Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by pdb
I am surprised to hear about a charge of EUR 5 for the bus to Paris. That has always been free to guests.
I'll be at the hotel next month as well for SIAL Exhibition, and I printed out the transport info off hyatt's website. It says that the shuttle to/from Paris l'Opera is EUR 8.00 each way.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG gold,Marriott silver, AA, UA, Delta
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I'll be at the hotel next month as well for SIAL Exhibition, and I printed out the transport info off hyatt's website. It says that the shuttle to/from Paris l'Opera is EUR 8.00 each way.
Road the shuttle last January at no cost. I told them I was transfering to PH Vendome, perhaps that made a difference. Yes, 1 breakfast was in the restaurant and the other in the RC lounge.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was here on a Sat night this past March, and the shuttle into the city was free (at that time). The RC lounge offerings were nice, and while they did have coffee, juice & breads laid out for breakfast, they also gave me the full buffet in the main restaurant. I found it to be a very nice as well as much cheaper alternative to staying in Paris, especially if you're not planning on dining in the city or staying out late. The day I was there, it rained most of the day, and I spent hours at the Louvre, then did some shopping before catching the 6pm bus back to the hotel, where after a nice restful bath, I had a bite to eat, then went to the RC, where I was the only guest. (PS there is a computer available in the RC for guests use.)
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:58 am
Community Director Emerita

Liked the hotel; didn't like it as a base for getting into Paris

I've just spent a night at the CDG Hyatt. It's a lovely hotel, even more so when you realize it is an airport hotel.

The staff is delightful. I have rarely experienced such consistent warmth from every employee.

The lobby is contemporary and welcoming. I like the way it flows into the dining area and the bar area.

Treatment of diamonds is excellent. I was giving Regency Club access, a bottle of wine, a bottle of Evian, and a plate with a few sweets. (I did not get a larger room or suite as some have reported.)

The Regency Club is small and pleasant. There is only one computer; it is free, which is great; it is poorly sited, which is tough on your back. It is on a low side table which requires hunching over to use the mouse.

However, it didn't work for me for Paris access. I was there on a Sunday, with no hotel van to central Paris. Rather, once I took the hotel van to the hotel, I would need to have taken it back to the RER and then do the reverse on my return. The hotel cycles thru the airport and the RER station, so it is a fairly time consuming process. Also, at least on Sunday afternoons and evenings, the van only goes every 20 minutes.

I would happily use this hotel for an overnight stay at CDG again, but I would not use it if I wanted a half day in Paris.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt GP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IC Amb.
How does this property stack up to the otherr two Hyatts in Paris, besides the obvious location difference? Is it practical to stay here for more than one night?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by davidjdewey
How does this property stack up to the otherr two Hyatts in Paris, besides the obvious location difference? Is it practical to stay here for more than one night?
It's a completely different hotel. The prices are much less as it's an airport hotel and not in the center of Paris. Unless you are having a conference near there, I can't see any reason to stay more than one night.

What I like best about this hotel is the fitness center. It's very nice for an airport hotel. The service is great too. I got an RC upgrade last time even as a Platinum member.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG gold,Marriott silver, AA, UA, Delta
Originally Posted by davidjdewey
At 8000 pts. it's a tremendous bargain, but we only find it practical for 1st day in or last night out of central Paris area when using CDG.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 1:00 pm

Just recently stayed at the CDG Hyatt and was somewhat disappointed. Frist, the good: given RC access, room was clean, and desk staff were professional and friendly. The bad; The food in the RC is now very limited from other stays 2 years ago, both in the evening and the morning, No offer of breakfast downstairs. The restaurant at dinner was a buffet with prices separtely for entree, main course, cheese, dessert or for 46 euros you get it all. the staff and food at dinner were pretty bad. Food was cold, staff was even colder. the sesserts were very good though. All in all an ok stay, but hotel has gone downhill somewhat from previous stays.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 1:45 pm

I am a frequent guest at the HR CDG and I have never been disappointed.

For me, the HRCDG is an airport hotel and, as such, I tend to care more about LOCATION, sound proofing and the reliability of the shuttle service than I do about the RC offerings or the food.

I am somewhat puzzled by your statement that ther was "no offer of breakfast downstairs". Having been upgraded to the Club level as a Diamond, I don't think that I have ever been given a choice of breakfast venue.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 2:46 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I am somewhat puzzled by your statement that ther was "no offer of breakfast downstairs". Having been upgraded to the Club level as a Diamond, I don't think that I have ever been given a choice of breakfast venue.
On some weekends and holidays, no breakfast is served in the RC--they just leave some croissants--so they grant access to the full breakfast buffet downstairs...very nice spread.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 3:20 pm

I was responding that previous posts stated breakfast was offered downstairs. The post by pdb cleared it up that is it sometimes offered on weekends.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I had the impression it is offered regularly on weekends, but haven't spent so many there that I can say for sure.
I have to say the RC evening food offerings the last time I was there were quite meager. I do really like the RC's late hours; so many other clubs close so early, and I have always found the hotel's staff to be quite lovely.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:45 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by rfrost
I had the impression it is offered regularly on weekends, but haven't spent so many there that I can say for sure.
I have to say the RC evening food offerings the last time I was there were quite meager. I do really like the RC's late hours; so many other clubs close so early, and I have always found the hotel's staff to be quite lovely.
Was it Tomatoes and mozarella cheese ? I agree with you it quite meager and quite the same. WHERE IS THE HOT FOOD !!!!
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Could anyone comment if they've got a secure parking area at this property? Also, rates are either 110€ with no meals, 140€ with Breakfast for two or 220€ with breakfast as well as a three meal dinner for two. Which one is the best deal of those?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:19 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by Muerz
Could anyone comment if they've got a secure parking area at this property? Also, rates are either 110€ with no meals, 140€ with Breakfast for two or 220€ with breakfast as well as a three meal dinner for two. Which one is the best deal of those?
There is secure parking on site, but I don't recall the charge. I can't comment on the 3 course dinner for 2; however, the additional €30 for breakfast for 2 seems reasonable, given that they have a very elaborate breakfast buffet. As mentioned elsewhere, for Diamonds or those with RC access, this property generally provides access to the breakfast buffet on weekends and holidays, instead of continental fare at the RC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.