Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
Ack! Yes, no, maybe? Sorry... had some technical difficulties with my camera.

Here are the pics I took:

http://share.pho.to/AV4Oy

And here is a video I shot as well (try not to mind my pasty white legs... the guy running the slides thought I was from Alaska, not Arizona lol). The camera fogged up half way down because the water was warm.

http://sendvid.com/ey0uh8uj

The slide on the left (on the right if you are at the top of the tower) is faster than the one on the right. Also, I noticed that the there was a slight rough spot towards the bottom of the right slide and it scratched my left foot a bit the first time couple of times. I just raised my foot up the other times I went down to avoid whatever that imperfection was.

Also, just a tip - splash some water on the side of the inner tube when you get ready to go down the white slide. I could feel it sticking a few places the second day we rode the slides. Maybe they throttled the water back or something. You could also go down on one of the two-seater tubes but we didn't end up doing that.

IIRC the new pool & lazy river hours were 9a-5p.... the other pools stayed open til 10p I think.
Thanks! ^
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:23 am
soy

Programs: various
I just missed the opening of the new waterpark area by 2days, but I re-iterate the other comments about this being somewhere I would return.
Actually my only negative was the rather limited options on the various menus....but that is subjective and others may feel differently.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:30 pm

Anyone have recommendations for to and from airport for a family of 5?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:28 pm

Anyone have any recent reports of resort fee's and taxes still being waived for C&P stays?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Jstern35
Anyone have any recent reports of resort fee's and taxes still being waived for C&P stays?
The resort fees were waived for me in Nov '16, but they still charged $11 in taxes per night.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
I was there on 2 different occasions in December and neither time was I charged a resort fee or any kind of tax. That combined with no self parking charges and their awesome new pool. I will be there frequently in the coming year. I am just a Platinum. Having that 2pm late checkout makes such a difference in giving my grandchildren additional pool time.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Originally Posted by worldspan
I was there on 2 different occasions in December and neither time was I charged a resort fee or any kind of tax. That combined with no self parking charges and their awesome new pool. I will be there frequently in the coming year. I am just a Platinum. Having that 2pm late checkout makes such a difference in giving my grandchildren additional pool time.
Interesting - resort fees I could see getting waived, but getting taxes waived seems unlikely (except on full points stays where no $$ exchanges hands).

I booked through the mobile site, and they are very clear during the booking process and on the confirms that a resort fee will be levied. Curious to see how that works out.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:11 am

Good to know... I'm booking a stay in March and am debating straight points or C&P. Just as long as at least resort fee's are still being waived, looks like I'll be going C&P. . Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:53 am

Had anyone stayed here on full Award recently? Are resort fees being charged for full point or free cc night stays?

Last edited by gunksny; Jan 24, 2017 at 8:00 am
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Never any (stay related) fees on full award stay.... and that's not property specific.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jstern35
stayed on cash and points using DSU over Christmas break last month. Did not waive resort fees and did not waive any taxes. Mentioned to them that i had some have had their fees waived and both front desk agents seemed genuinely shocked to know that had occurred. Maybe b/c I was in a suite over Christmas they on a DSU they felt the need to recoup some of their losses from not getting top dollar for suites.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
stayed on cash and points using DSU over Christmas break last month. Did not waive resort fees and did not waive any taxes.
That sucks. As I posted up thread I only paid $11 of tax each night on my 5 night C&P stay... and I used a DSU.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
That sucks. As I posted up thread I only paid $11 of tax each night on my 5 night C&P stay... and I used a DSU.
Could it depend on how its booked? IE : mobile app vs website vs direct booking vs GPP? This year I have a few nights booked on full points and C&P - all my confirms state there will be a resort fee charged.

Last year around this time I booked a C&P stay + DSU and wasn't charged a resort fee. Don't recall what the confirm said back then.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
stayed on cash and points using DSU over Christmas break last month. Did not waive resort fees and did not waive any taxes. Mentioned to them that i had some have had their fees waived and both front desk agents seemed genuinely shocked to know that had occurred. Maybe b/c I was in a suite over Christmas they on a DSU they felt the need to recoup some of their losses from not getting top dollar for suites.
I used C+P 12/25-12/29. Resort fee was not waived. No DSU used (no availability by the time I booked)
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:08 pm

Resort fee experience

Feb 2016 - c&p booking+ DSU , no resort fee charged. Taxes charged.

Feb 2017 - resort fees and taxes charged on c&p booking+ DSU, not charged on full points and free night booking

Bottom line as confirmed by two managers : resort fees are charged on any revenue stays including p&c, waived on any free or full pts bookings.

Originally Posted by bjk497
I used C+P 12/25-12/29. Resort fee was not waived. No DSU used (no availability by the time I booked)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.