Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Hotel Canberra - A Park Hyatt Hotel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m0hamed
The "Ambassador Lounge" is permanently closed
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Hotel Canberra - A Park Hyatt Hotel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by danger
That I don't know but it would be a logical (although surprising) conclusion.

The Park Hyatt I'm staying at now has this nice little boxset of all the Park Hyatts which includes this breakdown: ..]
I saw a copy of that box set on the coffee table at Melbourne earlier this month - I hardly looked at it. Next stay I'll look closer.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 14, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by serfty
I saw that box set on the coffee table at Melbourne earlier this month - I hardly looked at it. Next stay I'll look closer.
It's actually really nice. I enjoyed sorting the cards into Parks I'd stayed out and those I sadly never will. It almost made me want to take out a second mortgage to reach the 60 night requal. Almost.
serfty likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:34 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It's actually really nice. I enjoyed sorting the cards into Parks I'd stayed out and those I sadly never will.
Ha, I did the same thing! I wanted to take it with me.
serfty likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If you're looking to book a Privé rate here, note you must book a Club Deluxe room at a minimum.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The bed was very soft and made for an uncomfortable sleep.
That's very upsetting to read. Supportive mattresses are a basic requirement, as I see it. I wonder if this has improved since your visit?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I had a recent stay here, my first in many months.

It wasn't a good start when I was initially denied a suite upgrade because "Unfortunately we don't have any suites available at this time". Oh but wait: you're selling them online. Tap, tap, tap. Suddenly I'm in a suite. Pathetic. No turndown and no water.

The biggest shock, however, was seeing this:

A Park Hyatt is slugging guests for every conceivable extra like it's a Red Roof Motor Inn. Forgot your comb? That'll be $2.50. All out of toothpaste? We'll add $4 to your bill. I cannot begin to understand how a Park Hyatt gets away with this. Utterly disgusting.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:21 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Yes, pathetic. Show this to the GM https://www.hyatt.com/info/hyatt-has-it-program
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes, pathetic. Show this to the GM https://www.hyatt.com/info/hyatt-has-it-program
Hyatt hotels and resorts stock everyday essentials that you can either buy or borrow.
I guess they get stuck on the 'buy'.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Heck, I get really annoyed when a Hyatt Place charges for that stuff. A HR/GH/Andaz had better have that stuff available, let alone a PH.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:02 pm

I have a stay here coming up in a few weeks. After seeing this thread, I am not as excited. Any other suggestions for a hotel in Canberra?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by serfty
I guess they get stuck on the 'buy'.
That's the out many Hyatts use including this one and GH Incheon.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Stayed here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I am a lowly "Discoverist" (what an incredibly stupid term for a status level). I had two rooms booked, requested connecting rooms, and used Hyatt points plus a higher rate to upgrade one to club access. I was allocated two very nice, large rooms on the club floor behind a common door (normally propped open but which we could close and use our key to open), which worked very well for us. Hotel overall and our rooms were in great shape, especially considering the historic nature of the building. My mattress was in decent shape, not perfect but reasonably supportive (likely this is very dependent on which room one gets). We could see the park from our windows.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I've been camping here a bit of late - first time in CBR overnight for years.

Still a decent hotel, well priced unless it is a sitting week ($230/ night this week).

"Discoverist" - whatever that is. Was a Diamond for years under the old system, then Hyatt shut down most of their AU properties so good-bye Hyatt hello Hilton.

I can't say that I've ever had a problem with the beds here, and I like a FIRM bed. Firm foam pillows on request.

Room service menu is a bit rubbish - narrow and very overpriced. The second night I got an Uber to collect some Alice's Thai from the Sydney Building.

Rooms in great shape, pool is a short walk out the back and on the plus side opens early (5:30am), on the downside it's very short and any more than 4 people lap swimming is a disaster.

Only other viable option in Canberra is the Little National which a colleague recommends strongly - but no indoor pool. So "nay" for me.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 6:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A member on the Australian Frequent Flyer Forum has reported the Ambassador Lounge has closed permanently.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
A member on the Australian Frequent Flyer Forum has reported the Ambassador Lounge has closed permanently.
So no more oysters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.