and listening to them for 90 min, but I'd like to find this kind of deal in Hawaii not in Florida.
If there is one in Hawaii please let me know.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Thanks, rate is reasonable and we don't mind sitting and listening to them for 90 min, but I'd like to find this kind of deal in Hawaii not in Florida.
If there is one in Hawaii please let me know.
https://www.hyattresidenceclub.com/vacation-offers

The offers in Hawaii are obviously not as cheap as the ones in Texas and Florida.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:37 pm

Do you need to be targetted for this or can anyone call in for these offers - specifically the Hawaii one?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I hope that at some point Hyatt will review their terms for vacation club ownership. In my line of work it is extremely unlikely I will ever wish to purchase a home. I make a good income and otherwise would quality, and am intrigued by the benefits of Time Share ownership. However I am not interested in owning a home just to own a time share.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:07 pm

Have to say I was pretty impressed after a three night stay last weekend. A few thoughts to add to the previous reviews.

Positives
* Upgraded to Island Suite on a basic points stay. Probably the best upgrade I've gotten this year. Suite is amazing and huge.
* Early checkin to suite at noon on arrival and even got a late checkout at 1 pm with the hotel sold out for spring break.
* Staff is really good and helpful. FDA at check-in was great and helpful making sure suite was ready for early checkin. He even came out to the pool and found me to make sure everything was good. When I asked about a late check on Monday another agent worked with housekeeping to get me a 1 pm checkout. Valet and bell guys super friendly and quick. Staff was really a high mark and impressive for a large US resort during spring break.
* Beautiful resort with great pools and plenty of activities. All but one pool is heated to 84 degrees (I asked). I thought it was warm enough; wife thought it was a little cool.
* Pool food was surprisingly good. Expensive but average for a resort.
* Valet is free for globalist on points.
* Boat ride to beach is pretty cool and the beach is very nice.

Negatives
* Housekeeping was a little lacking. Didn't remove dirty coffee mugs one day and didn't turn over room until I called at 4:30 pm the other. Not a huge issue but stands out with such positive inactions with other staff.
* Lounge was disappointing after reading good reviews. I thought it was an average domestic lounge at best. GH Denver was much better last month and its not even close to GH Playa del Carmen. Breakfast selection was meager with one hot item. Evening was a little cheese and veggies with one hot item. Quality didn't make up for lack of quantity. Beer and wines is also a charge now ($3 beer and $4 wine), but even that wasn't very good. Choices were Bud, Miller, Heineken; GH Denver also charged for alcohol but had a great selection of mircobrews for example.
*No access to Residence Club due to spring break March 9-22.

A great resort make even better by the amazing suite and staff. Lounge isn't anything to write home about but plenty of great food choices in the area (Doug's Seafood!). Really liked the resort and area, will definitely head back. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I made a reservation for November a couple of days ago and just double checked on the rates.
i used a TSU and was assigned the Bay Suite (standard suite when booking).

I now realize that ALL suites are deemed Premium Suites. Another way to reduce the ability to use TSU's? Luckily I have already used a TSU.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I made a reservation for November a couple of days ago and just double checked on the rates.
i used a TSU and was assigned the Bay Suite (standard suite when booking).

I now realize that ALL suites are deemed Premium Suites. Another way to reduce the ability to use TSU's? Luckily I have already used a TSU.
They shouldn't be allowed to do that... I'm checking with my concierge to see what room(s) are TSU eligible.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jameswes
They shouldn't be allowed to do that... I'm checking with my concierge to see what room(s) are TSU eligible.
Just verified - Bay Suites are still TSU eligible.

I'm not sure why they changed the category to "premium", but functionally it appears that nothing has changed.
59Impala likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:25 pm

Stayed at the Hyatt resident club last week, manager agreed and was upgraded to a 2 bedrooms suite for small fee, nice property, bunch of pools, lazy river and private island, wet and dry sauna, not too many people.

But had to spend 3.5 hrs to listen to some none sense timeshare ownership presentation (one on one negotiation).

Next time I will be honest and tell them at the beginning of the presentation that I am not here to buy anything from them!

Last edited by UAFAM; May 23, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Old May 24, 2019, 7:16 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Stayed at the Hyatt resident club last week, manager agreed and was upgraded to a 2 bedrooms suite for small fee, nice property, bunch of pools, lazy river and private island, wet and dry sauna, not too many people.

But had to spend 3.5 hrs to listen to some none sense timeshare ownership presentation (one on one negotiation).

Next time I will be honest and tell them at the beginning of the presentation that I am not here to buy anything from them!
Sure tell them upfront, then you can be out in 60 minutes.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
The club lounge no longer offers free wine and beer during the evenings? Did I read that correctly?
Old May 28, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by igoncrazy
The club lounge no longer offers free wine and beer during the evenings? Did I read that correctly?
When I visited in late March of this year, free wine and beer were not offered. My wife did receive generous portions of wine, but I cannot verify whether that was the exception or the rule.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Is it easy (and allowed) to park on the street?

Resort fee of USD 30 is already ridiculous, put paying another USD16 for parking feels like a rip-off..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.