Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Westlake Village, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Westlake Village, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 10, 21, 10:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mrdebit View Post
Stayed a night here earlier this week. Upgraded to "California Suite" at the end of the southwestern arm of the hotel (room in the higher 60s). I've stayed here many times, although this was the first stay in over a year. Room was nicely re-done.
Good to hear the rooms have been redone. As a Globlist, how is breakfast being handle. Not sure if they have a lounge.
Old Apr 11, 21, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), DL MM, Hyatt Glob (LT), Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold (LT)
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
Good to hear the rooms have been redone. As a Globlist, how is breakfast being handle. Not sure if they have a lounge.
We left before breakfast and I didn't ask about it. In the pre-COVID days, we had breakfast in the restaurant (usually the buffet, but sometimes off the menu). There is no lounge as far as I know.
Old Apr 11, 21, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge there closed long time ago (and space converted into jr suite on top floor across elevator). Not that it matters during covid.
Location wise HR is more pleasant than 2 new marriott properties nearby but not a deal breaker on short stays if you drive around anyways.
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Jun 23, 21, 10:47 am

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Hotel said Glob breakfast is $40 per room credit for 2 in restaurant. The menu is below.. you can barely get a entrée and drink in for 2 ppl.

Old Jun 23, 21, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hotel said Glob breakfast is $40 per room credit for 2 in restaurant. The menu is below.. you can barely get a entrée and drink in for 2 ppl.

If two people order the

Two Eggs Any Style which also comes with choice of protein and toast then juice or coffee each that’s only $34 which I guess would be the most common breakfast order (eggs, protein, toast).

If you have more registered guests (kids) then I can see asking for more needed.
Old Jun 26, 21, 6:20 pm

Other than the breakfast how was your stay?

We lived maybe 10 minutes from the HR for over a decade but never stayed. It was basically hidden away maybe how they want it for corporate travelers.

But since we’ve moved away we’re considering a stay there soon. Wanted to see your thoughts as the price point has always been on the high end IMHO.

The prices I’ve seen tend to be $180-$200+ which are resort level prices without the resort level amenities.

Last edited by Matt4200; Jun 26, 21 at 6:47 pm
Old Jun 27, 21, 5:23 pm

I agree price point is kinda high. My stay was combination of points and cash (1st night points the 2nd cash). I think is a nice hidden hide away place for this area. The pool is open and was relaxing to be able to go there and hang out, Here is the latest breakfast menu and the fruit bowl is delicious!!

Old Jul 8, 21, 12:48 pm

Just did a 1 Night stay here and here’s my impression -

Hotel Lobby and common areas are well updated. Although the rooms are updated you can still notice very dated things such as AC controls from over a decade ago, old sliding glass doors, and so on.

Front Desk Staff are not very courteous though at check in or if anything is needed. We requested our waters at check in and they said they’d just given the last ones to another guest, but that there should be some in our room. When we got to our room, no waters. So we called to ask for them to which the FDA sounded very discontented and it took them 2 hours to arrive to our room.

Nightly rate is really high being a suburban property ($190+ a night).

Breakfast was so-so nothing special a few items arrived old or burnt (hash browns and Bacon). Globalist Breakfast credit is $20 per person.

Our “California Suite” which definitely felt like a Junior Suite had a sliding glass door on it which was broken on arrival (would not lock) which was problematic being on the first floor.
Old Dec 17, 21, 10:06 am

We used two certs here on Thanksgiving weekend since there was last minute availability and rates were high (>$300+ night). Peak travel time so our upgrade was to a 1 King with Balcony. Room was updated well enough and comfortable.

The evening FD staff that checked us in was welcoming but the daytime staff we saw for the rest of our time was distant, though helpful when directly engaged. We were told $45 for Globalist breakfast credit, but we never clarified if it was per person or per room, nor did I look at this thread beforehand. Our highest breakfast bill was ~$65 (2x hearty harvest, 2 beverage) and were okay taking care of the overage ourselves if needed. All breakfast charges were taken care of without asking. The breakfast staff were super friendly.

The most annoying thing was having to go down to the FD to check-in/check-out for the two back-to-back reservations. This property doesn't merge the reservations, but they also didn't make the check-in/check-out 'automatic' either. Had to spend time to re-key the room and provide a CC all over again instead of just transferring the info from the existing reservation.
Old Mar 16, 22, 8:09 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
anyone stay here recently?
Old Jun 5, 22, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Cometstar View Post
anyone stay here recently?
Echo recent update? Considering a stay in a few weeks. I am Explorist.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 5, 22, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb View Post
Echo recent update? Considering a stay in a few weeks. I am Explorist.
Thanks in advance.
It’s an okay property nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either perfectly mediocre.
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Any restaurant recommendations within short walking distance of hotel? We particularly like healthy California cuisine, grilled fish, ethnic foods.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb View Post
Any restaurant recommendations within short walking distance of hotel? We particularly like healthy California cuisine, grilled fish, ethnic foods.
Thanks in advance.
There’s a handful across the freeway at the Promenade maybe a 10 minute walk.
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
There’s a handful across the freeway at the Promenade maybe a 10 minute walk.
Any that you particularly recommend ? (food quality more important than atmosphere)

Search this Thread