Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vprp
Agreed on the base room.

A friend of mine just notified me that outdoor pool usage will have an extra charge (or purchase a separate package with outdoor pool usage included). That's fine but he was irritated by the fact that he placed his booking a couple of months ago and the hotel's response was to cancel and book a pool package if he wanted to use the outdoor pool. Apparently, they also charge extra for an ice bucket or to use wine glasses?
The pool situation was a long time coming. They have/sell too many rooms and the pool becomes a giant mess. I believe Globalists should be able to use it as much as we please and GH Seoul makes us like the OTA/home shopping crowd (once per day).
GH Jeju charges as well. For non Globalist guests. They wouldn’t dare charge Hyatt elites for basic services? It’s all because people bring their own delivery food/ wine and call room service for ice and glasses.

Last edited by Aventine; Apr 5, 2022 at 4:51 am
Old May 20, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stay far away from this hotel with President Biden's visit/stay. Just a giant mess.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: HH Hyatt Marriott
Just stayed there last week, the only limitation was the indoor pool being 1x a day and you had to book a time slot. Outdoor pool was no problem, but I saw only 1 person using the pool all 3 days (some were lounging on the chairs). Fitness center no limitation.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Outdoor pool will definitely be going to once per stay/wrist brands when Korean summer vacation hits.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:37 am

Is the globalist breakfast in the club lounge? Or can we take it in the restaurant? How are they with upgrades here? Assuming since it's such a busy hotel, upgrades to suites for 1 night stays probably are unlikely?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Is the globalist breakfast in the club lounge? Or can we take it in the restaurant? How are they with upgrades here? Assuming since it's such a busy hotel, upgrades to suites for 1 night stays probably are unlikely?
Yes, the breakfast is in the club lounge. I don't believe you can take it in the restaurant.

If you visit this hotel on weekends, I wouldn't expect to get an upgrade from a Namsan view room to even a Han river room let alone a suite. The hotel is packed on weekends. On the weekdays, it will be hit or miss. The suites here are quite popular as they are quite a step above the basic room and you will be competing with other Globalist's staying at the property.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vprp
Yes, the breakfast is in the club lounge. I don't believe you can take it in the restaurant.

If you visit this hotel on weekends, I wouldn't expect to get an upgrade from a Namsan view room to even a Han river room let alone a suite. The hotel is packed on weekends. On the weekdays, it will be hit or miss. The suites here are quite popular as they are quite a step above the basic room and you will be competing with other Globalist's staying at the property.
Breakfast is lounge only.
And Globalists are competing with Koreans doing staycations and paying for the suites outright. GH probably has the worst Globalist treatment in all of Seoul.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
When I was there in April, they gave Globalist breakfast at the Terrace room during weekdays. Weekends were at the lounge.
Expect no suite upgrade unless you use a TSU.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VoiD
When I was there in April, they gave Globalist breakfast at the Terrace room during weekdays. Weekends were at the lounge.
It seems to come and go depending on Globalists in house.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt, Delta, Bonvoy, Hilton, BA, United
Anyone have an idea of what the e-scooter (Kick, Beam, etc) scene looks like here? I know the immediate neighborhood of the hotel isn't much to write home about, but is it somewhat alleviated with possible scooter use to get to Itaewon station or something?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by falcon9xr
Anyone have an idea of what the e-scooter (Kick, Beam, etc) scene looks like here? I know the immediate neighborhood of the hotel isn't much to write home about, but is it somewhat alleviated with possible scooter use to get to Itaewon station or something?
I've never seen any directly on the hotel's property but its a lot of steep hills and curves to Itaewon station. Might find a few in Gyeonglidan aka the food and drink area down the road. The only ones that take US drivers licences is Lime and I heard they're going on hiatus due to changing scooter laws.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by falcon9xr
Beam, Lime and Bird are operational in Korea as well as other local companies. I've never been on an e-scooter so I'm not sure how safe it is to ride on steep grade but you'd be going up/downhill. There is an hourly shuttle that takes you to and from Itaewon station. If you walk, it takes about 15 minutes.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Diamond, IHG RA, Fairmont Plat, SPG Plat
Received an email that they are now charging per person access to the pools. Globalists don't seem to get a discount. Can anyone corroborate?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by VoiD
I'm coming here soon and this is what they told me about the Globalist breakfast:"Breakfast for Globalists is served at Grand Club Lounge located on Lower Lobby Floor.

Grand Club operation hours for breakfast is 07:00 - 10:00 (weekdays) and 07:00 - 10:30 (weekends) / Day snack time is 11:00 -17:00 / Happy Hour is 18:00-20:00.

Kids under 13 are not allowed admission during happy hour time"

I didn't notice before where they stopped allowing access to hotel guests to the outdoor pool. That's a bummer. I thought I heard they limited it to once per day but they said now it's not allowed at all without paying for it.

"Our outdoor swimming pool is no longer complimentary for all guests including Globalist and can be accessed when a Splash Package is booked.

For non-packaged guests, tickets can be purchased on site once available.
<Original Ticket Price : Adult KRW 100,000 / Child KRW 50,000 (1 Time access)>
During your stay on June, we offer early summer discount.
The outdoor swimming pool fee will be 50% discount for Session 1(6:30am-11:00am) and Session 2(11:30am-14:30pm), 30% discount for Session3(15:30pm-18:30).

In case of indoor swimming pool, guests can use one-time access per night and make reservation through in-room QR reservation after check in.
Please kindly find the attached file for detail information about Indoor & Outdoor swimming pool usage"."

Also the shuttle buses to Itaewon and Myeongdong have been cancelled due to COVID. I'm thinking about possibly cancelling and staying non-Hyatt in Myeongdong but can't get a confirmed connecting room which I need as I'm traveling with young kids. It's the only reason why so far I haven't cancelled. I'll post a trip report if I keep my reservation.

Last edited by saint; Jun 20, 2022 at 8:50 pm
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holycow4
Received an email that they are now charging per person access to the pools. Globalists don't seem to get a discount. Can anyone corroborate?
I’m guessing with the large numbers of domestic Globalists and foreign ones that they decided to end complimentary pool access for us. Other flagship properties allow their elites at least once a stay usage like JW Marriott Seoul. This hotel is just greedy and pretty much a no-go for me now because they pretty much treat Globalists like regular guests. It’s going to be very, very crowded for GC, Lobby paid lounge, check-in and checkouts. Just a horror show for the entire summer.

Originally Posted by saint
I'm coming here soon and this is what they told me about the Globalist breakfast:"Breakfast for Globalists is served at Grand Club Lounge located on Lower Lobby Floor.

Grand Club operation hours for breakfast is 07:00 - 10:00 (weekdays) and 07:00 - 10:30 (weekends) / Day snack time is 11:00 -17:00 / Happy Hour is 18:00-20:00.

Kids under 13 are not allowed admission during happy hour time"

I didn't notice before where they stopped allowing access to hotel guests to the outdoor pool. That's a bummer. I thought I heard they limited it to once per day but they said now it's not allowed at all without paying for it.

"Our outdoor swimming pool is no longer complimentary for all guests including Globalist and can be accessed when a Splash Package is booked.

For non-packaged guests, tickets can be purchased on site once available.
<Original Ticket Price : Adult KRW 100,000 / Child KRW 50,000 (1 Time access)>
During your stay on June, we offer early summer discount.
The outdoor swimming pool fee will be 50% discount for Session 1(6:30am-11:00am) and Session 2(11:30am-14:30pm), 30% discount for Session3(15:30pm-18:30).

In case of indoor swimming pool, guests can use one-time access per night and make reservation through in-room QR reservation after check in.
Please kindly find the attached file for detail information about Indoor & Outdoor swimming pool usage"."

Also the shuttle buses to Itaewon and Myeongdong have been cancelled due to COVID. I'm thinking about possibly cancelling and staying non-Hyatt in Myeongdong but can't get a confirmed connecting room which I need as I'm traveling with young kids. It's the only reason why so far I haven't cancelled. I'll post a trip report if I keep my reservation.
They were canceled because of COVID and probably won’t be coming back due to cost savings.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 21, 2022 at 4:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.