Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:51 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
So how was the stay Bartla?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:11 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Stayed - February 2012

Decent enough hotel; not really convenient to much of anything. Posted a detailed stay report, with photos, here:

http://www.sitinfirst.com/2012/02/to...d-hyatt-seoul/
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
I have an upcoming stay at this property. My concern is I'm arriving on JAL from NRT around 9:00pm and departing 8:00am. I'm inclined to stay at Incheon the night before my early morning departure. Would it be worthwhile staying at the PH and taking the KE limousine bus or would I better suited staying at Incheon? Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I think you would better staying at Incheon if you are departing that early =)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I have an upcoming stay at this property. My concern is I'm arriving on JAL from NRT around 9:00pm and departing 8:00am. I'm inclined to stay at Incheon the night before my early morning departure. Would it be worthwhile staying at the PH and taking the KE limousine bus or would I better suited staying at Incheon? Thanks.
Def. Stay at Incheon. the PH is far far, even the GH takes at least 1 hour to get there. And you never know about the traffic
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Def. Stay at Incheon. the PH is far far, even the GH takes at least 1 hour to get there. And you never know about the traffic
Thanks for the advice. My apologies for posting about the PH in the GH thread.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
I stayed at this location a couple weeks ago for 3 days. Very good service and nice rooms. Weird bathroom shower drain problems but other than that - a great stay if you are going to be down town.

No upgrades on my stay but bottle of wine and 4 chocolates. They were very detailed on explaining the rules of the lounge. I never went...

I agree completely with staying at Inchon for Airport needs. It takes 45 min on the train (Airport Express - Seoul station) which is ~15 min from the hotel. The taxi from the Airport to the Hotel was almost 2 hours due to traffic which is why I used the train on the way back.

I would definitely stay again if downtown is my destination.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:49 am

today i have funny thing in grand hyatt seoul.
i was sent letter to my friend in hotel,
it's delivery service
the letter is hotel coupons & there have my name and my room number.

and little while i receive a letter in my room.
the staff sent letter. they say "your coupon can't use for other guest. so please be understand."

i was very surprise. how to know that is the coupon i sent to my friend?
letter outside isn't have my name. they was saw my letter, they don't mind your privacy. and also sent letter to me your coupon can't be use for your friend.
maybe my friend use or not. it isn't important.
because i just give it to him. it is also can't be doing?

i was very angry i call to hotel manager. but they say it is no problem.
because they must know what are you sent.
they can read your letter because maybe it's a flight ticket or money they must on time to sent.

so, in this hotel you must be careful. because they will read your letter or your delivery package.

and they will sent kindly letter to you. maybe your coupon certification period will be end so please use faster. or use by yourself don't give it to other one.

the hotel will very kindly to know your privacy. and manager will say "it's good for you not illegal"
very good hotel grand hyatt seoul.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, Tungham Liu! Did you seal the letter? I suppose an argument can be made that if the letter wasn't sealed, the sender doesn't have an expectation of privacy.

Still it does sound weird as you report it.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello everyone

What is the lowest advanced purchase rate/sale rate for this property that you've seen? I'm looking at 225000 KRW which is very reasonable for Seoul I'd say, but if the rate does get lower than that with a sale I will wait out since my dates are in May 2013. Trying to decide between PH and GH, but I'm not sure if I would pay $100 a night more just to stay at the park hyatt.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
I posted a review on my blog of our recent stay at this property.

http://flymefunky.com/2013/01/hotel-...d-hyatt-seoul/

Overall, small rooms, hard beds, sh!tty air-con (was far too hot and wouldn't go down). On the plus side, really enjoyed JJ's and the Paris bar which were surprisingly good quality for hotel bars.

Found the drinks to be expensive though.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:49 pm

Stayed in the GH Seoul for 3 nights last week on business. I’ve stayed before and as my parents and family live in Seoul, I go fairly often for meals but it was my first time there as a ‘business’ guest.

Was very busy as I believe there was a conference running at the hotel (some nuclear one?) and lots of comings and goings as well as security teams.
Got a River View King and as much has been written about the rooms, I’ll be short. The room was cozy and quite comfortable. There was a decent sized desk which was quite convenient for work. The bathroom is small and the bathtub/shower is of the curtain variety, but that is not a huge deal for me (although I much prefer glass door types). In all, the room is efficient. I will add that the rooms were very warm..

On the whole, the staff are very friendly and helpful. However in past experiences, there have been a few who have been horrible.

One comment I have is that my clothes were not folded or arranged. I was quite busy, and left my clothes on the sofa and was a bit surprised to find them in the exact same location on my return the next evening. As far as I’m aware from experience, these are normally always folded? 1st world problem but was surprised nonetheless.

Some people don’t like the location. I think it’s great as long if you are willing to use taxis (which are quite cheap); however be warned that traffic in Seoul especially during rush hour can be mind-numbing. It’s located right between the CBD and GBD/Gangnam areas, so moving between the different locations is fairly convenient. Itaewon is within walking distance and the area has been going through somewhat of a renaissance over the last few years which is an added bonus.

It’s a good but not stellar property
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I am currently at the GH-Seoul. I've been here many times (but not since 2009) & know what to expect, but I have been a bit taken aback as I don't think I've ever seen it this busy. I know Aug is high season for holiday in Korea, and I guess they had a public holiday this week, so many people getting away.

I got the standard Grand Suite King (1160) and it's fine. The pool area is unbelievably busy (as in can't find a chair after 10am). The gym was packed as are the lounges on 15 & 17. Lots & lots of kids...I'm hoping it will quiet down at least a little on Monday.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Staying there tomorrow. Will chime in later.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The property is probably the Golden oldie in Seoul now that the Shilla has been partially redone. It's very dated inside from the elevator to the wood in the rooms. Everything is manual in the rooms and coming from the Oh or More. It can be a very jarring experience in the digital button age.

The Club lounge is pretty shabby looking and can get crowded. Not really impressed to have little children running around after a long night. Paris Grill brunch was the same but with richer children running around.

The worst experience came with the dirty washer toilet seat that I discovered at 12:30am. I probably should have woken my wife and changed the rooms then but thought it more sensible to wait til more morning. The Club manager Rachel Park was unavailable so I got the assistant front desk manager who did nothing to make it better other than commenting they should have changed the room last night. Is this a 5 star hotel? Yes, but only if the scale is out of 10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.