Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

AMEX / US Travel Hyatt Points deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX / US Travel Hyatt Points deal

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Delta Diamond
anyone know the pre-sale code?
Old May 9, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by pkao
623A5
Old May 9, 2012, 10:01 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by pkao
623A5
Old May 9, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Delta Diamond
Thanks!

Originally Posted by vrbaba
623A5
Originally Posted by peteropny
623A5
Thanks guys. I was able to get a pre-sale one.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
623A5 only applied to the small offering.
What is the best way to be involved on the opening minute - would it be refresh your screen on all available offers, or is there a better screen from which to start?
Old May 9, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by Flying Bat
623A5 only applied to the small offering.
What is the best way to be involved on the opening minute - would it be refresh your screen on all available offers, or is there a better screen from which to start?
I have to say that was disappointing. We tried the presale and the regular sale, for all offers, but they were all sold out within less than 1 minute!
Old May 9, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
I have to say that was disappointing. We tried the presale and the regular sale, for all offers, but they were all sold out within less than 1 minute!
Agreed thumbs down to Hyatt should have been 10x the number of offers available.

Last edited by escapefromphl; May 9, 2012 at 11:23 am
Old May 9, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
It, literally, seemed like less than a second to me.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
All gone
Old May 9, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Dear Hyatt,

You owe me 25 mins of my life back for that fruitless exercise..
Old May 9, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I mobilized the Red Team (long story about that name) and had 7 people trying to get in.

I was the only one who succeeded; I got the 69K point package.

The only thing I can say is, I refreshed repeatedly, and have a T1 connection.

It does seem like the publicity was much much greater this year than in past years.

Seems like maybe Hyatt could leverage the promo by running a "get 50% bonus on point purchases" promotion. Yes it would be a lot more expensive than the US Travel thingy, but let's face it, they are looking for buzz, not necessarily to give something away.

Anyone who spent more than 2 minutes in a "fruitless" exercise has no cause to complain. If you didn't get in right away, you weren't going to get in. That was pretty clear to me from the start.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
This is the only daily wishlist offer I wasn't able to get. Shows how ridiculous hard it was with so few available.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
No luck here either. The # of packages was a huge let down, especially considering how many the other hotel chains offered. This was the only day I wasn't able to get at least one of the packages and that included a couple Wyndham packages, a couple Hertz, one Hilton, & one Marriott.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redtop43
I feel like I'm trying to get Springsteen tickets. I really want as many of these as I can get, and I have a couple (legal legitimate) tricks up my sleeve; no I'm not sharing. As noted in another post, I'm trying to get enough points to take my in-laws to Paris and I'll need a total of about 150-200,000 to do it.
So how many did you actually get?

If it's not enough -- which I suspect is the case -- just rent an apartment in Paris and bring along your in-laws. Or go on priceline/hotwire and buy a few rooms.

The amount of interest in this deal which, objectively, isn't particularly great, is remarkable. I think folks like to win something. If I were to post a deal for a nice $240 hotel room in Paris, I don't think I'd start a sensation.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:25 am

0 for me, too. I have T1 connection, refreshed like a mad man. What a waste of time. Gave me high from the rush, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.