Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Old Dec 23, 2001, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

I'm going to need a suite at the Hyatt CDG that has a separate living room with a door separating the living room from the bedroom. Has anyone stayed in a suite at this hotel and can tell me if the Executive Suite they show on their web site meets my needs. The website also mentions a "south wing" - are there two wings to this hotel and is one preferable to another?
Thanks for any advice.
Old Dec 23, 2001, 6:49 pm
In Memoriam

JIMCHI,
I have never been in the CDG Hyatt so I can't answer any specific question but I did find a floor plan for the Executive Suite on the below webpage. It looks like it does have a seperate bedroom.

http://paris.hyatt.com/paris/acom/ac05a.html
Old Dec 24, 2001, 2:11 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I thought it was a very nice hotel -- the RC is fine. It's in the middle of nowhere if you don't have a car, you are stuck.
Old Dec 24, 2001, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

We are there for only one day and night and won't have a car. I thought it would be easier than hauling all the luggage into Paris. I understand there are two airport bus services and a rail line that connect CDG to central Paris. Any info anyone has about the easiest way to get to the Champs Elysse area would be appreciated.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Yes, this was meant to be a joke. Seriously, I've not yet been to the hotel but I have passed it many times on the motorway. I don't know how it is connected to the city but their website says there would be a direct express train to the city. http://paris.hyatt.com/paris/loca/loca.html

Ask them on the phone when making the reservation!

Muerz
Old Dec 25, 2001, 12:56 pm

Never stayed there and don't know how many you are, but from CDG you can take:

1) RER B train line to downtown paris (Les Halles or St Michel would be 25 to 30 min).
Don't remember the cost but it should be around 10 euros/pers.

2) Take Air France buses (30 min at least) to either Charles de Gaulles Etoile (Arc de triomphe -west of paris), or Gare de Lyon (east) or Montparnasse (south). Cost is around 8 euro/pers.

3) Take a cab to anywhere you want. According to traffic condition and time of the day, count from 30 euro and up per car.

If you plan to spend the evening and have dinner in downtown paris, I would advise to stay in a downtown hotel. Commuting late night by train is not recommanded and you would pay extra fee for night time with a taxi.

[This message has been edited by Didier (edited 12-25-2001).]
Old Dec 25, 2001, 2:45 pm
trd

the hotel has a shuttle van that runs between the terminals (and the train station)-- for the life of me (this was last year) I could not find out where to wait for the shuttle at the terminal -- eventually I just stood out side and after a while was able to flag is down.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 2:46 pm

I agree with Didier. My wife and I have stayed at the hotel twice (it's a nice hotel). They have a shuttle that leaves about every 30 minutes. I believe it makes 3 stops around the airport. You want the stop that takes you to the RER. You'll take that into Paris and can follow the directions posted above. I always enjoyed the rides back and forth. You get to see parts of Paris that you wouldn't normally see if you are staying in the city. It was also pretty quiet at night. No trouble sleeping. Have fun.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 2:52 pm

trd mentions something that is tricky. Where do you wait for the shuttle. It took several times before we found a good spot. There's statues in the station. So we always looked for certain ones. Take the escalators all the way up and then the stairs. You are basically on the back side of the Sheraton. It has a pointed front and you can see cars coming from that direction. All of the hotel shuttles stopped there. There's a sliding door at the top of the stairs. We just waited inside where it was warm until our shuttle showed up.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

The RER sounds fine except for the poorly defined waiting area. I've had this happen twice before at airport hotels in the U.S. and we have vowed NEVER again unless there is a clearly marked waiting area and an actual schedule. It sounds like this is a distaster in the making for us. Didn't the Hyatt shuttle drop you off at the same place it was going to pick you up? Maybe the Air France Bus or Roissy Bus are better alternatives ???
Old Dec 27, 2001, 9:01 am

I've stayed at this hotel many, many times -- usually in the Regency Club. I've haven't seen the suites at the hotel, but in general the rooms are very well appointed. I've also found that hotel management (not necessarily that staff) is very responsive to feedback and suggestions/requests. I've only spent one night at a time there - just as you're suggesting, when going to the airport.

My normal routine (which I'd suggest) is taking the RER B from Paris to the Terminal 1 stop. Be careful to get out at the first CDG stop. When you come out of the RER you need to go up the elevator or stairs to the main level and out of the subway turnstile. The Hyatt shuttle picks up from the area behind you to your left (as you come through the turnstile) -- i.e. it's not from the main area where the shuttle buses are to the airport terminal.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE ATTENTIVE to watch for the shuttle bus and be near the doors to go outside. The bus comes around the circle very quickly sometimes and doesn't stop to pick up passengers if the driver doesn't immediately see anyone that looks like they want to get on -- I've missed the bus several times this way.

You can also get a cab there (which I'd recommend if you miss the shuttle) because it's very inexpensive and there's no waiting.

In the morning, make sure you understand when the last bus to the airport departs -- they used to stop ridiculously early (9:30 or so). Again, you can get a taxi very inexpensively.

The Regency Club at the Hyatt is very nice and there is fresh coffee available on the Gold Passport and Regency Club floors along with news papers. For dinner, you will have to eat at the hotel since there are no restaurants near, but both room service and the buffet in the restaurant are very good quality and reasonably priced.

------------------
US Chairman's, CO Platinum, AA Gold; Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Old Dec 27, 2001, 10:37 am

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
Jimchi,

I've stayed at this hotel many times and they have several beautiful suites that I'm sure will more than satisfy you. (I mean, they are monsterous!) It's a very nice property with a great staff. The only problem is its distance from the center of Paris. And as Didier stated you can take the RER. The Hyatt bus will tke you to/from the station. But there are also some very nice restaurants within reasonable taxi distance and the staff is very helpful.

Have a great time!
Old Jan 1, 2002, 8:42 am

hmm, the RER B stops in some of the worst parts of Paris on its way to CDG. I've never had trouble on it but do not feel particularly comfortable taking it late at night in an empty car. Dress down and keep your eyes open.
Some trains go straight to the airport from the last city stop (Gare du Nord?) and would obviously be preferable.

The Air France bus that goes to Charles de Gaulle Etoile would be at least as fast, a lot more pleasant, cost the same, and drop you just at the top of the Champs-Elysées. However its frequency drops down at night.

Taxis have run me between 200 and 300FF from CDG to downtown Paris.
Old May 16, 2003, 12:04 pm

How to get shuttle to Hyatt CDG Airport?

I am arriving at CDG Airport terminal 2D. Will the Hyatt automatically stop, and if so, does anyone recall what exit? Is it necessary to call? That could be difficult with most pay phones requiring cards.
Old May 16, 2003, 3:02 pm
trd

a couple of years ago, during a baggage handlers strike (it is France isn't it) I wandered around for quite a while looking for a sign (or something) I ended up just standing outside for while and flagged him down -- there probably is a better way, but it worked for me. A very nice hotel -- to bad it's in the middle of the airport property, not good for much else.

[This message has been edited by trd (edited 05-16-2003).]
WISEMEN likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.