Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis (Downtown) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis (Downtown) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Just remember to leave a trail of breadcrumbs so that you can find your way out. These floors are like a maze.
And whatever you do, do not enter the stairwell at the end of the hall. It only leads out through the garbage room bay that fronts along LaSalle.
(too tempting to think there is an easier way down and out of the building).
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: NWA PE, Delta Pt, United 1P
Anyone stay here recently, what's the Breakfast situation like for globallists?
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kxl19
I’m staying here now and the Market is open. Globalists get vouchers valid for a breakfast item plus beverage (coffee/juice/water) each day. I was told if you wanted to pick another item, it would be covered. Still seems slow, but much better than when I was here in April and it was like a ghost town.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
I’m staying here now and the Market is open. Globalists get vouchers valid for a breakfast item plus beverage (coffee/juice/water) each day. I was told if you wanted to pick another item, it would be covered. Still seems slow, but much better than when I was here in April and it was like a ghost town.
There are a few summer activities in downtown this summer (Pride, aquatennial, fireworks) so I would expect more people to be around.

Does anyone know whether the tower has been opened yet? Earlier they were only using rooms on the first five floors, including the "new"rooms and suites in the back (where the space previously was occupied by function rooms) and the front rooms that included the "deluxe" room category toward the front with Nicollet Mall views that seemed to be junior suites with Murphy beds in addition to regular king/queen beds.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:24 pm

We enjoyed our 950 sq ft upgrade to the Park Suite - essentially a double room suite with one room # being the bedroom and one room # being the living room / dining room / breakfast bar area.

Check your credit card if you're a globalist staying on points; they said at check- in and check-out that my bill was $0 (in fact, at check out he said there was even no receipt to print because there were no charges) but saw my credit card bill a few days later had the $30/day parking charges that I had to contact them about.

Otherwise, the breakfast at the marketplace isn't amazing but I enjoyed the simplicity (1 drink 1 entrée).
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by kxl19
Breakfast at the marketplace; think grab and go type of items but they can warm them up for you. We did bagel sandwiches and a lox baguette sandwich for breakfast. 1 entree 1 drink (ie: Tropicana juice or brewed coffee).

Retail value probably like $12 per person maybe.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There are a few summer activities in downtown this summer (Pride, aquatennial, fireworks) so I would expect more people to be around.
There are, but downtown is very much way more of a ghost town this summer than it was in 2019. Between less traffic and a lot more security concerns, there is way less going on downtown than usual; and the safety risks are on a whole different level than they were in the handful of years leading up to the pandemic. Of the people I know to have chosen to live downtown even when Minneapolis was sometimes referred to as Murderapolis, they are generally more reluctant to wander downtown this summer than ever before. I would be surprised if this hotel too isn’t hurting on REVPAR because of similar concerns.

I was under the impression that the still-far-from-completed Four Seasons is having some major trouble selling its upcoming residences downtown.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
We stayed here Friday night. Metacon is going on at the hotel. Lots of kids in costumes, smaller convention but it's business, the main tower is back to open. Masks are required for unvaxed, recommended for vaxed. Of course tons of people were maskless. We ran into a mom chaperoning her daughter - she told us the con it self required masks.

I used a free night, they do have valet on some nights, and the breakfast buffet is open.

We were upgraded to a select suite - room 2339. It's at the end of the hall, final 2 rooms merged to be one. The bathroom has a whirlpool tub.

Pictures below

Room 2339 extra sink

Room 2339 Seating area

Room 2339 King Bed

Room 2339 Bathroom

Breakfast was simply a buffet, it was pretty good. I preferred to order from the menu pre covid. But it's nice that it's open again.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Back here. Not much has changed from 2021 reports. No lounge, but hotel is offering breakfast in the restaurant or options from grab-and-go. One frustrating thing is that the grab-and-go is only open until 6 PM and the gym is only open until 9 PM, even during what was a very busy convention week at the hotel.

I would say soundproofing is a legitimate concern at this hotel. There's signs on each floor about quiet time starting at 10 PM. We found that both of the rooms next to ours had sound bleed into our room after that timeframe. One side was a family with kids staying up late one night and the other was a gathering of 5-6 adults the following evening. I don't usually have those issues at other hotels, so I'm inclined to think it might be an issue here.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:56 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by steveholt
I would say soundproofing is a legitimate concern at this hotel. There's signs on each floor about quiet time starting at 10 PM. We found that both of the rooms next to ours had sound bleed into our room after that timeframe. One side was a family with kids staying up late one night and the other was a gathering of 5-6 adults the following evening. I don't usually have those issues at other hotels, so I'm inclined to think it might be an issue here.
Agree for sure, on my last stay (suite upgrade) I was woken up to the sounds of the neighbors nightime adventures. Was not best pleased
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Sound Proofing is definitely an issue with this hotel. I've got many many stays here now so we're virtually always put into a better suite then the executive ones.

I took only one picture last night, there are new pillows in the Park Suite - 5126:

New Pillows in Room 5126 at downtown MN HR

The breakfast since June has been Ala Cart or the Buffet. New this time was the set up at the entrance - we ordered and got a number to take to our table.

My omelet was huge - must have been 4 or 5 eggs!
Old Jan 2, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I just finished a stay here for a bit of a staycation and some strategic cheap nights toward 2023. I booked a base king and before check-in was upgraded to executive row at the end of the maze. This was my first time staying on the backside so went with it, I agree with others that the room is dark and not particularity quiet. 4PM was proactively offered, breakfast offerings were a choice of menu or an enhanced buffet over my last stay here. Buffet was only offered on NYE and NY Day, menu only on 1/2. Staff was upbeat and responsive to the few requests I had.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 8:37 pm
soy

Programs: various
Back again, restaurant now open and Globalist choice of buffet or a la carte breakfast. It appears club is closed for good
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:39 pm

Quick 1 night stay. Place was a zoo with the Taylor Swift concert and a few conferences.

No upgrade at all. Room was tired and smelled musty/smoky. Uncomfortable bed.

We were proactively told we are not entitled to late checkout due to it being “busy” at the front desk and via an email on the morning of checkout, which I found to be tacky and I’m pretty sure is against the T&C. It’s not a resort property.

Breakfast was $100 for us two which was more than enough. Quality was hit or miss. Coffee, “fresh” juice, cappuccino, and fruit were awful. Pancakes and yogurt & berries were pretty good.

Was charged ~$50 for valet so now I’ll have to follow up and try and get the charge removed. A one-and-done property for me. Pretty disappointed with the Hyatt options in MN.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:10 am

The Hyatt Centric is now my favorite hotel in MPLS. It was historically the
Grand Hotel that was the fanciest hotel in MPLS. The Centric location is
good and I think it is still connected to the Historic Minneapolis Althletic
Club. Location is good and it is on the skyway. Bar drinks and food at the
bar (I think no restaurant) were good local Chef movement dishes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.