Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt CDG REVIEW - MASTER THREAD [left 31Mar23]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience tallies with that of GUWonder, down to the shuttle issue.
I found the breakfast very good. Eggs can be done to order, so there was no need to wait for them. The rooms did not look dated to me (a couple of months ago), and the nibbles in the lounge were generally very decent.
Staff was OK, some very friendly and a couple with an attitude problem, but it is rare to be in a large hotel in France who does not have the odd 'difficult' member of staff or two.
Old May 30, 2005, 7:49 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
my experience of the CDG Hyatt with 3 stays in the last year has been quite good. i must agree with the correspondent who observed that it is rare in the land of charles de gaulle not to have a difficult employee
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'll be in Paris at the end of March for just one night with an early flight out of CDG the next morning. I'm trying to decide between the Sheraton or Hyatt CDG. Hyatt's website mentions a complimentary shuttle bus that leaves from central Paris (near l'opera) at 6pm Mon-Sat. (yes, just once a day--but oddly no mention of that same bus going from CDG into Paris ) Has anyone had any experience with this bus? As Diamond with Hyatt & Plat with Starwood I assume I'll get a decent upgrade at either hotel. My biggest concern was how much of a hassle is it to go from the airport--to the Hyatt to check in, then back to the airport for the RER just to get into Paris.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:17 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by mauld
I'll be in Paris at the end of March for just one night with an early flight out of CDG the next morning. I'm trying to decide between the Sheraton or Hyatt CDG. Hyatt's website mentions a complimentary shuttle bus that leaves from central Paris (near l'opera) at 6pm Mon-Sat. (yes, just once a day--but oddly no mention of that same bus going from CDG into Paris ) Has anyone had any experience with this bus? As Diamond with Hyatt & Plat with Starwood I assume I'll get a decent upgrade at either hotel. My biggest concern was how much of a hassle is it to go from the airport--to the Hyatt to check in, then back to the airport for the RER just to get into Paris.
As to the CDG-Opera bus (Pullman), it leaves the Hyatt CDG at 10am every day, except Sunday, and returns from 20 Av. De L' Opera in front of shop called GREY. You can avail yourself of either direction and should your schedule not coincide with the Pullman's, you can take the RER to CDG where you can take the hotel's shuttle bus (Navette) to the hotel. The Pullman is a contracted/outsourced service and needs to be distiguished from the smaller 2 buses (Navettes) which belong to the hotel and which shuttle from the hotel to Terminals 1 and 2 every 15-20 minutes. The RER stops at both Terminal 1 and 2.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:12 pm

Three Cheers For Hyatt Regency CDG

My general impression of airport hotels is not good, usually you get a basic, no frills spot to lay your head between flights. So, with some trepidation, I made a reservation at the Hyatt CDG for one night during a semi MR/MR --mileage /mattress run. I am Diamond and got a AAA rate at this property at E 114. My flight arrived at about 8am and I was able to get the shuttle to the Hyatt CDG at door 5 in terminal 2A. I was able to check in early, was told I was upgraded to the RC floor and was given a large corner / end room with a big bathroom. I was also told that even though the RC would be open, I could have the full breakfast in the hotel dinning room due to my Diamond status . I took the 10am complimentary shuttle bus into Paris and walked around the city all day--as well as taking in the Louvre for the first time. Believe it or not, in all my many trips to Paris, I had never been to the Lourve, and given it was a rainy March Sat in Paris, I was able to get in without a line and explored to my hearts content Being at the musuem, it was a very quick walk back to where the bus would pick everyone up at 6pm for the trip back to the hotel. I did have time to stop at my favorite Monoprix store nearby, and picked up some foodstuffs etc. The bus left exactly on time at 6pm and about 20 min later we were at the hotel. After a quick wash up, I came to the RC, where I found a beautiful array of snacks, beverages--wines, hard liquor, coffees etc and 2 available computers-- one of which I am currently using to post this message . This being a Sat night, I was alone in the club, but with a very helpful staff member. I have taken some pics and will post them when I get back home, but I have to say, if I am ever doing a CDG MR/MR again-- this is the only place I will stay. Sure, I know many of you are thinking, what can you do in the evening at this hotel, when if I were in a central Paris hotel, I would have tons of restaurants, nightspots etc to choose from..... But, on this kind of run, where I am here only one day, I am pretty much exhausted, and by 6 or 7 pm, all I am thinking of is how comfy my bed at the hotel will be, before my 7am wakeup call and my trip back to the US
Old Mar 25, 2006, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by mauld
I took the 10am complimentary shuttle bus into Paris and walked around the city all day
Wow, I didn't know there was a free shuttle into Paris and back. Is it a new service? I was there in September, 2004 and took a free shuttle from the hotel to the RER station at CDG. Does the shuttle run during the weekend?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
This hotel was my first ever Hyatt stay about 6 years ago. I was also pleasantly surprised by this property and the rooms. They're all large and quiet. Quite a treat for the normaly closet sized Parisian hotel rooms.

I had dinner in their lobby restaurant and was also quiet surprise at how good it was.

I would definitely stay there again.

Safe travels home.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:23 am

Mauld I too would like to know about the free shuttle as i have a night there before going into the vendome. I wrote to the hotel but as yet they havent answered me. where does it drop you off and could we take 1 luggage each?
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:44 am
Suspended

I am not really sure, but I guess the option to have breakfast downstairs is only on Sundays, when there is no breakfast service in the RC, beside some croissants and coffee/tea

In addition to Sundays, they often do it in the summer, basically serving a very light menu in the RC in the evening and tell all guests to have breakfast downstairs for free, if demand for the RC is not too high.

The property is probably the worst Hyatt in Europe ( and officially one of the very few Hyatt International properties which is officially only rated as a 4 * hotel )

However the worst Hyatt in Europe is still miles ahead of the average US Hyatt, but the furniture and bathrooms are getting a little bit old, it is vintage very late 1980/early 1990`s design which will probably be changed in a few years...
Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Mauld I too would like to know about the free shuttle as i have a night there before going into the vendome. I wrote to the hotel but as yet they havent answered me. where does it drop you off and could we take 1 luggage each?
The shuttle runs every day--leaving the CDG Hyatt at 10am. It was a regular sized bus with lots of seats as well as a luggage compartment underneath. There were a couple of people going to the Hyatt Madeline, so the driver stopped there first and helped them with their bags (so I think you should be fine taking bags). Its final stop was on the Rue de l'Opera near the Pyramides metro stop (just up from the Louvre, and across from the Monoprix). It picks you up there as well--I got to the bus about 5:50pm and it was there waiting for everyone, and left exactly at 6pm.
This morning I did stop into the RC and was once again told of the complimentary breakfast downstairs--but was also offered coffee, juice and pastries in the lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:51 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Actually, I prefer the breakfast downstairs, as the selection is great. I had a suite on the top floor and the only drawback was there was some airplane noise.

It is good to know about the shuttle into Paris, though you can always take the airport shuttle and then the RER into town. Or, use it one way or the other.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:38 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by ricepaddy2
Wow, I didn't know there was a free shuttle into Paris and back. Is it a new service? I was there in September, 2004 and took a free shuttle from the hotel to the RER station at CDG. Does the shuttle run during the weekend?
Satudays: yes, but not on Sundays.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We have stayed there a number of times and agree it is a wonderful hotel. Very attentive and friendly service. We always stay on the top floor and have never heard any aircraft noise, but it may depend upon takeoff/landing patterns. They offer reasonable rates, compared to the Hyatts in central Paris, so we don't mind the shuttle or RER into Paris.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:00 am

recent experience with Hyatt CDG?

I'll be staying there one night next month on points and would like to know if the info. posted in earlier threads is still current for Diamonds: free & good breakfast buffets at the restaurant, free PC/internet in RC lounge, decent room upgrade.

As to the hotel shuttle to Paris, I've just emailed the hotel, and they said it's daily and costs 5e each way - leaves hotel at 10am and leaves Paris at 6pm.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:25 am
pdb

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I'll be staying there one night next month on points and would like to know if the info. posted in earlier threads is still current for Diamonds: free & good breakfast buffets at the restaurant, free PC/internet in RC lounge, decent room upgrade.

As to the hotel shuttle to Paris, I've just emailed the hotel, and they said it's daily and costs 5e each way - leaves hotel at 10am and leaves Paris at 6pm.
In general, breakfast is in the RC. On some weekends and holidays (e.g. Xmas, New Years), access to the lavish breakfast buffet in the main restaurant is substituted (but they still have leave a basket croissants in the RC).

I am surprised to hear about a charge of EUR 5 for the bus to Paris. That has always been free to guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.