Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Anyone know if the HR-ORD still has the suites with murphy beds? A looong looong time ago, I was assigned one. Just the murphy bed side, actually, in a triangle room. The only murphy bed I've seen in my life.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So does anyone have a good parking solution for this place? I got a $42 rate on Priceline, and I hate to spoil it with $27 for parking. I'm willing to hike from the street.

Between $27 in parking and $10 in internet, I'm sorry I didn't just slum it at the Hampton Inn.

Finally, do I have any chance of getting Passport points for a Priceline stay here?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Originally Posted by josephstern
So does anyone have a good parking solution for this place? I got a $42 rate on Priceline, and I hate to spoil it with $27 for parking. I'm willing to hike from the street.

Between $27 in parking and $10 in internet, I'm sorry I didn't just slum it at the Hampton Inn.

Finally, do I have any chance of getting Passport points for a Priceline stay here?
I think the registered guest parking is a little cheaper ($22). You can park in the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) parking lot at the EL train station but not sure what the daily rate is.

The Hyatt Rosemont about 2 miles away has shuttle to this hotel and they have free parking for guest and they don't issue parking ticket (no gate). You might be able to park there and take the shuttle (I have not tried this).
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:41 pm

Anyone know if the RC is open again during the week?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by gomike
Anyone know if the RC is open again during the week?
As of two weeks ago the answer was still no.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by icurhere2
As of two weeks ago the answer was still no.
still no problems getting the 2500 pts for it being closed? I have a stay there this coming sunday and hoping to stack up the bonuses.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, USA GP, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Had no issues getting it last week for two separate stays. One of the nights didnt show the 2500 points posting which was fixed with a quick call to the diamond line.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by Renard
still no problems getting the 2500 pts for it being closed? I have a stay there this coming sunday and hoping to stack up the bonuses.
I didn't have a problem either (although my last stay was the end of February).
We thought it was a great hotel, lots of convention and business stuff going on. Used the credit vouchers in the bar for an appetizer and the breakfast was wonderful. Was able to use one of our expiring suite upgrades at the end of april on the winter rate and got a suite with the living area on one floor and then a circular staircase with the bedroom and bathroom on the second floor. We hadn't been in a two story suite before so that was fun. I thought the service was fine, although the check-in took a little while even in the Diamond line because of the amount of people.
Enjoy your stay!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Review: March 2010

Hyatt Regency O'Hare Review:

Stay:
March 2010

First Impression:
I'm always impressed by the atrium as I enter the building. Very modern, and clean. Luggage was taken of my hands as I entered the building (those who know what I travel with - take a look at the trip report), and was delivered to my room on completion of check in.

It's to the point where some of the staff recognise my face, and offer great service.

Shuttle bus:
Unpredictable at best. Whilst it is a theoretical every 15 minutes to the Airport, it can vary, and on one day at least it diverted to another Hyatt to pick up people. Complimentary water bottles was offered on all shuttle buses - a nice extra touch.

Check-in:
I was checked in at arrival by a receptionist, and although allocated a room in the Exec Wing, I managed to change it back to a Balcony Room in the main hotel (when working an event late into the night - the last thing you want to do is hike over to the Exec Wing).

Receptionist remembered my face from last time, as did the porter who moved my luggage in.

Room:
Whilst the room may be smaller than the Exec Wings room, I found it to be of good size for 2 double beds. The open balcony I love (even if it has a view directly down to a runway at ORD).

The room had a lovely Philips LCD TV. The iPod dock worked.

Power outlets we limited, but worked when found.

Bathroom - like most baths are half sized, but water heat was good. Amenities were restocked daily.

Restaurant:
Dined once at the main restaurant as I ate elsewhere most of the time (or was busy). Service was good, and portions generous (I'm a sucker for their burgers after a busy weekend). 2 person tab with 2 glasses of wine came to about $54 before tip.

The bar was closed on the Sunday due to a corporate event - it seems HQ decided to pay a visit that day - thus everyone was out on duty.

Little Shop
The little gift shop also does a reasonable line in sandwiches (ideal when you're working away). Whilst overpriced, they're of good quality and quantity.

Other Comments:
Within walking distance, the Rosemont Blue Line station is 5 minutes walk providing easy access to and from downtown (average 35 minutes to the bottom of The Loop)

Shuttle buses run to and from ORD every 15-30 minutes. Depending on their mood of course.

Checkout
Checkout was done in person - Internet Charges were attributed to the room. Were taken off when I noticed (The one platinum amenity I like!). Again hit with the silly 6% and 7% room taxes.

Overall:
This is my main exposure to the Hyatt brand, and the service is excellent. Plain and Simple.

Now as long as I get a balcony room each time I return here, we'll get along fine

Links:
http://www.photoblog.com/kevincm/201...att-ohare.html (Room and hotel pics)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...lar-ua-co.html (Trip Report with a mini Hyatt summary)

Last edited by Kevincm; Mar 23, 2010 at 7:36 pm Reason: One year, I might actually learn to spell.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
on 3/29/10 the Regency Lounge was OPEN. (I was looking forward to the 2500 points )

On the bright side...diamond complimentary upgrade to the Regency Suite
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
Dang it just missed 2500 points... Booked a room for later this week and
was hoping for the points! Called them and confirmed it is fully staffed and
food etc is being served.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
on 3/29/10 the Regency Lounge was OPEN. (I was looking forward to the 2500 points )
3/29 is today (Monday) and you posted on Sunday (3/28). Did you mean to say that it was open over the weekend?

I have a stay booked for a weekend in April and sure hope they close it (again) by then
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
3/29 is today (Monday) and you posted on Sunday (3/28). Did you mean to say that it was open over the weekend?

I have a stay booked for a weekend in April and sure hope they close it (again) by then
I meant to say that when I checked in on 3/28 (late) they said that it would be open for breakfast on 3/29. It was a Sunday night and you could tell occupancy was VERY low.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I meant to say that when I checked in on 3/28 (late) they said that it would be open for breakfast on 3/29. It was a Sunday night and you could tell occupancy was VERY low.
So it's still closed on the weekend itself? I'll be there on Friday night or Saturday night.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So it's still closed on the weekend itself? I'll be there on Friday night or Saturday night.
They are selling regency club rooms for this weekend.. so I suspect it will be open.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.