Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Amman REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Amman REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:47 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
What kind of electric power outlets are used at this hotel? (Google says that three kinds of outlets are used in Jordan.)
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
What kind of electric power outlets are used at this hotel? (Google says that three kinds of outlets are used in Jordan.)
The main plugs in the hotel are British outlets, but by the desk in the room is combo outlets which do all the main plugs (UK/US/Euro/Oz etc.)
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I visited recently, and whilst I found the hotel outstanding in some elements, let down by others. I would go back though, as overall I enjoyed my stay, and Amman itself is an interesting city.

The House of Ale close to the hotel is a decent bar which has local Amman craft beer on tap, and bar food they did was pretty decent.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:51 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Amazing stay, fantastic service

Omigosh this hotel is amazing. Completely enjoyable one-week stay.
  • Director of Operations (Florian W) has been with Hyatt 16 years and knows how to run a hotel.
  • I booked four rooms and used four TSUs. I was the only person in my group with Hyatt status. Three of the rooms were upgraded to very nice suites. My room was upgraded to a very special presidential suite.
  • Hotel allowed breakfast in the lounge OR in the restaurant. Restaurant breakfast was great.
  • Hotel extended Globalist amenities (free breakfast, lounge access) to everyone in the party, even though the hotel was under no obligation to do so. This completely unexpected gesture by the hotel is sincerely appreciated.
  • Lounge was fantastic, great service, super-friendly. On our last night, our group was in the conference room and they brought us a special gift prepared by their chef.
  • We found all facilities to be sparkling new and in great operational condition. No complaints or even suggestions of any kind.
  • I'd rank this Hyatt among the top 3 I've ever stayed at. About 35% of that score is from the super facilities, while most of the score is due to the fantastic staff in every department.
Well done, GH AMM!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:37 am

My priorities are a little different that CloudCoder, but I had a fine three-day stay. I don't normally care about decoration/decor, but this place seemed a little "grandma's house" to me. (I was fresh from GHs in Istanbul and Athens, the latter of which is decidedly "new".) The Amman fitness center is odd, with a mix of different equipment brands and qualities in a small space. It was all functional-enough.

At check in, I was directed to the lounge for breakfast, but it was pretty clear that the lounge breakfast wasn't a serious affair. Grab a muffin, piece of fruit, cup of coffee... On inquiry, I learned that the expectation was that Globalists would partake in the really fantastic restaurant buffet. For strict vegetarians/vegans, breakfast can often be a pretty unappetizing affair - fruit and dry cereal. Not here. Plain vegetable and grain dishes in abundance. I'm sure the joy extended to meat eaters too. Coffee refills were tough to come by.

I guess the location was okay - near my work. There's really no public transport in the city, unless can figure out the ground transportation. The "attractions" (sites, shopping, restaurants) are pretty widely disbursed.

Be mindful of the security set-up. I wandered onto the property "the wrong way" and missed the out-building where all guests and visitors get screened, scanned and patted down. This set off some concerns among staff that I didn't fully appreciate. (Most screenings take place inside the hotel proper.)
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:21 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Does anybody know if explorerst get restaurant access?

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
My priorities are a little different that CloudCoder, but I had a fine three-day stay. I don't normally care about decoration/decor, but this place seemed a little "grandma's house" to me. (I was fresh from GHs in Istanbul and Athens, the latter of which is decidedly "new".) The Amman fitness center is odd, with a mix of different equipment brands and qualities in a small space. It was all functional-enough.

At check in, I was directed to the lounge for breakfast, but it was pretty clear that the lounge breakfast wasn't a serious affair. Grab a muffin, piece of fruit, cup of coffee... On inquiry, I learned that the expectation was that Globalists would partake in the really fantastic restaurant buffet. For strict vegetarians/vegans, breakfast can often be a pretty unappetizing affair - fruit and dry cereal. Not here. Plain vegetable and grain dishes in abundance. I'm sure the joy extended to meat eaters too. Coffee refills were tough to come by.

I guess the location was okay - near my work. There's really no public transport in the city, unless can figure out the ground transportation. The "attractions" (sites, shopping, restaurants) are pretty widely disbursed.

Be mindful of the security set-up. I wandered onto the property "the wrong way" and missed the out-building where all guests and visitors get screened, scanned and patted down. This set off some concerns among staff that I didn't fully appreciate. (Most screenings take place inside the hotel proper.)
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:51 am

Has anyone been to the GH Amman since the last report from 2018?

Would be great to get some recent reviews on the property
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:47 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question Any recent stays?

Any recent stays here? Debating between this GH and the GH Muscat but rates seem to be nearly identical.

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior

Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:16 pm

Any recent stays here from a Globalist? Just curious the type of Glob upgrades they're providing. Also, is the Glob breakfast at the restaurant or club lounge?
Old May 15, 2022, 8:25 am

Currently staying here. Anyone have any questions or anything they’d like me to check? Will post a summary of stay in a few days/week.
Old May 15, 2022, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Currently staying here. Anyone have any questions or anything they’d like me to check? Will post a summary of stay in a few days/week.
I'm planning a visit in late June. What is the Globalist breakfast like? Is there an open lounge? What is the parking like (free for Globs on points stays I assume)?
Old May 16, 2022, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I'm planning a visit in late June. What is the Globalist breakfast like? Is there an open lounge? What is the parking like (free for Globs on points stays I assume)?
Club lounge is closed for renovations. I don’t think there’s a target date for reopening. Breakfast is at their 32North restaurant buffet style. Complimentary soft drinks from 6a-10p for club/globalist members in the “lobby lounge” which really is the space right outside the 32 north restaurant. This is clutch because you can get as much water as you need. The one nice thing is between 6p-8p there’s club happy hour in lobby lounge which includes local beer and wine and a menu off which you can order food. I’ll post pics of the menu. But suffice to say it is pretty much a dinner.
As for parking I assume on points it should be free. I didn’t rent a car and the cash rates made more sense than using points for me.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:54 am

Following up on some feedback of my stay as a Globalist This was a fine stay and I think this hotel can be a strong option if they refurbish the rooms and you're a Globalist or book Club room.
  • To enter the hotel you need to go through security -- every time.
  • Booked the most basic room type as a Globalist and was upgraded to the Royal Suite without terrace. Did not use a TSU. The royal suite features a small kitchenette, an office, dining area, two living rooms, 1.5 bathrooms and bedroom. Room was located on the 9th floor which is also where the club lounge is located. The rooms are in dire need of a refurbishment.
  • Balmain toiletries
  • No welcome amenity or anything of the sort.
  • The club lounge is closed and it seemed like there were some renovations going on but no idea of when it is expected to be open.
  • Breakfast buffet is on offer every morning at 32 North restaurant and as a Globalist this is where you'll have your breakfast. Fresh juices are apple, orange and carrot. Omelet and waffle/pancake station are available. Typical breakfast buffet but felt like this place had more breakfast buffet food options than the Four Seasons Amman. No menu option.
  • Complimentary soft drinks and water (unlimited) available from 6am-10pm every day for Club/Globalist guests. Just walk to 32 North Restaurant and ask.
  • As the club lounge is closed, every evening between 6-8pm they have available a Club food menu. This is a full meal/dinner. The molten cake is a good dessert choice. See pictures below of the menu. There is local wine and bottled Carakale Blonde Ale or Amstel on offer during this time. During this time (on the weekend) there are a lot of locals that come to hang out at the Lobby Lounge terrace/bar for food/drinks and shisha.
  • Staff is mostly friendly and were pretty attentive during Club food menu hours.
  • The location of the hotel is right around the third circle which is a good 20-30mins walk to the heart of Rainbow Street and another 10-15mins walk from there to downtown Amman.
  • Complimentary pressing for one business suit per stay.
  • On weekends (Fri-Sat) the hotel usually has wedding events going on.
  • The staff recommended I try the in-house Italian restaurant as it's supposedly one of the best in the city. Unfortunately, did not have time to try.
  • The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool that look pretty good.

• Club Lounge food menu at the "Lobby Lounge" from 6-8pm

Club Lounge food menu at the "Lobby Lounge" from 6-8pm
Old May 27, 2022, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
  • As the club lounge is closed, every evening between 6-8pm they have available a Club food menu. This is a full meal/dinner. The molten cake is a good dessert choice. See pictures below of the menu. There is local wine and bottled Carakale Blonde Ale or Amstel on offer during this time. During this time (on the weekend) there are a lot of locals that come to hang out at the Lobby Lounge terrace/bar for food/drinks and shisha.
Wow, that really is a dinner. That's extremely generous for a closed lounge.

Is the best way to get to the center of the city through taxi/Uber? I'll have a car, but would rather not drive it in to the city. I'll only be at the hotel for one night.
Old May 28, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Wow, that really is a dinner. That's extremely generous for a closed lounge.

Is the best way to get to the center of the city through taxi/Uber? I'll have a car, but would rather not drive it in to the city. I'll only be at the hotel for one night.
By center of the city you mean from the hotel to downtown/rainbow street? You can walk or in the alternative take Uber/Taxi.. Uber has been between 1-3JD around Amman, which is pretty cheap. You can negotiate with taxis (after comparing price on Uber). Download Careem as a backup. I don't even think there is a robust public transport system. I did see rentals being driven on rainbow street (rental's plate number start with 70 which is in green). Driving from the hotel to rainbow street, parking there and from there walking to downtown should be easy enough and is only a 5-8 mins drive.
Single_Flyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.