Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 22, 18, 8:14 pm

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
Here now. Many teams here, but no noise issues on our floor. The boardwalk was open today (perhaps just for thanksgiving) and lovely.

Staff are all very friendly and the few items I needed sent up to the room were here impressively fast given occupancy.

At checkin, I was told valet was included as a globalist on an award stay, but there’s a charge to the room so we’ll see at checkout.

One dissapointment: we reserved a 2 queen room, but were given a king instead (with no mention made of it at checkin). Thankfully, my kids are ok sleeping on a pull out sofa.
Old Dec 20, 18, 4:00 pm

So I suspect the drama of the basketball teams is over and done with.... any recent December input?

Arriving post-Christmas and staying through New Years. Hoping the construction and boardwalk have been repaired!
Old Dec 22, 18, 5:32 pm

My wife and I just returned from a short 3 day stay last weekend. We had a good time as always. The resort was almost empty and the boardwalk was fully repaired.

As a globalist, we were upgraded to an Island Suite. However, the concierge lounge had some noticeable downgrades. The food and beverage options have been greatly reduced during breakfast and happy hour. Additionally, they started charging regular restaurant prices for alcoholic beverages without notice, which was a real dissapointment.
peter42 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 18, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by ncfools View Post
My wife and I just returned from a short 3 day stay last weekend. We had a good time as always. The resort was almost empty and the boardwalk was fully repaired.

As a globalist, we were upgraded to an Island Suite. However, the concierge lounge had some noticeable downgrades. The food and beverage options have been greatly reduced during breakfast and happy hour. Additionally, they started charging regular restaurant prices for alcoholic beverages without notice, which was a real dissapointment.
I just talked to the front desk here and they said it is still complementary between 5 p.m. and 7 PM. Outside of those hours there is a fee.
Old Dec 26, 18, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just returned from a short stay on points. (Great Value)
The property is beautiful. Full moon made it more incredible. Used the lazy river and slides and pools! Kids loved it! Staff was great.
Waived resort fee ($30+tax), I did pay self parking $16 (I am Explorist).
I used lounge cert and enjoyed the RC. It is for sure better than any domestic lounge. A handful of choices in the morning (eggs, smoked salmon, fruit, etc) and in the afternoon, cheese, prosciutto, veggies, etc. We were satisfied with lounge. All alcohol was for sale. Spacious enough. There is a espresso machine with Starbucks coffee that we used multiple times. Limited balcony seating.

At 9pm there was live entertainment in lobby, a rock guitarist that was ok.

There are a lot of free activities for kids: face painting, balloons, magic show, rock wall, mini golf, obviously the pools and slides, hot chocolate station, fire pits and smores (Kits for sale); The pool depot has activities every other hour plus the paid kids club (~$55 1/2 day, ~$95 full day). I made the boardwalk an educational activity (Discussed mangroves, etc) and the boat ride to island was fun, saw pelicans, dolphins. The beach has plenty of huge shells, kids played with them for hours.

During our visit it was overcast and in the 60's, it was cold for FL, though the pools are a bit heated, they were still cold, but we braved it and had fun.
The adults hot tub had a bunch of kids and was luke warm.

Minor complaints are that not all rooms have full balconies. Mine had Juliet balcony, I think every other floor is a full balcony. It was really hard to find a microwave to make popcorn, lounge does not have one, I had to call around. Lounge does not have a bathroom, we were not on floor 17, so either go down to room or lobby, a PITA.

But I will return for sure, loved the resort plus waterpark and IMHO, a bargain on points. Staff was great.

Last edited by ORD-TGU; Dec 26, 18 at 1:05 pm
Old Dec 27, 18, 3:10 pm

Policy on alcohol in the lounge must have changed since late August, when I was there on a business trip. Can't comment on the hard stuff, but vino was definitely free between 5 and 7 p.m.
Old Jan 4, 19, 9:14 am
soy

Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
ughh, disappointing to see the end of complimentary happy hour in the RC. The addition of the Parking fees is another negative. This was a outstanding property, but seems to be slipping back to the mean.

Regarding the basketball. This is an annual event and is sponsored in part by Hyatt, so the team stay at the hotel. My 2017 stay overlapped with the tournament, but we saw none of the issues mentioned above other than the fact the hotel and facilities were packed with college teams.
Old Feb 11, 19, 1:53 pm
soy

Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Moving to CAT5 in March, been a rough 12 months for this property. No longer the deal it once was
Old Feb 12, 19, 3:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by soy View Post
Moving to CAT5 in March, been a rough 12 months for this property. No longer the deal it once was
I could not agree more! This was once a special property in terms of redemption but now having gone from 15M to 20M per night, a thirty three per cent increase the luster is gone. Combined with the parking charge (for a suburban location like this ?) taking this hotel out of my portfolio that I visit regularly in South Florida.
Old Mar 2, 19, 8:58 am

What you guys think is the best time to stay at this property? Late spring like late April and early May?
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
What you guys think is the best time to stay at this property? Late spring like late April and early May?
If goal is to avoid crowds, just make sure you don't go during any holiday weekend. Was insane during Presidents day weekend. Am here now and relatively calm. No waitong in line for water slides. Still 84 degrees and has been like this for a while. Between Dec and Mar always a slight chance weather dips below 68 as a high. . Not sure week after Easter. Never been during that time
RedSun likes this.
Old Mar 3, 19, 5:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
I have lived in Naples for the last 35 years and take my grandchildren to the resort regularly if for no other reason in recent years due to the outstanding pool situation. That said, I would say in early May would be better as the Easter Holiday is very late this year (April 21) and the week after could be very crowded due to many schools up North on vacation. May is great as the humidity is not quite as bad as the summer and precipitation is almost zero (My lawn is hardest to keep green in May).

Have fun and be sure to let the front desk know how much you hate their $16 per night parking fee!
RedSun likes this.
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by worldspan View Post
I have lived in Naples for the last 35 years and take my grandchildren to the resort regularly if for no other reason in recent years due to the outstanding pool situation. That said, I would say in early May would be better as the Easter Holiday is very late this year (April 21) and the week after could be very crowded due to many schools up North on vacation. May is great as the humidity is not quite as bad as the summer and precipitation is almost zero (My lawn is hardest to keep green in May).

Have fun and be sure to let the front desk know how much you hate their $16 per night parking fee!
Can you get this fee waived if you are WOH Exp or Globe?
Old Mar 3, 19, 9:20 am

Can you get this fee waived if you are WOH Exp or Globe?
Per WOH terms, parking fees are waived for Globalists on free night bookings only, not paid stays
Old Mar 8, 19, 4:13 pm

Any idea about this promo deal:

Enjoy a vacation in one of the most scenic areas on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Experience a one-of-a-kind 3-night stay at Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation, all for only $240. Plus, explore new possibilities with 10,000 Bonus Points.

Fine print:
DETAILS OF PARTICIPATION
This exclusive vacation invitation is being extended to you by Hyatt Vacation Ownership. Please direct all reservation inquiries to +1 844.770.2582 or [email protected].

ELIGIBILITY
You must have a combined household annual income of at least $75,000, be at least 25 years of age, own a home and be creditworthy. If you are married or cohabitating, we require that both of you attend the vacation ownership sales presentation. The presentation will last approximately 90 minutes (not to exceed 120 minutes). Please bring a driver's license or government issued identification with you.

Please note, if you do not attend your sales presentation or meet the above qualifications of this offer, the credit card on file will be charged the difference of your promotional package and the standard retail value of accommodations at the time of your stay, plus tax.

Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Groups (two or more affiliated couples traveling together), those having participated in a special promotion at this resort in the last 12 months or who have an existing promotion requiring attendance at a sales presentation, current, previous or third-party affiliate employees and their immediate family of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, or Hyatt Residence Club members at this resort are not eligible for this offer. All employees of Hyatt Residence Club or Hyatt Hotels Corporation and their affiliates are not eligible for this offer. One offer per family.

PURCHASE DETAILS
Contact +1 844.770.2582 to purchase this vacation package. A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required at time of purchase with the balance due at the time of booking and confirmation of travel dates. Travel must be completed within 12 months from date of purchase.

Accommodations are for a studio suite at Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, which includes a king bed, full-size sleeper sofa and kitchenette. Promoted rate includes daily resort fee. You will be responsible for any incidental expenses such as parking, transportation, meals, activities, additional expenses and taxes, where applicable.

A limited number of rooms are allocated to this promotion and alternate accommodations may be offered. If you need more space or wish to travel over a nationally recognized holiday, additional accommodations or dates may be available at a higher price. Promotional blackout dates may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Maximum occupancy by selected accommodation type will apply. Pets, unfortunately, are not permitted on property.

Any certificates or premiums offered in conjunction with your vacation package will be honored after completion of the sales presentation.

RESCHEDULE POLICY
Once your reservation is confirmed, you have one complimentary reschedule within 3 days of booking travel dates. You may request changes up to 30 days prior to check-in date with $75 non-refundable change fee. Reschedule is not allowed within 30 days of check-in date.

Your sales presentation will be scheduled during the booking of your vacation travel dates. Presentation times cannot be changed once they have been scheduled.

CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellations must be made in writing within 15 days of the package purchase date or package purchase price is not refundable. A refund will be issued within 15 days of the receipt of notice of cancellation. Cancellation notices must be sent to Hyatt Residence Club, Cancellation Department, 140 Fountain Parkway North, Suite 570, St. Petersburg, FL 33716.

WORLD OF HYATT
Due to the special nature of this offer, we are unable to offer World of Hyatt member benefits including upgrades, expedited check-in, certain welcome amenities, extended check-out or other World of Hyatt membership benefits typically associated with a paid stay.

Search this Thread