Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by gunksny
Feb 2016 - c&p booking+ DSU , no resort fee charged. Taxes charged.

Feb 2017 - resort fees and taxes charged on c&p booking+ DSU, not charged on full points and free night booking

Bottom line as confirmed by two managers : resort fees are charged on any revenue stays including p&c, waived on any free or full pts bookings.
Good news is that resort fees will be waived for all stays for globalists in another couple weeks
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by bjk497
Good news is that resort fees will be waived for all stays for globalists in another couple weeks
Just stayed here with a Chase free night on Feb 24 and Feb 25 and with points on Feb 26. Called ahead of time and they combined the reservation together so that we wouldn't have to change rooms or anything. The water park updates are awesome! We saw dolphins twice on the boat out to Big Hickory, which was great! Can't say enough good things about the place. Upon checkout, we were told we had a zero balance and so far, nothing has appeared on my credit card. So I can also confirm no taxes or resort fees when using your annual free night and/or points.

We had hoped to stay a 4th night with cash plus points, but that was never an option in the month or Feb or March of 2017.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:16 am

Just completed 6 night stay. Gorgeous property. New waterpark is sweet! Nice slides x 3 plus original slide and pool. Island beach reached via boat shuttle. Bring a cooler...no facilities except bathrooms. Staff friendly. Regency Club bit above average. C & P stay and was NOT charged resort fee. Would highly recommend for a family vacation.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by emrdoc
Just completed 6 night stay. Gorgeous property. New waterpark is sweet! Nice slides x 3 plus original slide and pool. Island beach reached via boat shuttle. Bring a cooler...no facilities except bathrooms. Staff friendly. Regency Club bit above average. C & P stay and was NOT charged resort fee. Would highly recommend for a family vacation.
Must have crossed paths at some point! Checked out yesterday after a 5 night stay. Echo all of your sentiments. Spent the first couple of nights in a Bay Suite which is a great room for a family. Remains one of the best value cat 4's in the US imo. Also was not charged resort fee on C&P nights but they messed up the billing when combining some reservations so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:35 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jstern35
Must have crossed paths at some point! Checked out yesterday after a 5 night stay. Echo all of your sentiments. Spent the first couple of nights in a Bay Suite which is a great room for a family. Remains one of the best value cat 4's in the US imo. Also was not charged resort fee on C&P nights but they messed up the billing when combining some reservations so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Are you Globalist ? Resort fees are waived on all eligible rates, including P+C.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by emrdoc
"Bring a cooler": Does the hotel have cooler for guest check out or do we have to bring one from home? Thank you!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by milemission
"Bring a cooler": Does the hotel have cooler for guest check out or do we have to bring one from home? Thank you!
You can rent one for $10 for 24 hrs in the lobby store.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Originally Posted by anubond005
You can rent one for $10 for 24 hrs in the lobby store.
However, there are signs in the public outdoor seating area reminding guests that coolers are NOT permitted. Guess that was a problem at some point?!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by gunksny
However, there are signs in the public outdoor seating area reminding guests that coolers are NOT permitted. Guess that was a problem at some point?!
May be becaz people were bringing there own booze in hotel n not buying from bar. I saw lot of people renting coolers for the beach as you are allowed to take ur personal alcohol there.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:40 pm

Suite upgrade with points

Is there a way to upgrade to Bay Suite using points on top of either point or cash reservation, since I am only Explorist now and don't have any DSUs?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by ericATL
Is there a way to upgrade to Bay Suite using points on top of either point or cash reservation, since I am only Explorist now and don't have any DSUs?
6000 points per night to upgrade a paid stay to a suite
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by bjk497
6000 points per night to upgrade a paid stay to a suite
But paying the 6000 points only works if you pay an eligible cash rate. Points and cash is ineligible.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
But paying the 6000 points only works if you pay an eligible cash rate. Points and cash is ineligible.
Do you think I could use a club upgrade cert on top of upgrade with points?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone know the email for this hotel. I emailed [email protected] but no reply. Thank you!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by milemission
Anyone know the email for this hotel. I emailed [email protected] but no reply. Thank you!
Any chance you have a Facebook account? The hotel has their own page, and a direct message should provide a quick response. The downside is that you may not necessarily receive a response from a manager (if that is your intended audience), but at the very least you can request direct contact information via this method.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.