Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Intercontinental Ambassador, Delta
Anyone have recent experience with the club here? I have a reservation for an Exec King for a weekend in October, but looks like the club room is the same type. Wondering if it's worth the 3000pts for club access?

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lunacy111
Anyone have recent experience with the club here? I have a reservation for an Exec King for a weekend in October, but looks like the club room is the same type. Wondering if it's worth the 3000pts for club access?

Thanks!
I have stayed here several times and I don't think the Club Lounge is that great by Regency Club standards. Sometimes the lounge is really not at all enjoyable if there is a convention going on or one or two extended families decide to set up shop in the lounge.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
My recollection is the "Executive Wing" is a different tower and the rooms are larger.

The club can be quite nice at normal load with a great attendant, but it is not a "hover over you" operation. She is in and out and has other responsibilities. Menus are unpredictable (from quite good to something else, and not always replinshed). But seating is tight enough it is easily overwhelmed if a few people stay forever or treat it like a Golden Corral buffet.

Last edited by jayer; Sep 16, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Mistake post.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Lunacy111

Thanks!
To me, 3000 points have at least $60 in value, which means I would not do this if I were alone, but might if I had someone with me. Reason being: Miesque and jayer give a good view of the club, but I have to say that my experience skewed more to the positive side. The food spread was good, and if I only thought that because the bourbon pour was a generous one, well there are worse ways to delude one's self. I distinctly remember my colleague and I looking at each other with a "Why did we make plans to meet X for dinner?" look because at that time the club seemed comfortable and a money saver.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Just completed my 1st stay here & was satisfied, especially at the $45 anniversary rate.

Shuttle was prompt in both directions and checkin was quick. Was given a room on 27 that was fine and had a very large TV for the space.

Popped into lounge on Sun evening and there were some coldcuts and a hot offering of a vegetable samosa type hors d'oeuvre.

Spied a sign announcing that all alcohol was now free. Offerings include wine, beer snd some spirits. They do ask you to fill out a form to aid them in "restocking".

Also visited club in the AM right after opening time. The same cold cuts were out along with the smoked salmon, some cheeses, fruit, cereal, pastries and 1 hot item, a vegetable fritata.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Probably another thread somewhere that's more recent... but from my Globalist viewpoint, I really, really like this hotel.
- They regularly have Park + Sleep rates that are reasonable. $140 in my case for a two queen with up to two weeks of parking.
- I called the day of arrival to ask about a possibility of a suite upgrade. They said they had already proactively upgraded me to a plaza suite (480sf).
- THEN they said they would check to see if they had anything else higher. And proactively asked if I also needed rollaways or crib or anything.
- They have a really efficient shuttle that leaves every 15 minutes. Seems to always be on time and I rarely wait long.
- AND they have a lounge that's decent for breakfast/evening snacks, and is always open (for soda/water/yogurt).
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
At the RC now and it's back to pay for Liquor on the honor system. $4/$5 beer, $5 wine, $8 'premium' cocktail.

Small and currently noisy as entry isn't monitored and there's a teenager dance convention on; placed filled with moms and their dancing offspring. Hotel is sold out (and was two months ago).

Food is some salads, cheeses, taquitos, cold roasted beef and a few other bits and pieces.

Globalist upgrade to an end room on high floor in "executive" wing facing somewhat away from the airport. This room has a balcony with a sliding door for access and a window on a separate wall.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 11, 2018 at 9:30 am
Old May 9, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I stayed here for one night earlier this week on a Cash and Points rate - I booked two rooms, one for me and one for my in-laws. Both rooms were upgraded to Panorama Suites which are two level suites connected by a spiral staircase. Both rooms were also given club access. I thought upgrading and granting club access to both rooms was a nice gesture.

We ultimatey downgraded to a regular room as my wife was nervous about our toddler and the spiral staircase, but my in-laws stayed in their suite. I thought the suite was pretty neat but it is a little dicey with a small child.

I had stayed here once before in the Executive Wing and I didn’t recall much airplane noise, but on this stay there was quite a bit of airplane noise. There was a white noise machine in the room which was really useful and the airplane noise didn’t end up being a problem for me.

Evening service in the lounge was cold cuts, cheese, veggies, and turkey chili which my wife said was good. Breakfast service was similar except fruit instead of veggies and the one hot item was similar to chicken fajitas. Seemed like an odd breakfast dish but it tasted alright.

We arrived on the blue line from downtown and it was a ten minute walk (or so) from Rosemont. Took the shuttle back to the airport the next morning, as others have noted it leaves every fifteen minutes starting at 4 and worked fine. Overall the property is a little old but the staff was nice and on Cash and Points it’s an especially good deal.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Apologizes if this was covered upstream.....but does anyone know the club hours? I'm specifically wondering about Saturday mornings. Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chicago747
Apologizes if this was covered upstream.....but does anyone know the club hours? I'm specifically wondering about Saturday mornings. Thanks!
The club itself is 24/7 - keycard access will get you some yogurts, soda/water, maybe a couple of other light snacks. I don't remember the breakfast hours though.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jameswes
Probably another thread somewhere that's more recent... but from my Globalist viewpoint, I really, really like this hotel.
- They regularly have Park + Sleep rates that are reasonable. $140 in my case for a two queen with up to two weeks of parking.
- I called the day of arrival to ask about a possibility of a suite upgrade. They said they had already proactively upgraded me to a plaza suite (480sf).
- THEN they said they would check to see if they had anything else higher. And proactively asked if I also needed rollaways or crib or anything.
- They have a really efficient shuttle that leaves every 15 minutes. Seems to always be on time and I rarely wait long.
- AND they have a lounge that's decent for breakfast/evening snacks, and is always open (for soda/water/yogurt).
I agree. This is a convention hotel, but they really take care of Globalists.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:04 pm

Anyone have an email for this property? I'd like to email them and see if I can pay for an upgrade to my award stay. Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Just complete 2 nights here, attended 2 concerts at the Rosemont theater, nice and close.

I tried to use a suite upgrade a while back, but unavailable. At check in they told me I was being upgraded to a plaza suite, but it wasn't ready yet. We had lunch in the restaurant, only down side was they didn't know how to get base points for dining if you don't have a room, and told me bad info. The correct answer is talk to a restaurant manager, which I did on the last day. The club is in the lobby, it's very nice, typical US club selection for breakfast. My wife enjoyed the evening option ever night though I went to the Red Bar. The main restaurant is only open for dinner if they have enough people at the hotel and they are not all scheduled to eat at a banquet. They know this a few days in advance so you can ask them.

The hotel is being slowly remodeled, 1/2 of the executive wing, seems to be closed and there was dumpster action going on early in our stay replaced by 6-7 semi's at the end. The Plaza suite we were in is labeled as a Regency Suite. The bathroom was basically the same as a normal room, we got a 90% wall separating the bedroom from the area with the couch and TV. A white noise machine is provided and was key as our first night the neighbor was quite loud since there was an adjoining door. Being near the start of the haul if the hotel is busy you will get a lot of traffic past the door and without the white noise machine you could hear them quite well.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Looks like I'm the first poster post-Covid - good quick 2 day stay here this week in my first biz travel in 6 months:
- free parking (paid stay) acknowledged at check-in unprompted
- upgraded to a massive 2 level suite
- since lounge closed, offered a free drink + menu item at Perks (the cafe) for breakfast - I charged that + a couple other things each day (about $20 worth daily), they wiped all of it off at check-out

Very low capacity overall - nice that this property is basically offering full elite benefits, something many other chains can't be bothered to do (coughMarriottcough)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.