Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Especially the tours that include JSA need to be planned in advance.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I booked my last 747 flight on UA for June just because they are disappearing. Staying at the Grand Hyatt this time, which I agree has much better access to the tourist spots than the Park. This will also be the first time I do the JSA, how long a tour is that? I was hoping for a half day tour for just that part. I really do not care about tunnel 3 or some of the other things.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by apgrizzwald
Nice recent review of the property. The most unfortunate thing is the GH Seoul is planning to relocate the Grand Club to the lobby level in November.

The silver lining is that I believe the plans include an exposed patio area. The huge con is losing the incredible sweeping view of the river. The high floor Club locations provide(d) picture perfect views to enjoy evening cocktails. The other part is that currently there are two clubs, the 17th and 15th floors. Once moved to the lower lobby the space will be combined. Though this isn't official or confirmed, my experience is that families are typically assigned to use the 15th floor and adults and business groups are on the 17th. For it's part the property is promising food, service and experience will be improved with the new move.
Did the club lounge relocate as mentioned here?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:26 pm

Yup, everything described by apgrizzwald happened, including much improved food offerings. The view is the only real loss.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:55 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Any word on the recent experience at this hotel? Is the revamped lounge any good? Location - close to touristy things? Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know what the 10% "Service Charge" is for bookings at this hotel? Is it a fee that is waived for Globalists?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:02 pm

It's a flat charge applied to all paid bookings, including the cash element of P&C.

Does not make any difference whether you're Globalist - it is still applicable.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
Does anyone know what the 10% "Service Charge" is for bookings at this hotel? Is it a fee that is waived for Globalists?
Very common in Northeast Asia, in lieu of tipping.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Very common in Northeast Asia, in lieu of tipping.
Hmm, interesting. It's not collected at the Park Hyatt Seoul or at Grand Hyatt Incheon.

Last edited by MDWCommuter; Jun 8, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:22 am

In Asia, a lot more properties collect it than those who do not.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
Hmm, interesting. It's not collected at the Park Hyatt Seoul or at Grand Hyatt Incheon.
Probably included in the room rate.

In Japan some Hyatts' rates are exclusive of tax and service, others are inclusive of T&S, and still others are inclusive of service but exclude tax.

WoH pts are not awarded on service charges so if the service charge is included in the rate you do not get pts for the full rate (or at least that is how it is supposed to work; with Hyatt IT you can never be sure).
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I'm headed here tomorrow and just realized that I have never been the one who booked the car service, my previous assistant always did. I remember going to pick it up near Hertz, but can someone point me as to who I am supposed to order with? Do I call the hotel, concierge?

Any advice appreciated.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I'm headed here tomorrow and just realized that I have never been the one who booked the car service, my previous assistant always did. I remember going to pick it up near Hertz, but can someone point me as to who I am supposed to order with? Do I call the hotel, concierge?

Any advice appreciated.
The Grand club or concierge should be able to help you.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know if a Hyatt owned hotel is a good thing or bad thing but this property seriously needs more investment in hardware like HVAC and the parking spaces. A nice humid room greeted me last night and no combination of button pounding would turn it back on. Changed to a low floor junior suite that was hot as f***.

Also, they want to host MICE style events AND have full occupancy. The parking isn't sufficient enough and staying guests still have to pay for it.

The hotel put a lot of money into renovating its F&B into 322 Sewolro but the root problems still exist.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
I was just browsing the website for this property and saw a link for "An Important Announcement" on the welcome page. It's their "Important Summer Operation Policy". All of it is quite authoritarian.

How busy does their pool get that you have to get a pool coupon at check in (1 per person, no replacements!), and exchange it for a wristband, which you must wear UNTIL CHECK OUT in order to use the pool? Also, one towel per person (towel shortage?) AND people with tattoos can't use the pool?

Is this a luxury hotel or a 3 star all-inclusive in MX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.